This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#888709 by RachelCox
22 Nov 2014, 20:19
I was just engaging in my second favourite Internet based hobby (first is reading v-flyer of course :) )

I was googling pics of the current upper class cabin and some really old pics of original VS planes came up (mid 80's). It made me wonder whether if there is a website anyone could point me to so I can see some pics of the interior of the old VS planes?
#888711 by tontybear
22 Nov 2014, 20:36
There is a website (and magazine) dedicated to aircraft interiors which may have an archive.

Think it is a called 'airplane (or craft) interiors' - was mentioned on here a good few years ago.
#888776 by whiterose
23 Nov 2014, 20:16
Fantastic Nylon, thanks for all the links. What an improvement we have now, though I'd have loved the manicure station.
#888788 by honey lamb
23 Nov 2014, 21:18
RachelCox wrote:These are great - thank you so much.

So when did the flat beds come in?

Manicure station...... What???????

The flat beds came in towards the end of 2003. We were booked to take our first trip to SFO that year when they were announced, with SFO being one of the introductory routes. We were gutted when we were informed that they had not yet started to refit. :(

The "manicure station" was where the IFBT was positioned. It wasn't only manicures (which didn't include nail varnish for H&S reasons) but also massages and a few other treatments
#888799 by NYLON
23 Nov 2014, 23:37
whiterose wrote:Fantastic Nylon, thanks for all the links.

You're very welcome, but really it's thanks to mitchja for the two sites and the VS sorts already embedded in the links.

I just picked my favourite photos! :D
#888801 by slinky09
24 Nov 2014, 08:28
V-Flyers with some ahem 'experience' fondly remember the different cabins. I recall the original seats (before the purple cloth UC seats in one of the links) as being like big brown lounge chairs. The J2000 seat (shiny red leather) was a particular favourite of mine for it's comfort and easy recline (yes flat beds were of course better when they came) and I also loved that cabin design and for some reason really liked the wardrobe in the nose. The IFBT had a small menu of options including hand treatments, massage, facials etc.

I was going to say that the TR index would likely have some great old reviews, but it doesn't appear to be working?
#888802 by RachelCox
24 Nov 2014, 08:55
I hadn't flown VS until 2012 but I have flown pretty much every year of my life since the early 80's. I remember flying to LA, must have been early / mid 90's and we had to stop at Gander to refuel (was it common of all airlines at that time or was I just on a cheap and nasty one?!). It was the most awful flight in Y, very uncomfortable and to make matters worse we checked in late and were stuck in the smoking section - urgh!
Virgin Atlantic