A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#13453 by mcmbenjamin
16 Jun 2006, 16:33
Hello fellow VF Reds :) (Well we should come up with a catchy name, with a bunch of runners we have, suggestions?)

Come run the Inaugural NYC Half-Marathon. Registeration begins on June 21 at 12 EDT (so June 21 at 5:00 PM UK). This is the first running of the New York Half Marathon so come out and make historic!

Course Map (PDF)
Race Info
#123215 by preiffer
18 Jun 2006, 01:45
FINE - put me up for it Ben. (You'd BETTER be there.... [:?])
#123220 by mcmbenjamin
18 Jun 2006, 02:47
Originally posted by preiffer
FINE - put me up for it Ben. (You'd BETTER be there.... [:?])

Glad to hear. :D See you in New York Paul.

Sure I'll be there. I failed to mention in my other post that the race itself is August 27 at 7AM.
#123223 by preiffer
18 Jun 2006, 02:48
Bugger. Another STUPIDLY early start.

I'll need to sort out flights.

Have you registered already? Do I need to?
#123226 by mcmbenjamin
18 Jun 2006, 03:19
Originally posted by preiffer

Have you registered already? Do I need to?

Naww, registration starts Jume 21. Would be happy submit your application on your behalf.
Applications will be processed online on a first come, first served basis beginning at noon EDT on Wednesday, June 21. Participants must be at least 12 years old on race day.

I booked the Millenium Hilton as it is sorta near the finish line and the trains to Newark. I will get in a few days before the race but will have to leave late Sunday after the race as school/work start up on Monday.

You are welcome to fly into Dulles and I'll give you the proper Washington tour. Also would give you a chance you fly JetBlue if you have not.
#123227 by preiffer
18 Jun 2006, 03:22
Ah, near the FINISH line sounds like you've used some learning from the B2B, Ben!!! [y]

Seriously, that'd work, and I've not done JetBlue before either. [:?]
#123277 by VS-EWR
18 Jun 2006, 15:02
Hmmm...this might be one thing I can easily get to. However the running part is another story. :D
#123315 by VS-EWR
18 Jun 2006, 19:32
It looks like all participants have to pick up their numbers and such before the race day. Hopefully that won't be a problem for anyone.
#123839 by mcmbenjamin
21 Jun 2006, 15:12
Originally posted by VS-EWR
It looks like all participants have to pick up their numbers and such before the race day. Hopefully that won't be a problem for anyone.

Thanks Nick. I think that is due the fact the race (I assume) will use the ChampionChip that gives a much closer elsaped time of a runner.

Well today is the forst day of summer and the day the you need to registar if you decide to. Starts at 5PM UK time...Links above.

I am all set. See you all (hopefully) on the start line!
#125523 by VS-EWR
02 Jul 2006, 16:54
Just in case you didn't see my message in this thread I will actually be in England when this race occurs, so you'll have to count me out of this one also. Sorry.
Virgin Atlantic