#128765 by buns
22 Jul 2006, 08:36
B13 & 14 for Mrs Buns and myself.

Pity the poor S**s between us James and Jason[}:)][}:)]

buns
#129790 by JAT74L
31 Jul 2006, 01:53
Originally posted by v8gaz
I think I may be able to drag myself from the civilised side of the country for at least a couple of beers!

JAT - am I right in thinking you're from round my way (lanarkshire)? How are you planning to travel?

My move will be on GNER from Motherwell - perhaps we could tie up?

John
#129791 by JAT74L
31 Jul 2006, 01:56
So, for inbound locals..what's the best day/evening for a beer or ten?

Regards

John
#129910 by roadrunner
01 Aug 2006, 03:30
Am def hoping that there is a pre-Katzenjammer dinner planned, would welcome place/time info if known?

cheers,

meg
#130029 by Scorpio
01 Aug 2006, 15:58
Unfortunately due to personal circumstances i am unable to attend the Edinburgh Festival but have reserved a room(pay at check out) at Malmaison.Since i did this online i am able to change the name on the reservation if anybody is still looking for a room.rate still at £90.

Unfortunately as well i am unable to fly to Barbados for my 1st wedding anniversary in December and sample the delights of upper class.

If anybody interested in the room pm me.
#130125 by Nottingham Nick
01 Aug 2006, 20:19
Sorry you won't make it motherger... maybe next time.

Can any of the locals / experts suggest a rendezvous point for Saturday afternoon, please?

Most people are staying at the Malmaison, and we need to be at the Brunton Theatre for 7.30pm.

I have no idea of how far the two are apart, but if someone could suggest a meeting point that serves the requisite liquid refreshment, we will all aim to be there are some point in the afternoon.

Nick
#130126 by McCoy
01 Aug 2006, 20:19
Me and the missus cycled out to Leith last week, and had dinner at Malmaison, sitting outside in the sunshine.. lovely it was. Even the house white wine was quite palatable.

The cycle home was tremendously entertaining....!
#130135 by hamishbrown
01 Aug 2006, 20:46
Originally posted by Nottingham Nick
Can any of the locals / experts suggest a rendezvous point for Saturday afternoon, please?
Most people are staying at the Malmaison, and we need to be at the Brunton Theatre for 7.30pm.
I have no idea of how far the two are apart, but if someone could suggest a meeting point that serves the requisite liquid refreshment, we will all aim to be there are some point in the afternoon.

The Brunton Theatre is in Musselburgh, which is on the outskirts of Edinburgh (East side), so maybe you should use the Malmaison as your meeting point... [|:)]
#130245 by v8gaz
02 Aug 2006, 10:36
JAT - are you planning the GNER back to Motherwell? I think the last one is about 10:20 which is hideously early. I have in the past got the last train to Queen st (11:30?) and taxi'd back from there, which is just about affordable!
#130248 by Scorpio
02 Aug 2006, 10:43
JAT - are you planning the GNER back to Motherwell? I think the last one is about 10:20 which is hideously early. I have in the past got the last train to Queen st (11:30?) and taxi'd back from there, which is just about affordable!

In the scottish news this morning they said that there will be a midnight service back to Queen street for people going to the festival if that helps?
#130262 by v8gaz
02 Aug 2006, 11:06
woo! An extra half hour? They are too kind! And they wonder why no-one from Glasgow goes to the festival!
#130269 by Scorpio
02 Aug 2006, 11:21
woo! An extra half hour? They are too kind! And they wonder why no-one from Glasgow goes to the festival!

[:o)]
#132019 by Scorpio
10 Aug 2006, 15:49
Hey guys,
sorry to mess you all around but i am able to make it now to the Festival!:)

My best mate is coming with me and we are still booked in at the Malmaison (lucky i didnt cancel it);)

Does anyone know yet times of meeting etc as i really want to do the City of the dead tour and didnt know what time to book for it? if anyone is interested in a little historical side of Edinburgh and not afraid of the dark as we go into a cemetary you are welcome to join us. i think there is one at 8pm or 10pm and it last for about 45 min i think tickets around £8.

I am so glad i am going to meet you all now![:X]
#132021 by HighFlyer
10 Aug 2006, 15:51
Good stuff Ger - does this mean that your drinking lesson is still on offer? ;)

Thanks,
Sarah
#132022 by Scorpio
10 Aug 2006, 15:54
Ahhhh, bottle of Southern Comfort please ............ & maybe a bottle of fine malt whisky!
#132062 by hamishbrown
10 Aug 2006, 16:44
Originally posted by motherger
Ahhhh, bottle of Southern Comfort please ............ & maybe a bottle of fine malt whisky!

[|:)]

if you like your whisky, then you should visit the scotch malt whisky society (http://www.smws.co.uk/) - and here's the best bit, it is only a 5-minute drunken stagger from the malmaison...

[:$] [|)]
#132083 by Scorpio
10 Aug 2006, 17:13
hum de dum ............ [:?]

[:$][:o)]
#133193 by Richard28
15 Aug 2006, 20:28
I have to give the Edinburgh festival a miss now I'm afraid, some work comitments have got in the way at the 11th hour.

Have fun everyone [:(]
#133235 by JAT74L
16 Aug 2006, 00:19
Are we any further forward on a meeting point for the afternoon "conviviality" ?

I'm planning on coming through on the 1200 GNER Glasgow - Kings X

Regards

John
#133289 by HighFlyer
16 Aug 2006, 10:36
Sheila - Bummer! Us Pommies not good enough for you ;)

So what is the plan for the weekend? Other than arriving at the Malmaison's bar and finding it difficult to move until Katzenjammer? ;)

Thanks,
Sarah
#133295 by onionz
16 Aug 2006, 10:47
Hey Richard/Shane/Sheila, that's no good - you were supposed to be keeping me entertained on the flight up there [:(].
#133303 by HighFlyer
16 Aug 2006, 11:02
Originally posted by onionz
Hey Richard/Shane/Sheila, that's no good - you were supposed to be keeping me entertained on the flight up there [:(].

Oh dont worry, you have me on the flight home to keep you entertained!! I am sure we can find merriment at EDI airport, though looks like we wont be able to avail ourselves of the benefits of Sheila's Qantas Bronze card [:(]

Thanks,
Sarah
#133312 by onionz
16 Aug 2006, 11:29
Does a Qantas bronze card carry any benefits?

The latest disruption update from BA has Friday as the first day since the disruption started that they intend to operate all flights. This looks promising.

Have you worked out yet how I am getting from EDI to Malmaison, Sarah? :)
#133320 by HighFlyer
16 Aug 2006, 11:41
Originally posted by onionz
Does a Qantas bronze card carry any benefits?

Additional luggage ... and i *think* you have access to some lounges through partners. Hey, why not apply and find out for yourself? Lose all those tacky airline tags from your luggage in favour of your Qantas Bronze!

Have you worked out yet how I am getting from EDI to Malmaison, Sarah? :)

Have i worked it out? What am i, concierge or summat? Erm ... we'll be getting a taxi i think, i presume that its not that far from the airport? You could always hire a car, then come collect me the next morning you know! ;)

Thanks,
Sarah
Virgin Atlantic