This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#916959 by Maximus
07 Feb 2016, 11:05
Military regiments have their animal mascots, students have their college mascots (as displayed by them on University Challenge) and I have my own travel mascot, Mr Cinnamon, who comes along on all my trips with me.

Mr Cinnamon.jpg
Mr Cinnamon.jpg (35.44 KiB) Viewed 19831 times

Now when I mentioned this to a friend in conversation yesterday, I could tell they thought I was stark raving mad from the look on their face :blush: And it is not as if I am a superstitious either. But Mr. Cinnamon is always in my hand luggage on any trip I take, short or long.

Which got me thinking, maybe I am mad/ odd/ eccentric (not that I care one jot if I am) but I bet there are others who also take along a travel charm, mascot or some other item on their trips, something of no practical use but a must-take item.

So V-flyers, confess, do you and if so what? Pictures would of course be welcomed.
#916962 by tontybear
07 Feb 2016, 11:42
Charms and mascots indeed!

I can tell you that both Tonty and Beary B Bearenberger (both pictured >>>>> enjoying the CH) are furious at that description.

They are TRAVEL COMPANIONS!
#916965 by pjh
07 Feb 2016, 11:48
Maximus wrote:
some other item on their trips, something of no practical use but a must-take item.

For us, it used to be the children. :)

For years I has a St Christopher medallion which was my constant companion. I lost it, nothing changed and so I never replaced it with anything else.
#916971 by hiljil
07 Feb 2016, 13:18
For some reason I always wear blue to travel ! I didn't start out deliberately choosing blue but one day, looking at recent photos of myself on the plane, I suddenly realised I always seemed to be in blue. So, since then, I have made a conscious effort to wear that colour !!!
#916972 by Bretty
07 Feb 2016, 13:51
Maximus wrote:
something of no practical use but a must-take item.

My husband! ;-)
#916973 by dickydotcom
07 Feb 2016, 14:05
hiljil wrote:For some reason I always wear blue to travel ! I didn't start out deliberately choosing blue but one day, looking at recent photos of myself on the plane, I suddenly realised I always seemed to be in blue. So, since then, I have made a conscious effort to wear that colour !!!

Last couple of trips I've ended up wearing purple which was much too close a match to the cabin trim so this time I am consciously going to wear something different. I'll have to decide soon as with only 12 days to go the cases are down and Mrs D is already packing. Perhaps I'll wear blue.

But no mascots for me.

Dick D
#916976 by Maximus
07 Feb 2016, 14:18
tontybear wrote:Charms and mascots indeed!

I can tell you that both Tonty and Beary B Bearenberger (both pictured >>>>> enjoying the CH) are furious at that description.

They are TRAVEL COMPANIONS!

I do apologise!

Mr Cinnamon does not object to being called a lucky mascot for, as you can clearly see, he has no mouth and is silent. I prefer my companions that way ;-)
#916977 by Maximus
07 Feb 2016, 14:20
hiljil wrote:For some reason I always wear blue to travel !

Then you shall blend in very well with the decor of the British Airways First Class cabin in just a few weeks then :D
#916978 by Maximus
07 Feb 2016, 14:21
Bretty wrote:
Maximus wrote:
something of no practical use but a must-take item.

My husband! ;-)

I have tears of laughter running down my my face Bretty :-D
#916979 by hiljil
07 Feb 2016, 14:38
Oh Maximus , you are doing it again - cranking my excitement !!! :blush: :-O :-D
#916992 by kered
07 Feb 2016, 17:18
"George" the troll, as seen in my avatar has accompanied me for many years as I travelled. I have pictures of him taken at loads of landmarks around the world & often thought to put a collage of "Travels with George" together.

In recent years, he hasn't travelled with me, instead preferring to "mind the house" from the bedside locker when I'm away. But I've been thinking lately, that he may just have to come out of retirement again soon, particularly if I'm travelling to somewhere he hasn't been before which will give a new photo op :)
#916998 by Bretty
07 Feb 2016, 19:59
I think some of y'all need a psychiatric assessment. Not naming names, you know who you are lol.
#918023 by Leanne
26 Feb 2016, 21:19
I have a Jess cat who is pictured who comes with us.

I remember at security at the Hancock Tower in Chicago I was asked why I had a cat in my bag :blush:

My only superstition is not putting my flight socks on till I am in my seat on the plane. Much to the amusement of my husband. Who always asks me to put them on whilst we are waiting to board. The conversation goes the same way each time, so much so that it might now become a superstition :-D
Virgin Atlantic