A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#15783 by Bazz
21 Oct 2006, 16:59
Hi fellow V-Flyers.

It is that time of year again when we start to think of our Christmas get together.

Saturday January 27th, make sure it is in your diary!

After the success of the Bowling last year (well this year actually but you know what I mean) and Katzenjammer the previous year we thought we would combine the two!

This year we will be holding it in Maidenhead, 10 pin Bowling in the afternoon followed by an evening of entertainment and cheer led by the boys and their piano. You can come to either or both elements of the "do". We will also be organising a raffle (funds to aid V-Flyer) and hopefully Buns will do his Disco bit again!

The Thames Hotel Bridges Suite will be the evening venue - they are not charging us for the use of it! There is a fully stocked private bar in the suite including draught beers. There will be a finger buffet provided.

I have currently blocked off twenty assorted rooms and these are offered on the same price deal as they did for us for the RiverBoat Shuffle earlier this year! I will post these rates below. Please make your own arrangements with the hotel, (the rooms are blocked off under Barry).

The price we have agreed on is £30.00 per head to cover the Bands expenses, piano hire and the buffet. (You can send me the money via PayPal to [email protected] please include PayPal commission in the amount if appropriate or PM me if you want to pay by Bank Transfer and I will send you my bank details)

Buns has volunteered to organise the Bowling in the afternoon at the 26 lane Magnet Bowl (about 3/4 mile from the hotel). I will start a separate Topic for those of you wishing to take part in that so you can add your names in that thread please.

A turnout of between 40 and 50 would be great but the room can handle more if we need to.

Thames Hotel Rates:

Prices are as follows and are per room, per night. Further savings are available for those of you wanting to make a weekend of it:

...................................................27th.....2nd and/or 3rd night
Executive Room.............................£70.00..........£60.00
Triple (family) Room........................£70.00..........£65.00
Double room..................................£55.00..........£45.00
Single room...................................£40.00..........£35.00
Double room for single occupancy......£45.00..........£40.00

All prices include full English breakfast and VAT.

Telephone: 01628 628721, Fax: 01628 773921,
email: [email protected]

You can find their website here for those of you who want to have a nose around.

Attending are:

Pix (and Marcus (maybe))(paid)
Bazz & Birkin (paid)
RicharMannion and HighFlyer (paid)
Buns4vs and Mrs Buns
Nottingham Nick and Mrs Nick and Nick Jnr (paid)
Mitchja (paid)
sailor99 (paid)
mavrick (paid)
Wolves27 & Fozzyo (paid)
Mrs Decker (paid)
iforres1, Mrs iforres1 and little iforres1 (paid)
Vegascrazy & Steve (paid)
Motherger (paid)
MarkJ (paid)
ChuckC (trying hard to be here) (paid)
mcmbenjamin (paid)
Tony (maybe)

That makes 24 (+ 2 maybe's) + 3 Band.

Barry
#144369 by Littlejohn
21 Oct 2006, 17:21
Cool! You can put me down (no Oooh!Errr!Missus! comments please) Bazz
#144370 by Bazz
21 Oct 2006, 17:26
You are on da list! Glad you can make it.
#144413 by honey lamb
21 Oct 2006, 23:51
*Deep sigh*

You've done it again, haven't you? Arranged a social at a time I can't make it. OK, I get the message [:w]

Friday January 26th is the night of my formal retirement party. OK, so there will be an informal shindig in the conference room of the office where I am working on the day I retire, but that date is the biggie when the bosses all turn up and as I have worked in several areas across two counties it is the opportunity for others to attend - and many have indicated their intention to do so. In addition my retirement date is just one week ahead of Aer John's 18th birthday and although he has spoken of a joint party (my birthday is 5 days later) I don't want to rain on his parade. At the end of January I therefore intend to PARTY! Now if someone wants to come over and pour me onto a plane I might well make it but please have mercy on my liver! [:0]
#144426 by mike-smashing
22 Oct 2006, 03:24
Hi Bazz,

Put me down for one at the moment. Don't know if the gf will be in the UK that weekend.

Cheers,
Mike
#144430 by iforres1
22 Oct 2006, 10:03
I am sure a certain V-flyer (begins with B and ends with S)promised me that it would be the 3rd Feb and I have got my tickets booked for the 2nd (non ref). I'll think I will just cry now.

A depressed Iain
#144435 by Bazz
22 Oct 2006, 11:32
Mike I have added you to the list.

Sorry Christine and ever so sorry Iain, we had originally planned to hold it the following week on the 3rd Feb. Unfortunately there was a last minute problem with Katzenjammer and they could not make that date so some rapid rearranging had to take place. Iain I was not aware you had already booked your flights.
#144497 by iforres1
22 Oct 2006, 17:22
Charm mode needed for the BA ticket desk tomorrow. I'll see what I can do[ii]

Iain
#144502 by Mavrick
22 Oct 2006, 17:49
Bazz,Please add to the list thank you.[y] :)
#144510 by Bazz
22 Oct 2006, 18:42
Will do Peter. [y]
#144519 by Wolves27
22 Oct 2006, 20:23
Thanks for letting us know Barry, you can put Fozzyo and myself down. Will sort out funds asap.

Cheers!

Dean
#144620 by julianhayling
23 Oct 2006, 14:40
good afternoon,
is the event just for experienced v-flyers
or can anyone join in, i try to read the site
at least once a day and just think its great, and was thinking i would like to meet and join in
one of your v-flyer events/parties/binges/,
so may i put my name down please.
Julian
#144622 by Bazz
23 Oct 2006, 14:58
Hi Julian,

The social events that we organise are open to all Members of V-Flyer be them old or new!

You will be most welcome to join us and I am sure you will enjoy the "do". I will add you to the list. Don't forget if you want to take part in the bowling, you need to add yourself to that thread aswell.

Barry.
#144636 by mcmbenjamin
23 Oct 2006, 15:48
90 percent coming. Are there direct transport links with LHR and the hotel?
#144641 by Bazz
23 Oct 2006, 16:04
Hi Ben,

There is a LHR bus that picks up and drops off about 1/4 mile from the hotel, or someone may even be able to collect you depending on timing of your flight.

I will put you down as a maybe.
#144651 by fozzyo
23 Oct 2006, 16:54
Originally posted by mcmbenjamin
90 percent coming. Are there direct transport links with LHR and the hotel?

I'm sure they'll be plenty of people offering, but if you need a lift we'll be more then happy to swing by LHR - we'll probably be in Slough the night before so practically next door.
#144652 by Francesca
23 Oct 2006, 16:55
Can you put me down as a maybe as well please?

Decker will not be able to make it, but I might.
#144656 by Bazz
23 Oct 2006, 17:12
Okay Francesca, you are down as a maybe. It will be great if you can both make it but I know the timing is not the best for Decker.
#144662 by Littlejohn
23 Oct 2006, 17:32
Originally posted by Mrs Decker
Decker will not be able to make it, but I might.
Shame - I was going to show Decker my lego.
#144664 by HighFlyer
23 Oct 2006, 17:46
Originally posted by sailor99
Shame - I was going to show Decker my lego.

I bet Francesca would like to see it ... :)

Thanks,
Sarah
#144667 by Littlejohn
23 Oct 2006, 17:51
Originally posted by HighFlyer

I bet Francesca would like to see it ... :)

Bet she would. But remember I am (what's the PC word) resting at the moment. So that would be twenty quid please ladies.[:w]
#144676 by mcmbenjamin
23 Oct 2006, 18:22
Originally posted by Bazz
Hi Ben,

There is a LHR bus that picks up and drops off about 1/4 mile from the hotel, or someone may even be able to collect you depending on timing og your flight.

I will put you down as a maybe.

Excellent! I shall be there then. Now VS or the cheaper UA...

Originally posted by fozzyo

I'm sure they'll be plenty of people offering, but if you need a lift we'll be more then happy to swing by LHR - we'll probably be in Slough the night before so practically next door.

May just take you up on that :)
#144766 by iforres1
24 Oct 2006, 12:38
Originally posted by iforres1

Iain

BA certainly know how to charge for change of ticket AND the re issue of new ones. 6 tickets to be changed Total Û340[:0]
Managed to get them to drop the re issue charge so another Û200 to pay,saving Û140. What the hell, we want to come to the party.

Bazz please can you add Irina, myself and Daniel to the list. Hopefully he will be in bed by 9pm[:p]
#144809 by buns
24 Oct 2006, 20:50

Iain

BA certainly know how to charge for change of ticket AND the re issue of new ones. 6 tickets to be changed Total Û340[:0]
Managed to get them to drop the re issue charge so another Û200 to pay,saving Û140. What the hell, we want to come to the party.

Bazz please can you add Irina, myself and Daniel to the list. Hopefully he will be in bed by 9pm[:p]

As this was down to me, looks like [:I][:I]I might have a hefty drinks bill for the weekend[:w][:w]

glad you were able to re-arrange it

buns
#144879 by iforres1
25 Oct 2006, 11:45
Top man Buns,[y];)

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone again. Can't believe it is nearly a year ago we were nearlly off to Vegas.

Iain
Virgin Atlantic