A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#12223 by GatorBaiter
19 Apr 2006, 17:26
Well, should I be asking for a name change to 'Old Croc' as I am turning 29 on Sunday? [:o)]

I feel there’s a need for celebrating the ultimate year so, to mark the occasion, I will be going out with the girls from school (staff that is, not a bunch of 7 year olds (though it has been said my behaviour is not dissimilar)) in Guildford on Saturday night. The rough plan is:

Edwards’s at 8pm followed by some dodgy dive like The Drink (hey don’t ask me, I don’t normally get out in Guildford but I have been promised cheesy music and a rocking good time). Then there’s time for a kebab and continue the party back at mine for those who can take the pace! (Hmm, not sure that includes me [|)])

If you’d like the view the spectacle of a drunken crowd of teachers (even if for one drink only), then I’d love to see you! If not, stay at home with yer pipe and moccasins [:p]

If you need directions to mine, Edwards’ or any other details let me know. See you there!
#112739 by Littlejohn
19 Apr 2006, 17:36
A kind invitation. I unfortunately will not be able to make it as I will be away. However make sure you have a total binge.

As to a Whoop of drunken teachers (Decker, is the collective noun whoop, or is it flange - I think flange is for baboons? Maybe it's a common room of teacher, or perhaps an enlightenment of teachers) I have seen that before - 0855 assembly!
#112747 by RichardMannion
19 Apr 2006, 18:26
We would have been interested but Sarah and I are off to the Ferrari Owners Club Spring Ball on Saturday, and then onto the PFA Player of the Year awards on Sunday for me! [8D]

Thanks,
Richard
#112751 by GatorBaiter
19 Apr 2006, 18:39
So, you mean you're not going to give up some flash ball for supercar owners, for the sticky-carpeted student hang-outs of glorious Guildford? Honestly Richard, I am disappointed in you! [:p]
#112755 by pegitt
19 Apr 2006, 18:55
Ah would love to come but off to Vegas tomorrow for my birthday also tomorow [y]
#112763 by DragonLady
19 Apr 2006, 19:28
Sorry Jacq -no can do (bit far).Glad to hear there are still plenty of dodgy dives in Guildford (like there were when it was my stomping ground circa 1983-1988).Pace yourself (or is this gentle pre-season training for the River Boat shuffle??) It's a jungle out there!Have a great night.
#112766 by preiffer
19 Apr 2006, 19:31
Originally posted by RichardMannion
We would have been interested but Sarah and I are off to the Ferrari Owners Club Spring Ball on Saturday, and then onto the PFA Player of the Year awards on Sunday for me! [8D]
Gate-crashing TWO parties in one weekend, Richard?

That's a challenge... [:p]
#112783 by ChuckC
19 Apr 2006, 20:18
Have a great one, Jacq!

Chuck-
#112786 by RichardMannion
19 Apr 2006, 20:39
Originally posted by preiffer
Originally posted by RichardMannion
Gate-crashing TWO parties in one weekend, Richard?

That's a challenge... [:p]

I know, fortunately have paper invites for both! Been to both for the last couple of years an always good fun.

Thanks,
Richard
#112797 by Bazz
19 Apr 2006, 21:38
Yeah... we've met your type before Richard, you would go to the opening of an envelope... [:p][}:)];)
#112806 by iforres1
19 Apr 2006, 21:48
Going to have to give it a miss Jacq unless someone is kind enough to lend me their learjet.

Have a great night or two out.

Already one for you on the slate for the boat trip.

Iain
#112836 by Richard28
19 Apr 2006, 23:24
Have other beer arrangements this weekend I'm afraid - but make sure you have an excellent time - and post some embarrasing piccies on v-flyer!

Happy Birthday [y] !!
#112857 by GatorBaiter
20 Apr 2006, 00:01
Embarrassing pics? I can't imagine there will be any...what on earth do you think us teachers will be getting up to?!! [:0];)

We are respected members of the community*

* applies between 8.55am and 3.15pm 39 weeks per year excluding bank holidays [}:)]
#112860 by mcuth
20 Apr 2006, 00:09
Sorry I can't make it either - prior arrangements I'm afraid. Hanging out in dives sounds just like my type of night too (seriously!). Hope you have a great time though [y]

Cheers

Michael
#112872 by Jonathan
20 Apr 2006, 00:52
hmm tempted - I'll PM you with a few questions!!
#112873 by Scrooge
20 Apr 2006, 01:28
Why oh why do I always get told about a bar crawl 3 days before..give me a couple of weeks/months..ok maybe a year notice and I may* be able to make it...

* means i'll say I may be able to make it,but let's face it..unless it's west coast USA the chances are slim to none...
#113546 by iforres1
22 Apr 2006, 10:36
Happy Birthday Jacq and have plenty of drinkies tonight. Full DR (Drink report) expected if you can remember.

Iain
#113549 by Jonathan
22 Apr 2006, 10:49
I'll be attending too Iain!! However I promised Jacq I wouldn't say anything too embarrassing as long as she extends me the same curtousy!!
#113561 by jaguarpig
22 Apr 2006, 11:57
Have a good time everyone,no[:$]or[|)]:D
#113583 by Bazz
22 Apr 2006, 15:39
Happy Birthday Jacq - you know what they say, "Be Good, if you can't be good, be careful... etc.," Have a great time tonight! [^] and don't get too [:$]
#113587 by GatorBaiter
22 Apr 2006, 15:53
Thanks guys n gals for all your well wishes and warnings not to get too [:$] Well only a few more hours of being 28 to enjoy!

It's a shame more of you weren't able to make it with your jetset lifestyles, but [y] to Jonathan for his superb effort. The poor bloke has never met me [:0] or the crazy women I work with (all female school including the caretaker, not a shot of testosterone in sight so you can imagine what it's like to be unleashed on a bar full of menfolk [}:)]).

I promise to make it my mission to get lashed, trollied and utterly rip-roaring drunk (that's half a glass of white and we're there then [:I] - cheap date [y]), with possible photographic evidence and full TR to follow. Now is it to be the gator skin boots and matching handbag combo, or just the gator tooth necklace? [:?]
#113606 by catsilversword
22 Apr 2006, 17:28
I promise to make it my mission to get lashed, trollied and utterly rip-roaring drunk (that's half a glass of white and we're there then [:I] - cheap date [y]), with possible photographic evidence and full TR to follow. Now is it to be the gator skin boots and matching handbag combo, or just the gator tooth necklace? [:?]

Nah, large it and go for the leopard skin co-ordinated look. Cos you may be totally unco-ordinated by the end of the night [}:)]

Happy birthday!
#113630 by RedVee
22 Apr 2006, 19:35
Happy Birthday Jacq - remember school's back on Monday!

Regards

Pat
#113707 by GatorBaiter
23 Apr 2006, 10:21
Not even a glimmer of a headache :D:D:D

Was up at 6.15am opening cards - too excited to sleep [ii]

Full TR to follow but one of the highlights has to be having been asked for ID getting into the bar and the club. Get in there, young Gator Baiter! ;)
Virgin Atlantic