A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#1968 by sahajesh
23 Jul 2004, 08:10
Following interest in Farnborough, anyone want to do this?

Advance tickets are £20 (book by 20/8), on the day is £22.50.

I've been there once (for a day visit, no airshow at that time) and it was a good day out.

Link for the air show is http://duxford.iwm.org.uk/server/show/conEvent.36

Sahajesh
#37357 by mcuth
23 Jul 2004, 08:47
Sounds interesting - not quite sure myself as it starts the day after I get back from SIN/KUL :D

I'll make this a "sticky" though, so it keeps some focus

Cheers

Michael
#37361 by HighFlyer
23 Jul 2004, 09:52
I will be in BGI, otherwise i would definately have gone!

I recommend this to anyone! Last year was fantastic, an aerial display from the Red Arrows, Harriers and a 747 to name but a few!

Excellent day out - bring your own chairs though!
#37368 by Jonathan
23 Jul 2004, 10:37
Would love to have gone to compare to Farnborough but I'll be in Sydney!!
#40420 by sahajesh
04 Sep 2004, 23:54
Just came back from Duxford, was a very good day out and very hot too [8D]

I had to borrow a friend's camera so will need to get pics off him before I can post - we did a flight on a Dragon Rapide which was an interesting experience, a bit like my first flight on JMC airline economy to Orlando :D

I ended up joining Friends of Duxford (friend was already a member), get free entry on non-airshow days (handy if I'm bored and fancy going or in the area) plus 20% off items in the shop (some good models there, but not in VS colours I'm afraid!).

The usual suspects were there (BBMF, Utterly Butterly) plus Phantom, Tornado, Jaguar, Hawk, Chinook, Lynx, DHL 757(!!), Grace Spitfire, Catalina. The Concorde in hangar 1 was open but very busy (been in it before so didn't bother this time).

As I said, a fantastic day out and highly recommended.

Cheers,

Sahajesh.
Virgin Atlantic