A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#169783 by honey lamb
28 Apr 2007, 00:25
Being an erstwhile native (mike used to pass my former home on his way to school!!) I would find it very difficult to go back. Sorry [:#]
#169805 by Wolves27
28 Apr 2007, 10:45
We're so useless, its our weekend and we still havn't sorted anywhere to stay yet! [:0]

We've double checked with Funny Girls, they only have standing left (when we last rang). Would people be happy to do that, or shall we just go for a meal and then a few drinks?

DEan
#169875 by buns
29 Apr 2007, 09:01
Originally posted by Wolves27
We're so useless, its our weekend and we still havn't sorted anywhere to stay yet! [:0]

We've double checked with Funny Girls, they only have standing left (when we last rang). Would people be happy to do that, or shall we just go for a meal and then a few drinks?

DEan

Hopefully our eagerness to book rooms will not cause too much a problem.

Mrs Buns & I are happy to go with the flow

buns
#169909 by Vegascrazy
29 Apr 2007, 13:53
Steve & I are happy to go with the flow as well - must admit though, a nice meal followed by drinks sounds good! Do we have any curryholics amongt us, just a thought?

James
#169933 by HighFlyer
29 Apr 2007, 17:44
Originally posted by Vegascrazy
Do we have any curryholics amongt us, just a thought?

Aye, that will be me then :D

Dean, as others have said, i'm not too fussed what we do. We are just here to celebrate with you and Dean - though a rather lovely meal and a few drinks sound pretty good to me.

Thanks,
Sarah
#170020 by Wolves27
30 Apr 2007, 12:40
Thats a plan then. I'm happy for a few drinks, an Indian (and a few more drinks).
Drinks will be the same plan for anybody here on the Friday night too.

I've only even been to a couple of curry houses in Blackpool, the Everest and one upstairs on Talbot Road. Shazam, do you have any recomendations in the town centre for a good curry?

Dean
#170068 by shazam
30 Apr 2007, 20:01
House of Spice on Topping Street, not far from Town Centre (just up the road from the Flamingo and Funny Girls)

http://www.houseofspiceblackpool.co.uk/menu.htm

Yum

:)
#170070 by Wolves27
30 Apr 2007, 20:42
Excellent, cheers Shazam! Once I know definite numbers I'll book a table. Place looks fine.

Looking forward to it!

Dean
#171021 by Vegascrazy
09 May 2007, 19:18
Just received an email from Ryan Air saying they're withdrawing their Stansted-Blackpool service so our flight up on the Fri eve is cancelled [n] Never mind, it'll now be Virgin Trains up as well as back [y]

Cheers
James
#171031 by Wolves27
09 May 2007, 23:23
Thats a bummer, although hopefully VT will run smoothly for you.
What time do you anticipate arriving in Blackpool for?

Cheers!

Dean
#171081 by Vegascrazy
10 May 2007, 11:50
Thats a bummer, although hopefully VT will run smoothly for you.
What time do you anticipate arriving in Blackpool for?

Cheers!

Dean

Hi Dean, I guess earlier than if we'd flown up as we'll take a half day's leave from work and head up in the afternoon. The only problem at the moment is the fares on virgintrains.com and thetrainline.com are sky high for journeys from London to Euston that Friday afternoon. We only paid £32 or something for 1st class back on the Sun afternoon. I'll keep an eye on rates but either way we'll now be arriving in Blackpool earlier than if we'd flown [y]
#171083 by Pete
10 May 2007, 12:12
Are you planning on doing the curry thing on Friday night or Saturday night? Marcus and I are only up for the Saturday [:(]
#174020 by Wolves27
08 Jun 2007, 10:20
We're going to be doing the Curry on the Saturday, as the lions share of us are up on that day.

Must check weather.com and fingers crossed for good weather. Its been a couple of years since we went to the pleasure beach so looing forward to it.
Still, as good a ride as the Big One is, not sure it will be able to take my breath away quite like Top Thrill did at Cedar Point.
No more jokes about enjoying it at the front or the back [:p]

Cheers!

Dean
#174024 by Vegascrazy
08 Jun 2007, 12:20
Dean, just to let you know that Steve & I will arrive in Blackpool around 5pm on the Friday. Following cancellation of the Ryanair service we managed to clinch a cheap 1st class on Virgin Trains travelling up on the Fri afternoon

Really looking forward to seeing you & the others again :)
#174025 by Wolves27
08 Jun 2007, 12:47
Excellent James!.... That might even be earlier than us [:0][:I]
June is going to be one busy V-Flyer month for us!

cheers!

Dean
#174026 by shazam
08 Jun 2007, 14:25
Blackpool Pleasure Beach launched a new ride last week called Infusion - it's a water themed suspended looping roller coaster, I can't find any good links anywhere with pictures and since I'm at work I haven't got time to look but it sounds good, a few of my friends were involved in constructing it and they are pretty impressed with it.

S xx
#174378 by Wolves27
11 Jun 2007, 13:45
The construction pics of Infusion on the coaster forums looked okay but quite small. Still now that its built and running as in this video here it looks much more impressive, and higher than I was expecting.

Weather showing as just about okay on Saturday.

Two nights at the DeVere finally booked....we're the Heron's Reach whores!

Cheers!

Dean
#174379 by fozzyo
11 Jun 2007, 13:51
Yeah baby! New ride looks very cool.
#174452 by buns
11 Jun 2007, 20:25
The construction pics of Infusion on the coaster forums looked okay but quite small. Still now that its built and running as in this video here it looks much more impressive, and higher than I was expecting.

Weather showing as just about okay on Saturday.

Two nights at the DeVere finally booked....we're the Heron's Reach whores!

Cheers!

Dean

That ride certainly sits alongside many of the top coasters in the US[:0][:0]

I have to report that Mrs buns (who would have taken great delight in adding this to her list of coasters) will not be able to join us due to pressure of work[:#]

I, on the other hand, will still be there (holding the coats of course[B)])

Greatly looking forward to the weekend

buns
#174456 by shazam
11 Jun 2007, 20:45
Thank goodness you found something useful, I did a quick search on Blackpool and Infusion and came up with the details of a swingers hotel! yikes !
Now don't all go looking!
See you soon x
#174459 by RichardMannion
11 Jun 2007, 20:57
Originally posted by buns4vs

I have to report that Mrs buns (who would have taken great delight in adding this to her list of coasters) will not be able to join us due to pressure of work[:#]

[n]

Damn. Can she bring it with her and we all give her a hand with the work?

Thanks,
Richard
#174481 by Mrs Buns
11 Jun 2007, 21:47
Originally posted by RichardMannion
Originally posted by buns4vs

[n]

Damn. Can she bring it with her and we all give her a hand with the work?

Thanks,
Richard

Richard

Thank you for thinking of me.[:X]

Believe you me I would much rather spend the weekend with you good people than typing up Board minutes of 2 meetings that have to be with my boss on Monday[:(!].

I will be keeping an eagle eye on the site (as of course I will be using the computer) over the weekend so hopefully much will not escape me[:w][:w].

Really miffed I will be missing out on the BIG RIDES[n]

Hope you all have a good time.
Mrs Buns
#174484 by HighFlyer
11 Jun 2007, 21:52
Very sorry we wont see you at the weekend Mrs B! To make up for your absence i will force myself to enjoy all of the big rides, multiple times!

Thanks,
Sarah
#174492 by RichardMannion
11 Jun 2007, 22:22
What if we booked you a First Class train ticket from London to Blackpool, and made sure there was a power socket to plug your laptop into?
#174514 by Wolves27
11 Jun 2007, 23:01
Righty folks.
Food for the Saturday evening.
I was thinking maybe Chinese instead as it can be a bit less random than some curry places (and I've had a couple of Indians recently and used up all my quota for this month). How are people with Chinese?
Before now I've tried the Mayflower and (I think) The Golden Peking. I'm sure these will draw a blank but maybe Shazam, if you have any suggestions?

Am I right in thinking for the Saturday night meal we'll have:
Me
Mat
Richard
Sarah
Andrew
Francesca
Buns
Pete
Marcus
James
Steve