This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#888688 by gfonk
22 Nov 2014, 18:40
Hi Guys
So its almost the 90 day count down to our flight to NRTin BA CW.
Have posted some thing similar on BA-Flyer and would just like to gauge peoples opinion over here on v-flyer.

So as most of you already do in UC, upon boarding we usually get changed in to our PJs (usually we take our own) and get settled in for the long flight.
So my question is - in BA CW on a long haul (kind of night flight as the NRT one is) do other passengers change in to PJs before take off or is it not that common and perhaps we should wait till after takeoff?

perhaps reading too much in to the whole issue but airline travel can be tricky as different PAX have different opinions as to what is generally acceptable.

Have to say that we are feeling a bit nervous about flying BA as it gives us the impression that it is not as comfortable/relaxing as say VS.

I think I will remember (for quite some time) not being able to have coke on a morning flight on BA lol because "we don't serve coke at breakfast sir" lol but we do serve red wine!! uh!! lol
#888697 by Hamster
22 Nov 2014, 19:26
Not sure as to how common it is (haven't flown CW, seen people do it in first though), but do make sure you take your own! BA don't give out PJs in Club.
#888699 by tontybear
22 Nov 2014, 19:39
Change when you want too though like you I change when on board and still on the ground.

Some pax don't even bother to change.

Same as on VS some people just don't change even though there are the ninja suits available.
#888706 by PaulS
22 Nov 2014, 20:06
I fly BA CW and F and in CW mist people tend to change into tracksuit bottoms and a T shirt. I must admit it came as a shock on my first CW flight to be told you don't get sleep suits , but I got used to taking my own and to be honest at 19st I never really fitted into the VS ones.

Don't be nervous about flying BA, they really are quite good. Read some of the recent trip reports on here and you'll see that whilst it's not quite the party atmosphere of VS if you inter react with the crew they will be really friendly. It's unfortunate that some people have to be either VS or BA and as this is a VS fan site you some times get the BA knockers running them down.

Whilst you will have to climb over peoples legs on some seats, the upside is they are very comfortable especially in the Z position. I think you'll also get a 773ER it should be a fairly new aircraft.

The galleries lounges are not The Clubhouse but they are more than adequate and champagne is available, but you have to ask for it. One tip if you know you have got a B gate nip down to T5B galleries lounge. It's usually a lot quieter.

Look forward to your trip I'm sure you'll enjoy it. :D
#888714 by Hull
22 Nov 2014, 20:58
Hi G

On my recent flights to and fron JNB I changed into my comfies whilst onboard but still on the ground.

Mrs Hull and I did spot a Pink Onsie in the JNB Galleries Lounge.

As Paul has said in the Z position the seats are very comfortable, we both enjoyed the CW experience and I'm sure you will too.
#888720 by Bretty
22 Nov 2014, 21:56
Don't get me started on onesies lol ):. I think you'll be just fine G, no worries at all, it's not gonna be what you're used to is all. We're flying ANA and their product looks brilliant, muted but still good (the food looks incredible in J).

We'll all be fine but like I say, it's not going to be what we're used to. Change into your jimjams or comfy stuff whenever you feel comfy.
#888725 by gfonk
22 Nov 2014, 22:59
hi all
thanks so much for the replies.
we will change into our comfies before take off as usual
i will definitely try to approach the CC in the galley and see.
thanks guys
its 97 days to go.
all documents have been in a Plastic wallet since the summer in the order i will need them.
we booked hotel in shinjuku but then suddenly a better deal came available so i booked it then cancelled original booking, felt a bit bad about it, is it cheeky?
after christmas will start to book taxi's.
#888729 by honey lamb
23 Nov 2014, 00:06
On my long-hauls in CW which were overnight flights I changed on the ground....

...... into my VS sleep suits! ):
#888730 by GasMonkey98
23 Nov 2014, 00:45
gfonk wrote:Hi Guys
So its almost the 90 day count down to our flight to NRTin BA CW.
Have posted some thing similar on BA-Flyer and would just like to gauge peoples opinion over here on v-flyer.

So as most of you already do in UC, upon boarding we usually get changed in to our PJs (usually we take our own) and get settled in for the long flight.
So my question is - in BA CW on a long haul (kind of night flight as the NRT one is) do other passengers change in to PJs before take off or is it not that common and perhaps we should wait till after takeoff?

perhaps reading too much in to the whole issue but airline travel can be tricky as different PAX have different opinions as to what is generally acceptable.

Have to say that we are feeling a bit nervous about flying BA as it gives us the impression that it is not as comfortable/relaxing as say VS.

I think I will remember (for quite some time) not being able to have coke on a morning flight on BA lol because "we don't serve coke at breakfast sir" lol but we do serve red wine!! uh!! lol

IMO if you've paid/used miles for the seat you can dress how you like, obviously without it being offensive.
#888731 by ScoobySu
23 Nov 2014, 01:02
gfonk wrote:we booked hotel in shinjuku but then suddenly a better deal came available so i booked it then cancelled original booking, felt a bit bad about it, is it cheeky?
after christmas will start to book taxi's.

Not at all - for our Vegas stay in 2011 I cancelled & rebooked the same hotel 3 times when better deals came available. For our trip in April 2015 I have already cancelled one SFO hotel and changed for another with a better rate. Both the Vegas and SFO hotels are booked on fully cancellable rates - at the moment the only packages/deals are for bookings up to the New Year so I'm hoping better deals come on line in the New Year.
#888738 by gfonk
23 Nov 2014, 10:07
honey lamb wrote:On my long-hauls in CW which were overnight flights I changed on the ground....

...... into my VS sleep suits! ):

i like your style HL
brilliant
@gasmonkey - you're so right.
we will take comfies and change before takeoff.
do CC offer to hang coats in CW?
#888762 by Hamster
23 Nov 2014, 16:56
gfonk wrote:do CC offer to hang coats in CW?

Yes they should do.
#888763 by gfonk
23 Nov 2014, 17:29
thanks for the info.
ah one last question if i may, in CW are you given a duvet like in UC or just a standard blanket?
#888774 by honey lamb
23 Nov 2014, 19:41
gfonk wrote:thanks for the info.
ah one last question if i may, in CW are you given a duvet like in UC or just a standard blanket?

A blanket. Duvets are in First.
#888779 by gfonk
23 Nov 2014, 20:22
thanks HL
hmm so im wondering how CW is/could be seen as better than UC? hmmm
so far for me UC is winning
looking forward to doing my first comparison
#888787 by honey lamb
23 Nov 2014, 21:13
gfonk wrote:thanks HL

It isn't.
#888815 by PaulS
24 Nov 2014, 13:43
If you are basing your arguement on duvets, lounges and other periferies then VS has the advantage, but the big advantage that BA does hold is that they actually fly to NRT and a lot more places than VS do. Add into the bargain their short haul ops plus AA IB and ONE world plus a better flying club with the ability to fly First, then for he BA win hands down. A blanket or duvet dosent matter to me as long as I'm warm. Lounge as long as I can get food and refreshments okay. Seat that's always a personal choice but UC seat in your feet into the aisle dosent work as well as the rear facing window seat. So swings and roundabouts. I'm happy to fly both choosing on price.
#888821 by preiffer
24 Nov 2014, 14:31
honey lamb wrote:
gfonk wrote:thanks HL

It isn't.

+1.

If anything...

BA First on a bad day = VS Upper.
VS Upper on a bad day = BA Club World.
#888877 by gfonk
24 Nov 2014, 21:11
PaulS wrote:If you are basing your arguement on duvets, lounges and other periferies then VS has the advantage, but the big advantage that BA does hold is that they actually fly to NRT and a lot more places than VS do. Add into the bargain their short haul ops plus AA IB and ONE world plus a better flying club with the ability to fly First, then for he BA win hands down. A blanket or duvet dosent matter to me as long as I'm warm. Lounge as long as I can get food and refreshments okay. Seat that's always a personal choice but UC seat in your feet into the aisle dosent work as well as the rear facing window seat. So swings and roundabouts. I'm happy to fly both choosing on price.

you are totally right and one of the main reasons we chose BA over the japanese carriers as we can collect miles flying short haul too.
i think it wont be too long till we have enough miles to fly BA F too.
Virgin Atlantic