A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#16694 by Nottingham Nick
11 Dec 2006, 18:27
As those of you who have attended previous V-Flyer soirées will be aware, we try to do a bit of fund raising for the site during the event.

The V-Flyer Post Christmas Party on 27th January 2007 will be no exception. The raffle tickets will be on sale again. We already have some prizes donated and promised - thanks to Wolves27 and mavrick to name just two.

The point of this post- apart from giving a plug to the event, is to ask that if anyone has anything that will be suitable as a prize, and they would be willing to donate it, could they please get in touch. Either drop me a PM, or post in this thread. The prizes do not have to be Virgin related, and we will be grateful for all donations - large or small.

Anyone attending, can bring the spoils with them, anyone who cannot make it but wants to contribute a prize - we will sort out getting it to 'the do' somehow.

ALL the proceeds of the raffles go directly to the site, and are used to pay for running expenses, like bandwidth etc.

We are hoping it will be a great night, and anyone who has never seen Katzenjammer before, is in for a treat. They do a great show.

There are still tickets available and EVERYONE is more than welcome - click on the above link, or the ad on the left side of the page, for details.

Nick
#150991 by RichardMannion
11 Dec 2006, 19:27
Okay not VS related at all, but I know people were interested in these items last time!

- Copy of Vista Ultimate (top end consumer version)
- Copy of Office 2007 Ultimate
- Copy of Flight Simulator X Professional
- Classic Xbox with 4 games and 2 controllers

Will see if I can find anymore goodies in my cupboard.

Thanks,
Richard
#150997 by mcmbenjamin
11 Dec 2006, 20:22
Bottle of Jack Daniel's for the 'Metalist Collection' or whatever they call it. Anyway they only sell these special bottles in Lynchburg, TN and I shall bring one to the raffle.
#151056 by iforres1
12 Dec 2006, 16:15
I will also be able to bring a couple of bottles from the Duty free, although due to the superb new security ruling they won't be as big as the last bottles I brought but will still be worth while.

Iain
#151064 by Nottingham Nick
12 Dec 2006, 16:40
Thanks, Iain. [y]

Being a bloke, I believe size isn't too important. [:I][:I][:o)]

Nick
#151076 by Scrooge
12 Dec 2006, 17:45
Originally posted by Nottingham Nick
Thanks, Iain. [y]

Being a bloke, I believe size isn't too important. [:I][:I][:o)]

Nick

If only it was ‰ul that said that and not you...

Oh well, I can«t be there, but i«ll throw in a couple of nights at the Strat.
#151081 by Nottingham Nick
12 Dec 2006, 17:57
Originally posted by jetwet1

Cheers, Dave.. if I win them I can come and visit my money. [:I];)
#151082 by Scrooge
12 Dec 2006, 18:13
Originally posted by jetwet1

Cheers, Dave.. if I win them I can come and visit my money. [:I];)

I spent your money along time ago..been busy spending Pauls money these last two weeks..need some fresh money for the next trip [:p].

Whoever wins will have to contct me and we can figure out the dates, of course sometie in OCT/NOV «07 may be a good idea.
#151134 by ChuckC
13 Dec 2006, 03:27
I happily donate dinner for four at either Marie Callender's or Perkins!

And for those who prefer the competition I'll throw in a US50 gift card for winner's choice of Macaroni Grill, Cheesecake Factory or Chili's.

I'm sure LROM or Sarah will want the Cheesecake card but you gotta win first, Richard!

Chuck-
#151137 by mcmbenjamin
13 Dec 2006, 03:42
I just want pot pies. I would take my paycheck in MC pot pies (preferably beef pot pies which are increasingly hard to find). Now how to complete the W2........ :)
#151153 by Nottingham Nick
13 Dec 2006, 12:23
Originally posted by ChuckC

And for those who prefer the competition I'll throw in a US50 gift card for winner's choice of Macaroni Grill, Cheesecake Factory or Chili's.

Thanks, Chuck. [y][y]

All we need now is for a Marie Callender's to open in Nottingham.[y]

Nick
#151175 by ChuckC
13 Dec 2006, 20:23
Originally posted by ChuckC

Thanks, Chuck. [y][y]

All we need now is for a Marie Callender's to open in Nottingham.[y]

Nick

What I was assuming was, given how many V-Flyers come to the States, these prizes would actually get used. But maybe not ...? I could easily offer something else potentially more useful, Nick. Please let me know if you would prefer me to underwrite another option, perhaps something in dear Blighty?

Chuck-
#151196 by preiffer
13 Dec 2006, 22:05
Can we request Bakers Square ones Chuck...? [:w]
#151209 by JAT74L
14 Dec 2006, 01:22
Chuck - I would certainly use the meal for 4 at Perkins on my next visit to the states in the summer (if I were lucky enough to win).

Hey I may even take others along with me too!!

Regards

John
#151925 by Vegascrazy
21 Dec 2006, 09:51
Only just picked up on this thread Nick! More than happy to throw in a bottle of Champers for the raffle:)

Cheers, James
#151926 by Nottingham Nick
21 Dec 2006, 09:54
Originally posted by Vegascrazy
Only just picked up on this thread Nick! More than happy to throw in a bottle of Champers for the raffle:)

Cheers, James

Nice one, James .. Many thanks [y][y]

Nick
#156131 by Nottingham Nick
21 Jan 2007, 13:32
Just a quick bump for this thread to thank everyone who has offered prizes, and remind you that the PCP is only a week away.

Anyone who is bringing prizes, I hope to be down mid afternoon, and will put them all on display ready for ticket sales in the evening.

Thanks again.

Nick
#156239 by Wolves27
21 Jan 2007, 22:59
Will happily donate some more cards and stuff for the raffle.
Will have a mooch around to see what else we can muster..

dean
#156397 by Scorpio
23 Jan 2007, 10:11
Nick,

I have a Beatle Limited edition print taken from an original artwork to bring to the PCP for auction.

It is individually numbered and signed by the artist and also comes with its own numbered certificate of authenticity.

It has been sitting in my loft for years and i`m sure someone will bid for it.

I shall bring it down with me on Saturday.
#156400 by Wolves27
23 Jan 2007, 10:59
That reminds me I have a signed photo in a frame of Ant and Dec, please someone take it off me!!! [^]

Dean
#156407 by Littlejohn
23 Jan 2007, 12:05
Was finally getting round to thinking about this - sorry. Well there's all the unwanted gifts from the December orgy of greed. But I am not sure anyone would be that interested in 2 swiveling plastic forks or a bottle of Paco Rabanne. But I will see if I can rustle something up from a certain yacht racing company.
#156409 by HighFlyer
23 Jan 2007, 12:16
Originally posted by sailor99
I am not sure anyone would be that interested in 2 swiveling plastic forks

Mamosian anti-matter chopsticks? :)

Thanks,
Sarah
Virgin Atlantic