This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#905151 by Sealink
11 Jun 2015, 10:34
You'll need an electronic travel authorisation to travel to Canada from next year.

It is cheap (for now) at CAD $7 and is valid for five years or until the expiry of your passport, whichever is sooner.

While not a huge sum, it's yet another straw on the travellers back!

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/1 ... horisation
#905190 by Hev60
11 Jun 2015, 15:59
Out of interest, does the UK have a similar charging policy to the ESTA say for US registered travellers arriving into our borders??
#905192 by joeyc
11 Jun 2015, 16:15
Hev60 wrote:Out of interest, does the UK have a similar charging policy to the ESTA say for US registered travellers arriving into our borders??


Nope, US visitors for tourism purposes don't require a visa.

Thanks for the heads up Billy y)
#905195 by SNOMO
11 Jun 2015, 16:49
Thanks for the heads up, we go to QC every February and they have been talking about it coming for the last couple of years, about time we started doing something similar here
Last edited by SNOMO on 11 Jun 2015, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.
#905200 by Hev60
11 Jun 2015, 17:35
SNOMO wrote:Thanks for the heads up, we go to QC every February and they have been talking about it coming for the last couple of years, bought time we started doing something similar here


Think you meant to type 'about time...., So yes here's a thought y)

Introduce a similar charging ESTA type document for tourists entering the UK and then cut out the APD ): ):
#905204 by tontybear
11 Jun 2015, 17:43
Well labour did suggest it as a way of funding more immigration offices but the Tories poo-pooed it.

Which means it will be government policy in a few months.

Off tangent but has APD really changed the number of visitors to the UK ? Any stats?
#905219 by Hev60
11 Jun 2015, 22:43
tontybear wrote:Well labour did suggest it as a way of funding more immigration offices but the Tories poo-pooed it.

Which means it will be government policy in a few months.

Off tangent but has APD really changed the number of visitors to the UK ? Any stats?



Tonty I was actually thinking that an ESTA type charge for those 'coming in' which would raise revenue and that way they could cut out the APD they add to our fares as we leave the uk ): ):
Virgin Atlantic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests

Itinerary Calendar