A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#168985 by RichardMannion
23 Apr 2007, 20:02
Originally posted by motherger
Hi all,

Count me in please to see Pamann.

Where is everyone staying so i dont book a hotel and no one is there!

So that's 8 for Pam Ann so far...

LadyS
Me
PixUk
Motherger
Decker
Mrs Decker
buns4vs
Mrs Buns

LadyS and I are stopping at the Balmoral using my corporate rate. And yes I have requested room 652. :)

Thanks,
Richard
#168987 by Decker
23 Apr 2007, 20:19
Mrs D and I for Pam Ann too
#168988 by Wolves27
23 Apr 2007, 20:25
Fozzyo and myself will let you know of our plans ASAP.
#169012 by Wolves27
23 Apr 2007, 22:23
Guys, we're going to give it a miss. Sounds like fun but we want to keep quite a lot of weekends in the summer free - it's starting to get booked up already if we're not careful..

Cheers!

Dean
#169018 by Decker
23 Apr 2007, 22:34
Understood completely - if we actioned everything we've got pencilled in we don't have a free weekend from Mid May to Mid July...
#169814 by Pete
28 Apr 2007, 11:52
Another suggestion to throw into the pot, Chris Cox's show Everything Happens For A Reason - 6.30pm at the Gilded Balloon. He's a bit like a quirky Derrin Brown, without the creepy bits. I saw his act last year and loved it.
#169819 by Pete
28 Apr 2007, 12:40
While I'm in the recommending mood, I also note that The Pantaloons are back this year with an open-air production of A Midsummer Night's Dream - a free afternoon show at the Royal Botanical Gardens. If it's anywhere near as good as their last show, Cymbeline (review), then it's going to be on my must see list.
#169876 by buns
29 Apr 2007, 09:05
Mrs Buns & I for Pam Ann and Katzenjammer.

with all these other recommendations, we are begining to wonder how we will fit it all in[:0][:0]

buns
#169877 by McCoy
29 Apr 2007, 09:39
Originally posted by buns4vs
with all these other recommendations, we are begining to wonder how we will fit it all in[:0][:0]
Try living here! By the end of August, I'm knackered and skint...
#170097 by MarkJ
30 Apr 2007, 21:51
Originally posted by McCoy
Originally posted by buns4vs
Try living here! By the end of August, I'm knackered and skint...

Why dont you rent your house out ( to V-flyers perhaps) and then go on a nice UC trip to somewhere warm?
#171347 by roadrunner
12 May 2007, 22:28
Sorry that our year away is up prior to then (although back late August) but can recommend near Brunton theatre (after several enjoyable pre-theatre visits) the pub across the street, The Volunteer Arms. Pete is right re: renting a flat versus a hotel room--there are many on offer during the fringe and in excellent locations.
Although....re hotels--Malmaison is an excellent choice for affordability and such an easy ride into central hub, I wonder at passing it up. Leith is an interesting and vital part of the city, a ten minute bus ride shoudn't be cause to try elsewhere at premium costs.

OOOh wish we were there as well!

RR
#175676 by Pete
25 Jun 2007, 23:14
Is anyone who's planning to attend thinking of traveling up from the London area on the Friday (and coming back on the Monday maybe)? Have someone here who might need a traveling companion or two. Hasn't made a call yet on whether to take the train or plane, but obviously would want to travel up early enough on Friday to be in Edinburgh in good time for the Katzenjammer gig.

Pete
#175687 by Decker
26 Jun 2007, 09:53
Flying on Friday afternoon returning Sunday evening...
#176493 by RichardMannion
03 Jul 2007, 00:27
Tickets are on sale now for Pam Ann:
link

£15 each - Show is at 20:55 - George St Ballroom.

£31.20 for two tickets with fee (now if only TicketMaster and pop 'stars' could learn to charge fees like this....)

Doesn't appear to be any seating plan.

Thanks,
Richard

{edited to shorten link ;)}
#176688 by buns
04 Jul 2007, 21:23
Originally posted by Pete
Is anyone who's planning to attend thinking of traveling up from the London area on the Friday (and coming back on the Monday maybe)? Have someone here who might need a traveling companion or two. Hasn't made a call yet on whether to take the train or plane, but obviously would want to travel up early enough on Friday to be in Edinburgh in good time for the Katzenjammer gig.

Pete

I now have to work on the Friday, so chances of taking my early flight with BA from LGW (as already booked for Mrs B & myself) seem scuppered.[n]

All is not lost though, I can catch a BMI business flight and earn some points in the process[}:)][}:)]

If I can be of any assistance -let me know

buns
#176803 by Nottingham Nick
05 Jul 2007, 22:23
After a small change of plans, I will be joining the fun after all. :D

I have booked my flights, it will be a flying visit (literally). Up on Friday morning 7am. and then back down on Saturday afternoon. I will be on my own, as Sue and Chris have other commitments.

Do we have a rendezvous point on the Friday before we head out to Musselburgh?

Nick
#176806 by buns
05 Jul 2007, 22:47
Originally posted by Nottingham Nick
After a small change of plans, I will be joining the fun after all. :D

I have booked my flights, it will be a flying visit (literally). Up on Friday morning 7am. and then back down on Saturday afternoon. I will be on my own, as Sue and Chris have other commitments.

Do we have a rendezvous point on the Friday before we head out to Musselburgh?

Nick

Great news Nick[y][y]

Sorry that sue & chris will be unabale to join us .

(Means Mrs Buns & Sue will have to do double chin wags at the Riverboat[}:)][}:)][}:)])

buns
#179545 by RichardMannion
28 Jul 2007, 18:35
Right, Sarah and I have our tickets booked for Pam Ann. I booked via edfringe.com. 2 for Sat 18th August at 20:55. £31.50 for 2 with the booking fee.

Now need to book Katzenjammer for Friday night.

Thanks,
Richard

Buns - are you using your return sector on your BA flight, as you mgiht need to contact them if you are not making the outbound sector as it will cancelt he other out otherwise.
#179547 by buns
28 Jul 2007, 18:39
Originally posted by RichardMannion
Right, Sarah and I have our tickets booked for Pam Ann. I booked via edfringe.com. 2 for Sat 18th August at 20:55. £31.50 for 2 with the booking fee.

Now need to book Katzenjammer for Friday night.

Thanks,
Richard

Buns - are you using your return sector on your BA flight, as you mgiht need to contact them if you are not making the outbound sector as it will cancelt he other out otherwise.

Richard

thanks for thinking of me.

I will intend to use BMI for both sectors (TPs you know ;)) , but Mrs Buns is on the same ticket.

I will confirm that her booking is secure

buns
#179552 by buns
28 Jul 2007, 18:56
Originally posted by Nottingham Nick
FYI - I have booked seat D15 for the Katzenjammer show.

Nick

[:?][:?]

Mrs Buns & I have now booked for both Katzenjammer and Pam Ann on edfringe.com. [y][y] No mention of seat allocations along the way though.

buns
#179574 by Decker
28 Jul 2007, 21:13
Pam Ann - One World Alliance
18 Aug 2007 20:55

Kit & The Widow: A few new songs and lots of free parking
18 Aug 2007 14:00

Now looking at other events. :)
#179649 by JAT74L
29 Jul 2007, 22:17
We've just moved house and are currently heavily engaged in renovations so I'm a bit stretched to say the least. Is there an opportunity to meet up for a quick drink?

John
Virgin Atlantic