A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#39066 by buns
19 Aug 2004, 20:59
Just got my e-mail:D:D

Pegitt
quote:Would have been nice if they had put the date on the email

Mee Too! But I am happy nevertheless to be able to be in such good company.

buns
#39068 by pegitt
19 Aug 2004, 21:06
Bunns did you know what dates you put on your form

Cheers

Phil
#39071 by buns
19 Aug 2004, 21:27
Pegitt

I went for the Sundays 5th & 12th

Buns
#39072 by mitchja
19 Aug 2004, 21:33
I think it's probably a good idea to set something up with names and dates all together in in one place, once the tickets arrive that is :)

Regards
#39075 by Pete
19 Aug 2004, 22:20
Good idea. I'll try and put a track on it on the first page of this topic.

Pix
#39116 by Vslf
20 Aug 2004, 16:12
So, as there are going to be quite a few Summer Party virgins going along, could some of you old hands give us an idea what we can expect?

Ta

VSlf
#39196 by Nottingham Nick
22 Aug 2004, 02:51
Got my email invite a couple of days ago. I am in the same boat of not knowing which date I put down 'cos both Mrs Nick and I entered ;)

Won't know till I get back to the UK on 29th Aug. - but we will be there
:D

Nick
#39264 by Goldenoldie
23 Aug 2004, 05:51
Tickets arrived Friday by recorded delivery with a car park pass. Apparently tickets are exchanged for a wristband at the gate and you need to bring your FC card.
cheers
GO
#39339 by British
23 Aug 2004, 22:52
I really want to come!!

Entered the Virgin draw when does this get done??

If not to that you may see me hitching my skirt up and climbing the wall to get in lol

B
#39341 by pegitt
23 Aug 2004, 23:09
I think the draw has already taken place i got my email on thurs with the good news.

Cheers

Phil
#39601 by Burridges
26 Aug 2004, 22:16
Hi Everyone

We are new here! We (me, hubby and 2 littlies) "won" tickets for the Summer Party events, the date we chose was Saturday 4th September - should be fun, we are having a mini-adventure that day as we are taking the train and going to take advantage of the shuttle buses from Oxford train station. Also gives us the chance to have a couple of drinkies ;) and not worry about driving home. Our kids think it's great not only do they get to visit "the man who owns all the Virgin's" they get to go on one of his trains too LOL

Does anyone have any news on which bands will be playing in the evening?

Pippa
#39612 by airchabum
27 Aug 2004, 00:40
Hello

I'll be going on 11th and camping the night. Hope it doesn't p*ss down! [V] It'll be my first VS party so really looking forward to it :D

Cheers
Alan
#39615 by pegitt
27 Aug 2004, 01:12
Hi Airchabum

I have been told by a friend that it is a big staff do as well as for members is he correct.

Cheers

Phil
#39621 by airchabum
27 Aug 2004, 03:12
Hi Phil

The party is open to staff (and their families) from all Virgin companies as well as other guests so there should be a good few people there! There will be loads of entertainment etc laid on...here's some info from the Virgin Village website:

ENTERTAINMENT

Let Virgin Entertain you!
ThereÕs something for everyone to have fun, fun, fun! All rides are free and you can go on again, and again, and again. Rides open at 12 noon and will close at various stages during the evening (see ÔWhat time do the attractions closeÕ below).

Main Stage
This is where it all happens! Entertainment during the day gives way to live music to dance the night away after 7pm.

Shake your Funky Stuff!
To tell you everything would take out the element of surprise! But, if youÕre asking, youÕll be dancing! YouÕll be shaking your tush to live bands and DjÕs!!

Virgin Unite
As you may have already heard, Virgin Unite will launch at the Summer Party. There will be lots of fun and games for you to get involved with!! Keep your eyes peeled at the Virgin Village for further infoÉ

Tennis
RichardÕs Tennis Court will be open on a first come first serve basis, so any budding Tim Henmans feel welcome to use it! Although, we may not have enough rackets to go aroundÉIf you LOVE tennis maybe you should consider bringing your own racket to avoid disappointment!

What time do the attractions close?
Entertainment on the Cricket Pitch, Activities Fields and Tennis Court will close around 6pm. The Fairground rides will close during the evening. Bars and catering facilities around the Main Stage will continue to serve until 11.30pm. The Main StageÕs final act will finale at midnight, There will be an area with a bar continuing until 00.30am for campers to chill before collapsing back at their tents!

BOOZE, DRINK andÉ FOOD!!!

WhatÕs available?
A number of bars serving alcoholic drinks, food stalls serving a fusion of food will be on offer for your delight in return for your vouchers. Soft drinks and water will be freely available across the party grounds for you to help yourselves to.

Are refreshments free?
All soft drinks and water will be available free throughout the party. You will receive four free drinks vouchers and two free food vouchers when you arrive at the party. These can be swapped for a variety of alcoholic drinks and food during the party. Should you run out of vouchers, you can purchase more at various locations across the party.

Water: will be freely available throughout the parties.

Rumbling tummy!?
Food will range from pizza to noodles and will be available throughout the day.

How much will it cost to buy extra food and drink vouchers?
Additional food and drinks vouchers can be bought at the party. Extra vouchers will cost £1 each.

Vegetarian food: Will be available at most of the food stalls.

Baby food: limited supply for emergencies only Ð please bring your babeÕs favÕs with you.

Opening hours: Bars will be open from 12pm until a variety of times in the evening. The last bar will close at 12am.

Food allergies: WeÕre doing our best to cater for everyone. If you have any specific food allergies please ask the food vendor at the party for a description of ingredients.

HAPPY CAMPERS

Will I be able to camp?
Yes! There will be an area to pitch your tent! And a separate car park for campers will be close byÉ

Who can camp?
Anyone!

What do I have to do?
When you RSVP tell us you want to camp.

What facilities will be on the Camp Site?
Toilets and showers are available for campers.

If I camp on the Saturday night, can I stay for the party on the Sunday?
Nice try! The ticket is for just one day (and night if you come on a Saturday). The party is over 4 days to make sure that everyone at Virgin has a chance to attend.

What time do I have to leave on the Sunday morning?
YouÕll need to leave by 10am so we can clear the site of tents and cars.

Is there camping on a Sunday?
No, sorry Ð The party finishes at 6pm on the Sunday.

Will there be breakfast provided?
Bacon butties, coffee and tea will be provided to help with that morning after feeling!

Can I bring my Campervan or Caravan?
Campervans are fine, but unfortunately we donÕt have enough room for caravans.

What shall I bring?
A tent (would be good)
Something warm to sleep in.
Appropriate bedding.
A torch, just in case you need to find your way in the dark!
Waterproof and warm clothing (You never know!)
Sensible shoes
Sun cream

Security Ð A safe camper makes a happy camper!!
We will make sure that a couple of our Security Team are looking over you whilst you sleep!!!

Noise Ð Love thy neighbour!
ItÕs all too easy to get carried away in the moment and forget where we areÉplease consider your neighboring campers and most importantly the local villagers next to the site.

Will we be able to build a campfire?
A lovely, huge campfire will be provided. We would ask all those budding Scouts and BrownieÕs to keep their fire making skills to themselvesÉPlease do not build your own fire!

Rubbish
There will be rubbish and re-cycling bins in the campsite. Please tidy-up after yourselves! Thank you!

Can I bring my guitar?
Because of noise levels we would ask that people in the campsite do have consideration to the local villagers. Air guitars are more than welcome!!!

I hope that answers a few questions! [8D]

Cheers
Alan
#39624 by Jonathan
27 Aug 2004, 08:44
Thanks again Alan:)
Your info is spot on as usuall!

I hope everyone writes a TR as poor old me will miss out (I'll be in Sydney)
#39626 by FamilyMan
27 Aug 2004, 10:12
Hey There,

If anybody wants to meet up with a newbie and say hi - Mrs and I will be around during the daytime on the 4th.

Would like to stay around in the evening but with a 2 year old it is going to be difficult so I imagine we'll be scooting around 6 or 7.

Phil
#39628 by Bazz
27 Aug 2004, 10:17
Yeah, look forward to reading all about it, like Jonathan missing it coz I will be en-route to LAX for two weeks on the 4th [:(]:):D[8D]
#39713 by Burridges
27 Aug 2004, 18:23
Hi Everyone

I've just spoken to the event organisers to "Reserve our spot" in the campsite and unfortunately the campsite will be for Virgin Staff ONLY! Apparently in past years they have allowed flying club members to pitch up there but this year they have restricted it to only Virgin Staff.

[:(] Back to the prospect of the train journey home again.

Pippa
#39730 by pegitt
27 Aug 2004, 22:33
Thank's for that info Airchabum i will prob stay in a hotel if i go on the sat

Cheers

Phil
#39748 by mitchja
28 Aug 2004, 10:46
Got my tickets and car park pass this morning. I'll be there on Sunday 12th Sept.

Regards
#39749 by Wolves27
28 Aug 2004, 10:54
Woohoo!!

Had my two tickets come this morning by special delivery. I had given up hope as I never had an email so this has certainly brightened up my Saturday morning! Me and the other half have got tickets for Saturday the 4th.

All very excited now, and only 3 weeks later off to SFO, and then two weeks after that HKG.

I love Virgin!:D:D:D

Dean
#39751 by AlanA
28 Aug 2004, 11:01
Tickets arrived for me Mrs A and the little 'un
11th September :-)
#39754 by JohnD
28 Aug 2004, 11:46
Us too for the 11th - we also managed to get into the travelodge on the peartree roundabout:D
Virgin Atlantic