A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#14401 by RedVee
10 Aug 2006, 22:48
There appear to be at least 5 V-Flyer members confirmed or thinking about an Easter break in Dubai next year - Tallprawn, David Doyle, me, vegascrazy and Iain (F). Seems to have the makings of a mini v-f social and Iain is a veteran of this from last year so could give us good advice. 11 people including partners and children as far as I can tell. Is it worth trying to organise a get together and any chance of more v-flyers joining us?

Regards

Pat

Ps - by way of enticement[}:)] - a weekend L departing on 1/4 is just under £400, and there seems to be good G availablilty. A Z is around £1200 and J at about £2500 - pehaps a good way to use that companion ticket as J only slightly more expensive than 2 x Z but including 4 CDCs? Hotels are quite expensive though.[:?]
#132167 by mcuth
10 Aug 2006, 23:16
I really have no chance of making it to this - at best, I'll be just back from my annual conference in Salt Lake City....

(and hey, don't you owe us a SoCal Trip Report? ;))

Cheers

Michael
#132211 by mcmbenjamin
11 Aug 2006, 02:59
The Friday brunch at the Burj was tight but too upscale for me. And the waffles were dry. Whats up with that?

If I maybe as so bold as to suggest a location it would be Villa Beach. It is a Jumeirah Beach Hotel restaurant. Perfect views of the Burj al Arab. The best part it that the restaurant over looks the part of the beach that is reserved for Burj guest only so there are not too many people. The food was great plus the staff were great to talk to especially as the Isreali/Lebanon conflict began the night before. They had a great garlic bread/butter thing.

After I ate I went to Wadi Widi then skiing at Ski Dubai. Funny, I flew from the USA to go snow skiing and go to a water park. Hmmmm; no logical but I had a great time.
#132225 by Mavrick
11 Aug 2006, 06:14
Pat, you just had me running for my diary :D sounds like a good plan if there will be a few people dinner would be good, I might take Mrs Mavrick, for a few days. :)
#132257 by David_Doyle
11 Aug 2006, 11:09
Pat,

Sounds great, I'd definitely be up for a meet.

I'm making use of my companion ticket for now, but booked at a time when a Z was around £2100 and the J was £2500. Considering the hotel costs [xx(] it's unfortunately not a cheap break, but as you say there seems to be good reward availability at the moment to lighten the load.

Thanks,

David.
#162171 by David_Doyle
02 Mar 2007, 12:09
Hiya,

Has been a while since the last thread so as we're getting nearer the time I thought I'd see what people's thoughts are for this.

Myself and Adrian are flying out on the VS400 on the 4th April. We'll be in the Clubhouse around 6.00pm-ish that day. We're staying at the Royal Mirage and coming back on the VS401 on the 10th.

We're meeting friends there but would be interested in a Clubhouse meet or whilst in Dubai.

Thanks,

David.
#162173 by tallprawn
02 Mar 2007, 12:34
Hi All,

I'm not staying in Dubai unfortunately. I will be travelling to Ruwais which is a couple of hours the other side of Abu Dhabi towards Qatar/Bahrain.

If I wasn't lured by the delights of VS I would be flying to Abu Dhabi with Etihad....[:p]

Sorry all but you will need to count me out of this one....[:I]
#162187 by Vegascrazy
02 Mar 2007, 17:50
Steve & I originally looked at Easter in Dubai but the hotel prices were sky high, so we're off there on 19th April instead :)
#162191 by RedVee
02 Mar 2007, 18:20
As it looks like just David and Adrian and me and the Daught I've sent a PM to David - we're in the same hotel! If anyone else is going to be there I suggest you PM me and I'll let you know the arrangements - more likely a chance to say hello rather than a "social".

Regards

Pat
Virgin Atlantic