A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#15827 by honey lamb
23 Oct 2006, 21:47
What's the latest, if anything? I feel a bit of a fraud doing nothing [ii]
#144706 by pegitt
23 Oct 2006, 22:08
I've got a meeting with the guy's on Wednesday to try and negotiate the Power boat's for the main day.

Btw went out on Sat over to the island and for those not so sea going people it was rough and the weather's not getting any better, Have we decided on a rough date yet?
#150028 by HighFlyer
04 Dec 2006, 13:54
Jeremy and Christine,

Just to let you both know, Phil has decided to leave V-Flyer, both as a moderator and as a member. He has not stated specific reasons, and may or may not be back, but for now i would assume that life goes on without him, including the V-Flyer Regatta. Obviously, this likely leaves us without his committee boat and his help and knowledge in the boating arena. Jeremy, can you help fill in the gaps with any of this?

Thanks,
Sarah
#150032 by honey lamb
04 Dec 2006, 14:28
Originally posted by HighFlyer
Jeremy and Christine,

Just to let you both know, Phil has decided to leave V-Flyer, both as a moderator and as a member. He has not stated specific reasons, and may or may not be back, but for now i would assume that life goes on without him, including the V-Flyer Regatta. Obviously, this likely leaves us without his committee boat and his help and knowledge in the boating arena. Jeremy, can you help fill in the gaps with any of this?

Thanks,
Sarah

Oh!

Another one jumping ship. Was it something we said? Well I'm still around even if I haven't a committee boat stuffed up my sleeve
#150243 by Littlejohn
05 Dec 2006, 20:03
I missed this thread, sorry. I was not aware of phil's retirement - silly boy.

Not having heard anything from our person at VS, I have put in calls yesterday and today. However nothing heard back again. I fear they may have cooled a little on the idea, which is a shame.

I will of course keep trying them to the point of making a pain in the arse of myself.
#153012 by honey lamb
03 Jan 2007, 14:04
Just bringing this to the top again.

Has the regatta sunk without trace or is Jeremy beavering away quietly in the background?
#161417 by Littlejohn
25 Feb 2007, 08:49
Yes, been quietly beavering away. But I am really sad to report with little success.

I was going to try and arrange an alternative sailing day for v-flyers. However with the riverboat do, Wolves and Foz's wedding celebrations, and my personal commitments. The diary looks pretty full up, remembering that the boats have a backstop day in June - they then go off to Liverpool and from there to the next race for 10 months or so.

I really don't see us getting this off the ground this year [n]. I think the problem is that the senior guys in VS passed it off to someone junior who didn't have the spunk to make it happen. So I am going to try and get a meeting with Steve thing-u-me-jig to try and get it back on the agenda for next year.

All watch this space
#161484 by Bazz
25 Feb 2007, 21:13
Thanks for the update Jeremy, I hope you can get it on the schedule for next year. Will Phil be interested/able to do something on the support boat side or will we need to look elsewhere for that?
Virgin Atlantic