A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#109441 by Bazz
31 Mar 2006, 14:50
Clipper Ventures still have 3 hours 10 minutes during which their website will be up to date then ;)
#109507 by MarkJ
31 Mar 2006, 21:46
I have now fully read this whoel post - there seem to be a few "truths" and "stories" emerging - does anyone think that all cameras should be banned?
#109511 by GatorBaiter
31 Mar 2006, 21:49
Where's the fun in that if there's no evidence of people wearing their alcohol and generally disgracing themselves? DragonLady and I are looking forward to making complete arses of ourselves ;)
#109512 by Scrooge
31 Mar 2006, 21:50
Originally posted by MarkJ
I have now fully read this whoel post - there seem to be a few "truths" and "stories" emerging - does anyone think that all cameras should be banned?

NO !!!! I demand pictures
#109556 by DragonLady
01 Apr 2006, 09:08
I've no problems with pictures- they help fill in the bits I can't remember!
Jacq, remember we will be V-flyer "debutantes" and must not act too disgracefully (well,not for the first hour or two anyway!!).
#109558 by MarkJ
01 Apr 2006, 10:05
Originally posted by GatorBaiter
DragonLady and I are looking forward to making complete arses of ourselves ;)

Really!!!

Hahahaha!!

That will be funny!!!
#110170 by mcuth
05 Apr 2006, 06:58
Originally posted by jetwet1
how about planning something for friday night for those of you that will be showing up then.

I plan a night in the bar, and eating some food :D

Originally posted by sailor99
I find that I am in a position to confirm that, although much of the personal decoration was beer, at one point there was food all down the front, and a considerable quantity very visible in and around the mouth. Now don't fight it Michael or I will post 'that picture' again. ;)

Blah blah blah :D The pics are all in the gallery anyway [:p] But yeah, an afternoon watching the cricket with constant beer supplies was perhaps not the best preamble to the evening :D

Originally posted by DragonLady
Sounds like an interesting night lies ahead!- I look forward to it with great anticipation (or should that be trepidation...?).

Oh, I'd be on the anticipation side :D

Cheers

Michael
#110316 by DragonLady
05 Apr 2006, 18:57
Right Michael- anticipation it is.
Can anyone tell me what the form is regarding eating and drinking on board ie do they sell wine by the bottle( makes me sound like an old lush!) and will the buffet be substantial enough to sustain my ravenous appetite?
Julie
#110317 by Decker
05 Apr 2006, 19:08
Mrs D and I booked into the Hotel - who took all the Execs? [:(];). Decided it was wiser with taxi availability etc etc etc. And anyway who's going to look after Michael if Mrs D isn;'t there? :)
#110343 by mcuth
05 Apr 2006, 20:39
Right Michael- anticipation it is.
Can anyone tell me what the form is regarding eating and drinking on board ie do they sell wine by the bottle( makes me sound like an old lush!) and will the buffet be substantial enough to sustain my ravenous appetite?

I can't remember if they sell wine by the bottle or not, but it's a normal bar service (including draught ale, IIRC) [y] Trust me, if the buffet is enough to sustain me, you'll have no problems :D;)

Originally posted by Decker
And anyway who's going to look after Michael if Mrs D isn;'t there? :)

LOL - yeah, there is that :D

Cheers

Michael
#110358 by Nottingham Nick
05 Apr 2006, 21:10
Mrs D and I booked into the Hotel -

Great news, [y] [y]

Sue was only asking the other day, if you were both attending. :D
#110483 by pegitt
06 Apr 2006, 01:12
and will the buffet be substantial enough to sustain my ravenous appetite?

Ah i have the number for a good southern fried chicken take away that deliver to the hotel[y]
#110488 by Scrooge
06 Apr 2006, 01:34
Originally posted by pegitt
and will the buffet be substantial enough to sustain my ravenous appetite?

Ah i have the number for a good southern fried chicken take away that deliver to the hotel[y]

It's a saturday night!!! Fried chicken !!! what has the UK come to when after a piss up you go out for a....fried chciken dinner [:0][B)][:#]

There has to be a good curry house close by or at least somewhere to get a doner kebab with extra chilli sauce...Decker,Mcuth..please explain these facts of British social life to these...boys...Pegitt,I expected better from you.
#110585 by ChuckC
06 Apr 2006, 14:43
Mrs D and I booked into the Hotel - who took all the Execs? [:(];).

Some of the folks traveling over hill and dale ...[8D] ... not to mention over the ocean blue.[:#]

Chuck-
#111051 by mcuth
08 Apr 2006, 18:30
There has to be a good curry house close by or at least somewhere to get a doner kebab with extra chilli sauce...Decker,Mcuth..please explain these facts of British social life to these...boys...Pegitt,I expected better from you.

Strangely enough, I don't think there is a curry house or kebab shop nearby - I do remember us being sat in the bar, hungry, at stupid o'clock last year, and Phil sending for the fried chicken :D

Cheers

Michael
#111061 by Scrooge
08 Apr 2006, 20:12
Originally posted by mcuth

Strangely enough, I don't think there is a curry house or kebab shop nearby - I do remember us being sat in the bar, hungry, at stupid o'clock last year, and Phil sending for the fried chicken :D

Cheers

Michael

Oh...that just plain sucks...guess i'll have to change my sig now
[:#]
#111092 by DragonLady
09 Apr 2006, 11:04
There's always Dominos in Maidenhead should all else fail..not quite the same as a curry or kebab though!
Julie
#111104 by Bazz
09 Apr 2006, 13:42
There's always Dominos in Maidenhead should all else fail..not quite the same as a curry or kebab though!
Julie

There are three or four Pizza delivery shops in the town, don't know what time last order are though [?]
#111222 by Jonathan
10 Apr 2006, 14:52
I hate to say it but that chicken hit the spot...wasnt there loads of fries left over though!!

Bazz given your the local man, could you find what places diliver late AFAIR we ordered the chicken quite late last time!!
#111225 by Bazz
10 Apr 2006, 14:55
I will make some enquiries
#111234 by Littlejohn
10 Apr 2006, 15:06
Of course there is an alternative to addiction to this late night food binges. We could eat a healthy and nutritious meal on the boat, drink moderately and then retire at a modest hour so that we can rise nice and early for a group yoga session by the tranquil Thames followed by a lovely breakfast of fresh fruit and museli.
#111236 by mcuth
10 Apr 2006, 15:08
Of course there is an alternative to addiction to this late night food binges. We could eat a healthy and nutritious meal on the boat, drink moderately and then retire at a modest hour so that we can rise nice and early for a group yoga session by the tranquil Thames followed by a lovely breakfast of fresh fruit and museli.

ROTFLMFAOPMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Michael
#111241 by Bazz
10 Apr 2006, 15:26

You'll get reduced to the ranks making those kind of suggestions Jeremy [:p]
#111291 by DragonLady
10 Apr 2006, 20:10
Sorry chaps.....muesli and yoga ?...I'll be having a full english breakfast on my own then!
#111292 by Scrooge
10 Apr 2006, 20:15

You should be thankful im not going to be there...can anyone say man over board :D
Virgin Atlantic