A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#138121 by ChuckC
09 Sep 2006, 17:13
Please, my fellow V-Flyers, please make certain there is at least one picture of Paul in whatever outfit he shows up in ...:D

Chuck-
#138132 by Scrooge
09 Sep 2006, 19:16
Originally posted by ChuckC
Please, my fellow V-Flyers, please make certain there is at least one picture of Paul in whatever outfit he shows up in ...:D

Chuck-

Oh hell let's just do an album,I have a few pic's from last week's trip.
The "good" one's of course will not be posted,unless some miles get placed into my account :D
#138155 by preiffer
10 Sep 2006, 05:30
Ouch.

Just got back to my room.
#138157 by honey lamb
10 Sep 2006, 09:11
Originally posted by preiffer
Ouch.

Just got back to my room.

So where's the report then? [V] You've had three and a half hours to report and it should be up right now...

.....unless it is so detailed you are still typing it.

[chuntering]Young people today! Don't know their duty! In my day we would have had the report posted complete with pics before we went to bed. No stamina, that's their problem. [/chuntering]
#138169 by preiffer
10 Sep 2006, 10:57
UNFORTUNATELY, Pete has all the pics, HL... [:I]
#138170 by honey lamb
10 Sep 2006, 11:15
UNFORTUNATELY, Pete has all the pics, HL... [:I]

Excuses! Excuses! There I was, minding the board while you were out enjoying yourselves and this is the thanks I get. Hmmph!
#138177 by preiffer
10 Sep 2006, 12:12
Well, the clan have started drifting home from the hotel - so I'm sure the stories will follow shortly.

Only one disappointment for me in the evening - they seemed to reward little oiks with free trips to sunny places...

(Or at least one little oik [:w])
#138183 by Neil
10 Sep 2006, 13:10
I'm with HL on this, very disapointed no reports/gossip yet[V]. Paul, you were obviosuly online at 4:30am, why not type up your report then, I imagine you were slightly intoxicated which would of no doubt meant a rather interesting report ;)

Anyways hope everybody had a good time[y]

Neil:)
#138187 by buns
10 Sep 2006, 14:18
Well to put certain minds at rest, here is the starter for 10:

Mitcha, Mrs buns and myself arrived at the Croydon Hilton at 1.30 on saturday afternoon and firmly established base camp in the bar. Shortly afterwards a somewhat jaded (from the night before) Preiffer joined us and before we knew where we were a whole flock of V-Flyers had assembled for pre-evening prep[}:)][}:)]

Gradually we all retired to our rooms to don suitable attire for the hazards ahead and I must say that young Paul turned out to be the most suitably attired when compared with the rest of the FVCs at the party[:w][:w].

The mini bus took us to the Addington Palace Marquee where we were greeted by belly dancers and "Del Boy". Thereafter a fantastic evening followed, starting with prizes of all inclusive holidays being handed to three lucky guests, "Tom Jones" providing an extensive rendition of many of his greatest hits and food and drink available all evening. There was a very nice area set aside with a ice carving of the Statue of Liberty from within which you were able to sample various vodkas - talking of Liberty, the most plentyful vodka turned out to be vanilla;)[}:)]:D;)

There was a disco, a live band and a belly dancing competition, followed by the raffle for which the star prize was two places on the inaugural flight to Mauritius[y][y] Unfortunately, V-flyers were not succesful in this respect[:#][:#]

The end of the evening came all too quickly and the mini bus arrived to take us back to the hotel were festivities continued in to the wee hours.

Grateful thanks to Sarah and her colleagues at Virgin Holidays for laying on a splendid evening and for particularly making V-Flyers so welcome[^][^][^]

I will leave others to fill in certain gaps / lapses in my memory

buns
#138190 by Mavrick
10 Sep 2006, 14:26
Originally posted by buns4vs

I must say that young Paul turned out to be the most suitably attired when compared with the rest of the FVCs at the party buns

[:0][:0][:0] Buns did you have your spectacles on ? :D

Thank you for the mini report Buns, sound like you all had a good time. [y] :)
#138195 by buns
10 Sep 2006, 14:50
Originally posted by mavrick

[:0][:0][:0] Buns did you have your spectacles on ? :D

Thank you for the mini report Buns, sound like you all had a good time. [y] :)

Trust me, Preiffer certainly did not look out place[y][y] Indeed, later on in the evening, we all followed his sartorial style.

Many thanks - once again this was a great V-Flyer get-together where it was great to meet up with good friends again .

buns
#138220 by Neil
10 Sep 2006, 17:19
Thanks for the update Buns[y], I take it your not much of a dancer then Paul?
#138221 by preiffer
10 Sep 2006, 17:26
I was up for a battle. Pete wimped out [:p]
#138222 by Neil
10 Sep 2006, 17:33
I was up for a battle. Pete wimped out [:p]

Sounds intriguing
#138225 by onionz
10 Sep 2006, 18:07
Tremendous! I think I was the person who took that! :)
#138226 by Nottingham Nick
10 Sep 2006, 18:22
A very enjoyable evening.

Excellent company, great food, too many drinks [:I] and lots of laughs.

The 'Rock the Casbah' theme and some of the 'live entertainment' may have been a bit below expectations, but it didn't detract from our enjoyment.

Thanks to all who made it such a great night. [oo][y]:D

Nick
#138227 by preiffer
10 Sep 2006, 18:26
So, was this the "WHY" or the "I" out of the word "Delila", Nick? [:p]
#138228 by Nottingham Nick
10 Sep 2006, 18:29
So, was this the "WHY" or the "I" out of the word "Delila", Nick? [:p]

It's Delilah, actually,[:o)] and sufficient lager had been consumed to cause very loud, and no doubt off key, singing (or shouting).. but I enjoyed it. [8D][:I];)
#138229 by preiffer
10 Sep 2006, 18:31
If you look closely - Jason's also at it in the background... [}:)][:w]
#138247 by David
10 Sep 2006, 20:08
Looks like you all enjoyed the evening, ... but how is Richard posting photos at 19.47, when it is only 19.07

10/09/2006 19:47:28
by: RichardMannion

I assume they were playing "The Time Warp" at the time - all together now - pelvic thrusts ;)

David
#138248 by Mavrick
10 Sep 2006, 20:10
Very nice pictures guys thank you. [y] :D
#138251 by Nottingham Nick
10 Sep 2006, 20:16
Originally posted by David
Looks like you all enjoyed the evening, ... but how is Richard posting photos at 19.47, when it is only 19.07

Can't blame Dr Frank-N-Furter for this one. ;)

IIRC it is because V-Flyer's infamous flakey server is in Germany, so when photos are uploaded to the site, the time is Central European - one hour in front.

Nick
#138252 by preiffer
10 Sep 2006, 20:16
Originally posted by David
Der Server ist in Deutschland, David.
Virgin Atlantic