This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#886974 by bassaidai2222
02 Nov 2014, 09:46
I will flying from LHR to SFO on 6 may and returning on 27 may , any good recommendations for a good hotel with secure on site parking where my car will stay and not moved around by some cowboy car parking company . Note ...Last year I left my car at the Mecure hotel at Gatwick and it stated on site parking there , when I returned there was 47 miles added on the clock ...Beware ...Dave W .
#886977 by Blacky1
02 Nov 2014, 10:38
I've used the crowne plaza before with no problems ,whilst not the closest hotel it's just an easy ride on the heathrow hoppa
#886980 by gfonk
02 Nov 2014, 10:54
i have used the radisson twice and the renaissance both with no trouble. car had not been driven as i kept the keys.
#886981 by Nottingham Nick
02 Nov 2014, 10:55
We always use holidayextras.co.uk for a hotel + parking deal - for the past few years the best deal has always been at the Park Inn on the Bath Road - the deal includes 15 nights in the T3 long term car park, so you keep your keys and get the shuttle bus the short distance to the airport. The total bill hasn't been much more than parking on its own.

The Park Inn is nothing special; it is huge, and very busy with coach parties and air crew, but it is clean and fairly quiet in the rooms. It is also only a reasonable walk to The Pheasant for our pre-holiday meal. y) They also do family and triple rooms.

If you do stay in one of the Bath Road hotels, don't forget all of the service buses to and from the airport are free. I wouldn't use the rip off hotel hoppa unless I have a mountain of luggage and/or a tribe of little'uns in tow. 8D

Nick
#887048 by Darren Wheeler
02 Nov 2014, 19:21
If you do have lots of luggage or as a family, it can be cheaper to arrange a private transfer with the concierge. Straight to your terminal in comfort and an extra pair of hands.
#887069 by GasMonkey98
03 Nov 2014, 01:26
The Premier inn is usually fine. Not related to a hotel but purple parking is very good. Secure, quick transfer, never have to wait for a minivan and finally is sheltered from the weather.
#887073 by Hamster
03 Nov 2014, 10:12
Have used the sofitel at LHR, parking is underneath. All very easy and just had to walk to T5 (was flying BA), getting the train to T3 is very easy though.
Virgin Atlantic