A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#129768 by airbus
30 Jul 2006, 21:32
Hi all

Great time as always, meet some new faces
meet two nice women :Dnot from our group
but hopefully they soon will be.
Ok the truth is Jonathan and me met the women.
Not every one made it to breakfast Jonathan had last minute change of plans with a hostail but you will be glad to know he is now back home.
Hope to see you again soon
ps Have pics of the RBS3 will put on soon

John (airbus)
#129770 by honey lamb
30 Jul 2006, 21:56
Originally posted by ChuckC
Here it is 845 in the morning on Sunday and no one has posted an event report? How perfectly odd. Actually the smart folks are still in bed; it's just the kooky Americans Chuckc and Slink who are fighting the need for sleep. We're sat in the Clubhouse just now;
Chuck-

Aaaaargh! So near and yet so far! We were in T3 - Revivals to be exact from about 5:45am till 7:45am when we wended our way to T1. [:#] It would have been so easy to meet if only for five minutes - after all I wouldn't have wanted to cut into your Clubhouse time
#129773 by Mavrick
30 Jul 2006, 22:17
Originally posted by airbus

Not every one made it to breakfast Jonathan had last minute change of plans with a hostail but you will be glad to know he is now back home.

Airbus glad to know he is OK. [y] [y]
#129775 by buns
30 Jul 2006, 22:21
Maverick

Thanks for the pics[y][y] It certainly comes across that the evening was very restrained;)

Jonathan
hope all is OK

buns
#129781 by Scrooge
30 Jul 2006, 23:51
Hi everyone,im back in the US now.

I would like to thank everyone for the warm welcomes I got,plus f course the "what the hell are you doing here !"

It was truly great to see you all again.

Im sorry for my early bedtime,just before the end of the boat trip I started getting a migraine,5 mins after I made it up stairs I had my head down the toilet pucking my guts up...lovly image I know.

So my heart felt thanks to the person that insisted on sticking a camera in my face every 2 sec's and blinding me with the flash [:(!],I meant every word I said.

To everyone else it was great seeing you all again,to those heading out in 3 weeks see you soon.

Paul,im sorry I didnt get to sit down and chat,next month.

Mike,I hope your happy following your heart and im sure I speak for us all when I say we cannot wait for the pictures of you on skates [^]
#129786 by onionz
31 Jul 2006, 00:21
Hello guys. Thanks for another great boat trip, always nice to see new faces.

Guess what? I have the T5 mug right here! Mmmm...this coffee tastes great :).

Just kidding Nick, it's still pristine, no chicken in it or anything else objectionable. I'll be happy to get the mug to you by whatever means - post etc..?
#129789 by mcuth
31 Jul 2006, 01:27
Glad you made it home safe Dave - sorry to hear about the migraine [:(!][:(!]

Originally posted by jetwet1
Mike,I hope your happy following your heart and im sure I speak for us all when I say we cannot wait for the pictures of you on skates [^]

You know, there's a smiley that I really wish we had on here (a slight variation of this one: [y]) - unfortunately, we're family friendly, so I'll have to reserve my accurate response for next time I see you in person [:p]

;):D:D

Cheers

Michael
#129822 by HighFlyer
31 Jul 2006, 10:36
Hi Guys

I can only add to what has been said already! It was great to meet up with everyone, both old faces and new!

Huge thanks to Barry for organising such a splendid evening, to Nick for the Raffle ... and to Dean for the lovely selection of Birthday cards that we now have at home thanks to said raffle .. to Dave for surprising us all and making an appearence (was good to see you!) ... to Jason/Jacq/Phil for providing the Fried Chicken and Chips at 2am - stars!! .. and to everybody who attended and made it such a fun evening!

Thanks,
Sarah
#129823 by fozzyo
31 Jul 2006, 10:41
I was tempted to make a post at 3am when we got to bed, but the idea of sleep got the better of me.

Would just like to echo everyones thankyous to all those involved in organising - you did a fantastic job, it was much appreciated. This was our first RBS and we had a great time as we always do at V-F socials, thanks to everyone there. Sorry I didn't get to chat with everyone, but hopefully will catch up with those I missed at the next one.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon!
#129835 by Scrooge
31 Jul 2006, 15:55
BTW we will be over next year for the next one.
#129843 by Littlejohn
31 Jul 2006, 19:38
Who said anything about it taking a year for the next one?
#129844 by MarkJ
31 Jul 2006, 19:40
Originally posted by sailor99
Who said anything about it taking a year for the next one?

Good thinking that man!![y][y][y]

How about something in the Midlands so that everyone North and South can get to it easily?????
#129847 by Littlejohn
31 Jul 2006, 19:47
Originally posted by MarkJ
How about something in the Midlands

Where is that, and do they have an airport there? What's the food like?
#129852 by DragonLady
31 Jul 2006, 20:19
Thank you all for a great evening and for making us feel welcome.
#129853 by Nottingham Nick
31 Jul 2006, 20:21

Ooooh! How quickly we forget our roots. [V][:w][}:)]
#129855 by iforres1
31 Jul 2006, 20:29
Thanks to Bazz et all for organising such a splendid night. Great to see everyone again and even better to meet new faces.

Can't wait for the next one.

Thanx to PIX for pre warning Mrs F about the next vegas trip[B)]

Iain
#129857 by preiffer
31 Jul 2006, 20:31
Umm... Isn't Maidenhead the Midlands??? [:p]
#129860 by MarkJ
31 Jul 2006, 20:39
Originally posted by Nottingham Nick

Ooooh! How quickly we forget our roots. [V][:w][}:)]

Come on Nick a good night in Mansfield Town centre followed by a whippet and chips has got to be a good idea - tha knows!!![:I]

And I guess Oxford is the capital city of Iceland then Paul???

And yes Jeremy we even have electricty up here now - I just need to get the donkey to run faster on the treadmill to send this post!!!![ii][ii][ii]
#129861 by Littlejohn
31 Jul 2006, 20:40
Originally posted by preiffer
Umm... Isn't Maidenhead the Midlands??? [:p]

Oh right, that's where we were.

Now I understand it: The Queen has a northern palace in Balmoral, a southern palace in London, an eastern Palace at Sandringham and a midlands palace at Windsor. Now it all becomes clear. Where is the western palace - Rhyl?
#129942 by Bazz
01 Aug 2006, 10:17
Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for coming and making the event a great success, thank you for your kind comments but seeing you all enjoying yourselves is reward enough for me!

It was good to see some new faces there this year; GaitorBaitor, Wolves and Fozzy, DragonLady and Mr DragonLady, MarkJ, Mavrick, and Slink and Chuck (from NY and LA (via Memphis ;)) respectively). Great to see Jetwet1 there too all the way from LAS which was a great surprise to most. And although it was not their first time, thank you to Iforres1 and Mrs Iforres1 making up the last of our overseas contingent.

JAT74L sorry you couldn't make it and that the (non)event cost you so much. There were two of the caps put aside for you but I am not sure who eventually took charge of them, perhaps they would post to this thread so we may get them to you.

We will be holding the event again next year and it looks like I will need to negotiate rates with two hotels as we wil need even more rooms.

Thanks again to all of you for coming and to those of you who didn't, there is always next year :D

Barry.
#130208 by catsilversword
02 Aug 2006, 06:50
And did you all wear stickers with your names on?

And how about return addresses? Luggage tags, perhaps???[}:)]
#130217 by MarkJ
02 Aug 2006, 08:36
Originally posted by catsilversword
And did you all wear stickers with your names on?

And how about return addresses? Luggage tags, perhaps???[}:)]

Nah - we just had our names tatooed on our foreheads!!
#130230 by mike-smashing
02 Aug 2006, 09:40
Sorry I didn't make it guys, but it looks like another top-notch V-F event...

But, I still managed to have fun... while you were going up and down the Thames, I was sat in an Austrian beer tent getting thoroughly drunk and dancing on the tables... [8D]

I'll try to come next year, but, if it's the last Saturday in July again, then it's difficult, as that's the regular hill-walking and drinking session in Austria!

Cheers!
Mike
Virgin Atlantic