A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#14130 by Bazz
28 Jul 2006, 13:11
Hi Guys,

I thought I would start off this new thread to keep the pre-event post separate from the discussions of the event itself.

We have a great turn out this year so look forward to reading some fun tales over the next few days :D

Barry
#129677 by ChuckC
30 Jul 2006, 09:47
Here it is 845 in the morning on Sunday and no one has posted an event report? How perfectly odd. Actually the smart folks are still in bed; it's just the kooky Americans Chuckc and Slink who are fighting the need for sleep. We're sat in the Clubhouse just now; Tim has rejoiced in that he snagged an upgrade to Upper. I'm afraid I've created a bit of a problem, haven't I, with Tim and his newfound love for the "pointy bit".

Seriously both of us wish to thank everyone once again for your always warm hospitality and friendship. RBSIII was a great success, a wonderful evening not soon forgotten. Special thanks to Bazz for all the arrangements which worked perfectly; to Nick, for setting up the raffle; to all the "wives" for bringing an element of class and refinement to an otherwise raucous engagement. Also many thanks for your warm welcome to my nephew who thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone.

Fond regards until we see one another again.

Chuck-
#129679 by Nottingham Nick
30 Jul 2006, 10:02
Chuck - I have now ulocked it, so that people can post. [8D]:D

I will post more later, but many, many thanks to all who contributed to another great evening. Surprise of the night being the appearance of jetwet1 - all the way from Vegas.

Chuck, Tim and Iain also making the long trek to get to Maidenhead.

Thanks to Barry for his organisational skills, once again. [y][y]

Great to see old faces and lots of new ones. Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as we did.

Thanks to everyone for your generosity with the raffle tickets. The princely sum of £130 was raised, all of which will go to the site.

Nick
#129680 by MarkJ
30 Jul 2006, 10:17
What a great night!!:D:D:D

A big thank you to Bazz for organising the whole thing Ð well done mate[y] Ð have you got RBS 2007 on the booking list yet??

For anyone who uses V-flyer I would thoroughly recommend coming along to a social do Ð meeting the people you exchange posts with and chat with is an excellent experience and we all had a great night cruising the Thames and chatting in the hotel bar and on the terrace.

For those who were there Ð well you know what happened Ð for those who werenÕt Ð people arrived at various times through the afternoon and we all assembled at 730ish on the hotel terrace to walk down to ÒPink ChampagneÓ which was to be our floating bar, buffet and entertainment for the evening. The boat then set off down the Thames from Maidenhead to Windsor passing some lovely houses including the QueenÕs pied a terre which is apparently a Castle!!![:I]

As LHR was sending its metal out over our way some tried a bit of plane spotting Ð but there was a little too much cloud to get a good view Ð tsk!! All the great weather weÕve had and on this night its cloudy Ð we did have a little drizzle on a couple of occasions[:(!] but nothing to stop us staying out on deck to enjoy the evening.[:p]

Nick ran an excellent raffle but it seemed that only v-flyer directors and mods won Ð Sarah ( highflyer), who was drawing the tickets even pulled out one for Richard Ð cries of ÒfixÓ were heard far and wide!!![:w][:w]

DonÕt think we lost anyone overboard and we all made good use ( some more than others) of the bar and buffet!!!

Arrived back at the hotel at around 1130 and settled into the hotel bar and terrace area where GatorBaiter kept us thoroughly entertained with some plastic bottle rockets Ð the ÒpumpingÓ by certain v-flyer directors left a lot to be desired and I think a couple of drivers were shocked as they went past the hotel and saw plastic missiles falling out the sky!!!

A good time was had by all and it was great to see Chuck and Dave ( jetwet) who made the long trip over from the US!! In fact it was good to meet with everyone!!!

Roll on 2007 Ð do we have to wait until its 335 days away before we can make our reservation???

Top night!![^][^][^]
#129681 by Wolves27
30 Jul 2006, 10:30
Hello All

Once again it was another great meet. I'm still shocked that along with Jonathon, Airbus, Fozzyo and Mrs D we were the last people to drift upstairs, sometime around 3am.

As usual a big thanks to Bazz, Nick, Pete et al for taking the time to organise us lot. As ever its always really appreciated.

Thanks to the V-Flyers from afar for making the schlep over here (nice surprise Dave!)

Before this starts sounding like an oscar speech I guess I better get ready for breakfast before its all gone. Great to see all the old faces and meet all the new ones.....as with every trip we seem to get a few more new attendees [y][y]

Now, why does my mouth taste off southern fried chicken..:D

[:p]Dean[:p]

ps. the hotel did great measures of port...[y]
#129682 by preiffer
30 Jul 2006, 10:50
I've a) just woken up, and b) just remembered why I can taste chicken. Thanks Dean [y]

Now, who the hell bought that?
#129683 by MarkJ
30 Jul 2006, 11:02
Phil knows some dodgy Southern fried Chicken joint in Maidenhead and he Jacq and Jason did the biz!! Good effort for 2 in the morning!![y]

I thought it was breakfast??[:I]
#129684 by buns
30 Jul 2006, 11:29
Mrs Buns & I would like to add our thanks to Bazz for the superb evening and Nick for doing the raffle[^][^][^]

It was great to meet up with old faces and refreshing to meet new ones too and this made for an excellent evening all round.

Looks like we left a little early though;):

Phil knows some dodgy Southern fried Chicken joint in Maidenhead and he Jacq and Jason did the biz!! Good effort for 2 in the morning!!

I did think the chap who was laying up so many places for breakfast was being a little ambitious though[:w][:w]

Til we meet again

buns
#129686 by preiffer
30 Jul 2006, 11:38
Nah - we all made it, Andy.

Phil and I finished the breakfast off, even (Sorry Richard.. [:w])
#129687 by buns
30 Jul 2006, 11:44
Originally posted by preiffer
Nah - we all made it, Andy.

Phil and I finished the breakfast off, even (Sorry Richard.. [:w])

I hope some was left for Michael - you know how crusty he can be if he does not get his brekkie[}:)]

To all those who lasted the course through to the early hours, have a great day and I salute your stamina[y][y]

buns
#129690 by Decker
30 Jul 2006, 12:28
A top night - thanks to all for being such charming company!
#129697 by mcuth
30 Jul 2006, 13:03
Mental mental - (fried) chicken oriental!

Another cracking social - great to see faces old & new [y]
Brilliant to see our ex-pat & foreign contingent making such a top effort to get to sunny Maidenhead - and Dave, what a nice surprise to see you mate - hope the jetlag was worth it :D

Thanks to everyone for an evening & early morning of delightful company once again - but special thanks have to go to Barry for organising the bash, Nick for the raffle (I love my fridge magnets :D), Chuck for the hats (I think I still owe you a Baileys mate), Jacq for the rockets display, Jacq/Jason/Phil for shouting the early morning fried chicken, and the Thames Hotel/residents of Maidenhead for letting us come back for the 3rd year :D

Now safely back home in Swindon, think I might go have a nap....;)

Cheers

Michael
#129698 by Littlejohn
30 Jul 2006, 13:29
As decker said (twice - good grief some people just seem to find it sooo difficult to post properly ;)) great company and masterfully organised. I do have some question though:
a) Who ate my chicken?
b) Did one of the rockets hit Sarah?
c) Has Michael perfected his tripple toe flip yet?

By way of a small personal celebration my I just say vera incessu patuit dea.
#129709 by Mavrick
30 Jul 2006, 15:35
Great night woke up at 11am with a very sore head but hey it was worth it.[:I] [:I]

A big thank you to Bazz for organising a wonderful social events.[y] [^] [^]

Thank you to each and everyone for making me feel welcome I really appreciate it and a real pleasure to finally meet you all.[^] [^]

Mr and Ms Dragonlady, MarkJ, Airbus, Richard M,thank you all for the great coversation. TonyT it was a real pleasure talking construction with a old school connoisseur thank you.[^] [^]

Phil thank you for the fried chicken. [y] [y]

And as I've said I can arrange a few visitors pass for anyone who want to have a look around T5. :)
#129710 by preiffer
30 Jul 2006, 15:45
Ah - so THAT'S where the mug came from?! [y]
#129713 by Decker
30 Jul 2006, 15:58
Way way way beyond me... :). Truth, goddess, attacking or longstanding .... and it's not allowing me to delete - let me try again ;).
#129741 by Nottingham Nick
30 Jul 2006, 17:37

I knew someone would be looking after it for me. [8D][}:)]
#129747 by MarkJ
30 Jul 2006, 18:04
Originally posted by Nottingham Nick

I knew someone would be looking after it for me. [8D][}:)]

Errm - can someone explain or have I just not fully recovered from the alcoholic haze?????

Mug?[?][?][?]
#129749 by Littlejohn
30 Jul 2006, 18:15
Mug (muug)(syn. beaker, cup)- a vessel used for drinking. Consists of a cylindrical section which holds the liquid refreshment, and an "D" shaped handle. Also informal -The human face esp. the area of the mouth, chin, and jaw, a grimace. Am slang - thug; a hoodlum. Br Slang- - A victim or dupe.

Hopefully this has helped Mark. Perhaps you need a little lie down?
#129755 by preiffer
30 Jul 2006, 19:31
... actually - Although I may have been one of the last to see it, I don't *actually* have it [:0][:I]
#129761 by Nottingham Nick
30 Jul 2006, 20:23
... actually - Although I may have been one of the last to see it, I don't *actually* have it [:0][:I]

And I suppose you will blame Phil?..... again[:I][8D]
Bowling, anyone?
#129762 by MarkJ
30 Jul 2006, 20:26
Originally posted by sailor99
Mug (muug)(syn. beaker, cup)- a vessel used for drinking. Consists of a cylindrical section which holds the liquid refreshment, and an "D" shaped handle. Also informal -The human face esp. the area of the mouth, chin, and jaw, a grimace. Am slang - thug; a hoodlum. Br Slang- - A victim or dupe.

Hopefully this has helped Mark. Perhaps you need a little lie down?

Oh I see?[:?][:(!][:(!]

Had a lie down thanks!![|)]
#129764 by pegitt
30 Jul 2006, 20:31
Originally posted by Nottingham Nick

And I suppose you will blame Phil?..... again[:I][8D]
Bowling, anyone?

Not me guv i don't know what you on about[:w]
#129765 by JAT74L
30 Jul 2006, 20:37
Greetings from the V-F "No show King!"

This has got to be the most expensive weekend I've NOT been to seeing as I originally booked non-ref tickets on bmi for the three of us AND a pre paid rate Hertz car AND didn't cancel the hotel room in time. [B)][B)][B)]

Glad you all had a breeze - where are the photos?

Regards

John
#129766 by MarkJ
30 Jul 2006, 20:43
Originally posted by JAT74L

Glad you all had a breeze - where are the photos?

Indeed - I saw various people flashing away?

Mind you with the site being a tad slow at the mo I dont think I woudl want to start on a photo upload session!! Eeek!![:?]
Virgin Atlantic