A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#189142 by Pete
02 Nov 2007, 18:11
Those in Vegas on Thursday 15th, how does Caffe Giorgio sound at Mandalay Bay? I've eaten there before a few times, and it's pretty good.

Tables available, so I'm suggesting 1pm for lunch. Can you confirm whether you'll be coming or not and I'll book a table.

(Dave - can you confirm whether Jenn is available, or is she working?)

Pete
#189177 by Scrooge
02 Nov 2007, 20:46
We will both make it, Jenn can disappear from work for a couple of hours.

One place I was thinking about, though it may not be to everyones taste is a little Thai place just of the strip link

They offer a lunch buffet plus full menu and the food is good...I mean very very good.

Again, may not be to everyones taste so I am happy to go with the flow.
#189179 by Pete
02 Nov 2007, 21:01
I would normally go for Thai, but that menu seems bereft of Veggie options, so it's not convincing me unfortunately ;)

BTW, for San Francisco on Sunday night, the plan is 7pm for Cheesecake Factory. They don't take reservations, so we'll just have to turn up and wait for a table. Maybe we can meet for pre-dinner drinks in the Westin St Francis (if they still have that sports bar at the front...)?
#189184 by Scrooge
02 Nov 2007, 21:25
Originally posted by Pete
I would normally go for Thai, but that menu seems bereft of Veggie options, so it's not convincing me unfortunately ;)

BTW, for San Francisco on Sunday night, the plan is 7pm for Cheesecake Factory. They don't take reservations, so we'll just have to turn up and wait for a table. Maybe we can meet for pre-dinner drinks in the Westin St Francis (if they still have that sports bar at the front...)?

Ok stick with the place at Mandalay..we are in.
#189190 by Pete
02 Nov 2007, 21:55
Damn. Caffe Giorgio is unable to seat 7 of us for lunch. But not to worry. Here are a few other options;

Enoteca San Marc: New Italian place in The Venetian, Price: $31 to $50 -www.enotecasanmarco.com
Border Grill: Latin American/Mexican in Mandalay Bay: Price: $16 to $30 - http://www.bordergrill.com
Chinois Las Vegas: Chinese in Forum Shops: Price: $31 to $50 - http://www.wolfgangpuck.com
Eiffel Tower: French (duh!) at Paris: Price: $51 or more - http://www.eiffeltowerrestaurant.com
Trevi: Italian in Forum Shops: Price: $16 to $30 - http://www.trevi-italian.com
Verandah: California/Italian in Four Seasons: Price: $31 to $50

All of the above can accommodate 7 of us for lunch on the 15th. Any views, comments, anyone?
#189215 by Scrooge
03 Nov 2007, 00:22
Trevi is out, I will slap you silly, had one of the worst meals in Vegas there.

Let me put my thinking cap on....give me till the morning..
#189223 by mediamonkey
03 Nov 2007, 00:41
I'm on for any of them.. I've not eaten at any of them, but I've friends who've dined at the Chinese in the forum shops and enjoyed that.
#189227 by Pete
03 Nov 2007, 00:49
That new Italian place in The Venetian sound interesting, but I'm up for any of them too. We'll wait for Egon Scrooge's recommendation in the morning...
#189233 by Pete
03 Nov 2007, 01:45
LOL. I dropped a note to the airport manager at SFO to give him advance warning of our flight back on the 19th. Here's his reply;

Pete,

Great to hear from you! The staff will be expecting you & the V-Flyer group on the 19th. We will request a special liquor delivery that morning to ensure the bar if full. I will be on vacation that week but Anita Singh will be the manager on duty and I will ask her to drop by and say hi. She is much better on the eyes than I am anyway! Have fun in SFO and do not hesitate to drop me a line if you need any assistance.
#189234 by Strawberry Muppet
03 Nov 2007, 01:45

That's fine with me. I'll check it out.
#189236 by preiffer
03 Nov 2007, 01:52
I may *see* if I can turn up on the Sunday night at CCF for a "guest appearance".... ;)
#189238 by Pete
03 Nov 2007, 01:57
Originally posted by preiffer
I may *see* if I can turn up on the Sunday night at CCF for a "guest appearance".... ;)

That would be rather splendid [y]

You still got a ticket for that VX LAS-SFO flight on Friday 16th? I still fancy watching you split a couple of tens up at the Strat for a giggle.
#189239 by preiffer
03 Nov 2007, 01:59
All VERY last minute, but let me see what I can do ;)
#189469 by Pete
04 Nov 2007, 22:16
I've always wanted to visit the Red Rock, but won't have a rental car... Anyone else going to have wheels?

Pete
#189515 by ChuckC
05 Nov 2007, 01:16
I ate at Terra Rosa in May. Excellent and very fine service.

Chuck-
#189732 by mediamonkey
06 Nov 2007, 14:18
Anyone fancy a visit to the top of the Strat on Thursday before or after lunch to go on some of those rides?!
#189736 by Pete
06 Nov 2007, 14:53
I'm up for a bit of Strat madness.

Dave.. can you sort us out? ;)

I haven't yet booked anything for Thursday lunch, but the backup plan (in case we can't get anything else) would be the Cheesecake Factory in Caesars - although potentially we can improve on that.

Pete
#189739 by Scrooge
06 Nov 2007, 15:23
I'm up for a bit of Strat madness.

Dave.. can you sort us out? ;)

I haven't yet booked anything for Thursday lunch, but the backup plan (in case we can't get anything else) would be the Cheesecake Factory in Caesars - although potentially we can improve on that.

Pete

Sure..I can just put them against your comps [:0]

We could just do lunch up there as well?
#189743 by mediamonkey
06 Nov 2007, 15:35
I had a nice lunch there on my last visit, which was comped.. which was good as I wouldn't have paid that much for it, despite the good view!!
#189755 by Pete
06 Nov 2007, 16:20
Lunch at the top of the tower? Sure, why not.

Does that work for everyone else?
#189761 by iforres1
06 Nov 2007, 16:50
Handy enough for me although can we do the rides before lunch[:$]

Also it would be rude not to visit the Crown & Anchor:D

Iain
#189768 by Scrooge
06 Nov 2007, 17:32
Going back up a couple of posts.

There have been some rather drastic changes at the Strat when it comes to hand written comps, so idiot decided to start selling them on ebay a couple of months ago..great move..now if I hand write a comp I have to be able to show cause for it, so I am sorry to say that I won't be handing them out like last time..unless they have Pete's player number on them of course [y][^]
#189773 by Pete
06 Nov 2007, 18:15
Dave - does my (or rather, Marcus') account justify any comps? He went Gold last time we were there, so can you swing it? His player number is 300529483 if you want to take a look.

No great problem if you can't, but it would be a nice icing on the cake ;)
Virgin Atlantic