A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#109256 by Scrooge
30 Mar 2006, 18:09
Originally posted by sailor99
No, it was the other way round because of the US/UK laundering restrictions, and my concern that you would blow the lot gambling.

Why is the counter stil ticking up - I thought the xmas tree had been taken down.

Well I do have this great system for beating the Big6 :D

What ticker?
#109258 by GatorBaiter
30 Mar 2006, 18:42
Really glad your coming along, DragonLady! [8D]
#109305 by DragonLady
30 Mar 2006, 21:11
Jacq,Just hope we don't disgrace ourselves!Out of interest any V-Flyers ever been banned from attending future events because of their antics "on tour"?
#109315 by Scrooge
30 Mar 2006, 21:34
Originally posted by DragonLady
Jacq,Just hope we don't disgrace ourselves!Out of interest any V-Flyers ever been banned from attending future events because of their antics "on tour"?

After the Vegas showing,I would say that would be very hard to do :D on a VF thing...on a FVC,I would think it would be a little calmer.
#109330 by mcuth
30 Mar 2006, 22:31
Originally posted by jetwet1
...on a FVC,I would think it would be a little calmer.

Hmmmm, yeah, you'd think so, wouldn't you? You did see the FVC party thread from this point and onwards didn't you? ;):D

Cheers

Michael
#109333 by mcuth
30 Mar 2006, 22:37
Originally posted by GatorBaiter
Er, something that would get me thrown out of a pub...?

That would probably be more interesting than my original suggestion of something that wouldn't ;)

Does Pink champagne fit "chuggyboat" or "pleasurecraft" criteria?

Ack, wouldn't like to say - probably "chuggyboat"? It's not a ferry, but it'll not be too fast either :D

Cheers

Michael
#109335 by Littlejohn
30 Mar 2006, 22:37
Oh go on. Disgrace yourselves. You know you want to!
#109337 by Nottingham Nick
30 Mar 2006, 22:43
any V-Flyers ever been banned from attending future events because of their antics "on tour"

After the Vegas showing,I would say that would be very hard to do :D

What happens in Vegas (or the riverboat) stays in Vegas (or on the riverboat) [:w][:w]

All except the bits that get caught on camera, and get posted on the website. [:I][:I]

Nick
#109339 by Scrooge
30 Mar 2006, 22:50
How did I guess that Decker would be in the middle of it all?
#109347 by Scrooge
30 Mar 2006, 23:16
Originally posted by Nottingham Nick
any V-Flyers ever been banned from attending future events because of their antics "on tour"

After the Vegas showing,I would say that would be very hard to do :D

What happens in Vegas (or the riverboat) stays in Vegas (or on the riverboat) [:w][:w]

All except the bits that get caught on camera, and get posted on the website. [:I][:I]

Nick

I havn't named names or spilt the beans...well at least not on an "open" forum.[:I]
#109348 by Littlejohn
30 Mar 2006, 23:24
Apart from the capers and canoodlings of the aristocracy I didn't realise there were any beans to be spilt........
#109351 by Scrooge
30 Mar 2006, 23:38
Originally posted by sailor99
Apart from the capers and canoodlings of the aristocracy I didn't realise there were any beans to be spilt........

Well thats what you get for not coming to Vegas [V]
#109353 by preiffer
30 Mar 2006, 23:43
And let that be a warning to all who miss the socials... ;)[:0]
#109355 by DragonLady
30 Mar 2006, 23:48
I do disgrace spectacularly, and it looks as if I'll be in good company..LOL
#109356 by Scrooge
30 Mar 2006, 23:53
Originally posted by preiffer
And let that be a warning to all who miss the socials... ;)[:0]

oh [:I][:#][B)]
#109368 by mcuth
31 Mar 2006, 01:02
I do disgrace spectacularly, and it looks as if I'll be in good company..LOL

Absolutely - nothing to worry about on that front at all ;)

Cheers

Michael
#109375 by ChuckC
31 Mar 2006, 03:11
Originally posted by onionz
Originally posted by mcuth

Originally posted by GatorBaiter
BTW, is there actually any kind of dress code

ROTFLMFAO - have you seen any of the pics of previous RBS? :D Probably just best to say wear something comfortable that wouldn't get you thrown out of a pub ;)

IIRC, Mike was wearing mainly food at the last RBS. :D

Onion,
I do believe, though I wasn't there to actually witness it, he may have been "wearing" a bit more beverage than food, truth be told.[:#]
There was that "wetting" incident, remember, that was caught on camera.[:w]

Chuck-
#109377 by onionz
31 Mar 2006, 03:20
Very true Chuck - the photo evidence tells its own story.

But I was out on the deck with Mike at one point, and he definitely ended up wearing food! I'm fairly sure at least one fellow V-Flyer was there to witness the awful scene. Was it Pete perhaps? The main thing of course was that we were all having a great time DESPITE the terrible visuals on offer. :)
#109379 by Scrooge
31 Mar 2006, 04:06
Originally posted by onionz
Very true Chuck - the photo evidence tells its own story.

But I was out on the deck with Mike at one point, and he definitely ended up wearing food! I'm fairly sure at least one fellow V-Flyer was there to witness the awful scene. Was it Pete perhaps? The main thing of course was that we were all having a great time DESPITE the terrible visuals on offer. :)

Well thats no good,as we have seen (Boneyard trip)a certain member is no good the morning after one of these things so he/she cannot be a reliable witness [B)]
#109383 by ChuckC
31 Mar 2006, 05:22
Oh dear, what have I started here?

Chuck- [laying down verbal weaponry and backing away slowly]
#109384 by Scrooge
31 Mar 2006, 05:28
Originally posted by ChuckC
Oh dear, what have I started here?

Chuck- [laying down verbal weaponry and backing away slowly]

Dave puts down his wine glass and picks up the weaponary,what the heck he is 5500 miles and one bottle of wine away :D[:p]

Chuck,you should know by now that when one of these threads goes OT then im sure to be around to show it the way...

Ok to get back to the topic in hand,im guessing most of you will be arriving on saturday morning,how about planning something for friday night for those of you that will be showing up then.
#109393 by Littlejohn
31 Mar 2006, 08:14
I find that I am in a position to confirm that, although much of the personal decoration was beer, at one point there was food all down the front, and a considerable quantity very visible in and around the mouth. Now don't fight it Michael or I will post 'that picture' again. ;)
#109396 by DragonLady
31 Mar 2006, 08:49
Sounds like an interesting night lies ahead!- I look forward to it with great anticipation (or should that be trepidation...?).
Julie
#109434 by MarkJ
31 Mar 2006, 14:21
Glad to see you opted for the bash!!!! Im really looking forward to it coz it will be good to put some names to faces and also to voices!! I laready have an idea that Jeremy sounds like a "Commodore" type - but who knows eh???
#109440 by Littlejohn
31 Mar 2006, 14:34
Originally posted by MarkJ
I laready have an idea that Jeremy sounds like a "Commodore" type - but who knows eh???

Well right at the moment I do have a fleet of 17 vessels under me, so I guess that you are right that I am a commodore rather than a mere Post Captain. However, as some of you know, I leave Clipper Ventures today (well in 3 hours and 26 minutes to be precise, not that I am counting) so by the river boar bash I guess I will be back to being a Captain of the Yellow on half pay[:#].
Virgin Atlantic