A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#113991 by HighFlyer
24 Apr 2006, 20:27
To be fair, yes the meal was expensive, but c'mon, this is the Burj Al Arab, 7 star hotel, its going to be!

The food was fine to me, but i dont claim to have a sophisticated palette. I have eaten meals that are a lot cheaper and have been a lot better - although im very happy with pie & chips for dinner. Were any of these meals worth the price? The meal? no, probably not, but the occasion and the experience which called for the meal in the first place meant that it was well worth it. Sometimes you have to push the boat out.

I think its obvious to say that dining at the Burj is not going to be a cheap affair, and i for one was prepared for this and i am happy to have had the experience as i doubt ill be going back to dine there again. Do i regret spending the money on the meal? Not at all.

Thanks,
Sarah
#114006 by Tony T
24 Apr 2006, 21:20
Sarah/Richard.
I am sitting in front of my monitor with a smile on my face. I sincerely hope that you 2 are not having your first tiff. I believe it fair to say that you will not be having your reception or honeymoon at the aforesaid hotel.LOL[:w]
I enjoyed the whole of the hotel experience.
From memory the house wine was a tad over £60 a bottle
#114042 by Gelding
24 Apr 2006, 22:22
Highflyer your correct.

If its there and you want to do it, go for it, life if too short to worry about what you never did.

Got to admit I dont think i would enjoy the expirence, would be too worried about how much of a bill i racked up! On the other hand I am sure some people would love to go and think nothing of it.

Did you guys visit any other nice places that were slightly less expensive?
#114064 by Tony T
24 Apr 2006, 22:39
Go to the Mall Of The Emirates, eat there and try skiing.
#114072 by honey lamb
24 Apr 2006, 22:55
Originally posted by Tony T
Go to the Mall Of The Emirates, eat there and try skiing.

That's what we did. We ate at TGI Friday and tried skiing. I wimped out [:I]. Well when you manage to fall while standing still, what's a girl to do? In any case the instructor was female (and not very friendly to boot) and I thought the whole point of skiing was to flirt with the ski instructor [:w]
#114077 by Gelding
24 Apr 2006, 23:04
Oh thats definatally on the list, going with the missus!!

In any case the instructor was female (and not very friendly to boot)

Huummm must be importing them from europe then....
#114078 by HighFlyer
24 Apr 2006, 23:05
I sincerely hope that you 2 are not having your first tiff. I believe it fair to say that you will not be having your reception or honeymoon at the aforesaid hotel.LOL

Not at all ... on both counts [:P]

Did you guys visit any other nice places that were slightly less expensive?

Another vote for Ski Dubai and the Emirates Mall here!

Food wise, there was a nice Argentinian steak place in the Jumeriah beach hotel, and the 360 Bar, which is out on a pier from Jumeriah beach, the bar has fab views of the hotels and the bay and was a nice place to grab a drink, meet people and chill out!

TFI Fridays? What more can i say [y]

Thanks,
Sarah
#114080 by honey lamb
24 Apr 2006, 23:11
Originally posted by Gelding

In any case the instructor was female (and not very friendly to boot)

Huummm must be importing them from europe then....

Yup! She was definitely European
#114081 by Gelding
24 Apr 2006, 23:14
Food wise, there was a nice Argentinian steak place in the Jumeriah beach hotel, and the 360 Bar, which is out on a pier from Jumeriah beach, the bar has fab views of the hotels and the bay and was a nice place to grab a drink

Cool just the kind of thing we are looking for.
Virgin Atlantic