A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#97309 by Littlejohn
05 Feb 2006, 17:07
I too voted for Jazz. I would still like that because I think it adds a certain ambiance. However I have no idea of the likely cost. Maybe if it is popular enough we could get some indicative numbers then have a recheck with people if the cost changes their minds?
#97318 by pegitt
05 Feb 2006, 17:26
So if we go for cd/i pod will this mean i can get to play Slayer, Angel of death or will it be a bit heavy[}:)]
#97324 by Littlejohn
05 Feb 2006, 17:34
Originally posted by pegitt
So if we go for cd/i pod will this mean i can get to play Slayer, Angel of death or will it be a bit heavy[}:)]

Nope, I think you have misunderstood.[:(][:$]
#97342 by MarkJ
05 Feb 2006, 17:59
Nowt wrong with a bit of Slayer off the ipod!!!

Just another suggestion - what about Karaoke - the mobile ones I have seen usually play background music and then wheneveer the fancy takes someone they can get up and make an arse of themselves!!!! Not as expensive as a disco or band either!!
#97489 by Bazz
06 Feb 2006, 10:16
Just to clarify things on the cost front, if all the people who have put their names down in the other thread turn up, we will have enough to cover the band, tucker and the boat and may be even able to scrape by with a little under the 50 quid mark. We are not talking about increasing the cost above 50 quid to cover the entertainment.

I am still waiting for full costings which I hope to have this week.
#97503 by Nottingham Nick
06 Feb 2006, 10:47
I accept that Bazz, but - if we binned that live music, would that bring the cost down at all? I just thought that more members may join us, if it were a tad cheaper.

If not, then I will go with the flow.:D

Nick
#97517 by Bazz
06 Feb 2006, 11:42
Naturally if we don't have a Jazz Band or a Disco, the per head figure, assuming all attend, will reduce. I originally put in the £50 per head figure on the basis of last years attendance, it was better to quote the worst case senario rather than to have to go back and ask for more money.

One of the reasons for running the Poll was to solicit members views as to whether or not they wanted some entertainment on the boat.

I too am happy to go with the majority. Personally have voted for the Jazz Band as I think it is a completely fitting accompaniment to a summer river cruise.

Barry
#97539 by shazam
06 Feb 2006, 13:47
Originally posted by MarkJ
Nowt wrong with a bit of Slayer off the ipod!!!

Just another suggestion - what about Karaoke - the mobile ones I have seen usually play background music and then wheneveer the fancy takes someone they can get up and make an arse of themselves!!!! Not as expensive as a disco or band either!!
Do you know what you're suggesting????

I'll go for the ipod option, Motorhead, Sisters of Mercy, New Model Army, Green Day, Ramones and The Wildhearts currently on mine :)

S
#97540 by preiffer
06 Feb 2006, 13:52
Originally posted by shazam
I'll go for the ipod option...
I'll dust mine off then... [:w]
#97541 by fozzyo
06 Feb 2006, 14:00
Originally posted by preiffer
Originally posted by shazam
I'll go for the ipod option...
I'll dust mine off then... [:w]

So whats the story with your mythical iPod?

Mat xxx
#97542 by Littlejohn
06 Feb 2006, 14:02
I have some tapes of Louis Armstong and Tom Jones which I quite fond of listenting to if someone wouldn't mind popping them onto and Ipod for me. I also have an Andy Williams somewhere - I don't listen to it that often, but it's really quite pleasant when one is in front of the fire, reading a book (in a rocking chair of course).
#97557 by ChuckC
06 Feb 2006, 14:36
I have three Virgin boarding music series on my IPod, which would be perfect for embarkation and disembarkation, no?

Chuck-
#97559 by HighFlyer
06 Feb 2006, 14:42
I have three Virgin boarding music series on my IPod, which would be perfect for embarkation and disembarkation, no?

ROTFLPMP :)

Jazz, iPod, Mcuth singing ... oh the choices .. and now we have the possibility of boarding music!! I trust someone will be on hand to dish out thimble sized cups of Champagne and to take coats??

On a more serious note, i'd like a bit of music as it certainly adds to the ambience of the evening, but im not fussed as to its source, whether its a paid for Jazz band or another relapse into Pauls world of Aqua, Tony Christie and friends. The music is only the background for the festivties to me so im happy with whatever is the easiest and/or cheapest option.
#97571 by fozzyo
06 Feb 2006, 15:19
Originally posted by HighFlyer
On a more serious note, i'd like a bit of music as it certainly adds to the ambience of the evening, but im not fussed as to its source, whether its a paid for Jazz band or another relapse into Pauls world of Aqua, Tony Christie and friends. The music is only the background for the festivties to me so im happy with whatever is the easiest and/or cheapest option.

Oh dear - sounds like his iPod could be gayer then mine! Agree with the last bit, I guess its only for background music really.

Mat xxx
#97574 by preiffer
06 Feb 2006, 15:23
Oh, believe me Mat - there is other content that will prove my iPod's heterosexuality within 20 seconds... [:w];)[:0]
#97580 by fozzyo
06 Feb 2006, 16:18
Originally posted by preiffer
Oh, believe me Mat - there is other content that will prove my iPod's heterosexuality within 20 seconds... [:w];)[:0]

LMAO! :D
Virgin Atlantic