A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#516332 by mcuth
16 Sep 2004, 22:08
quote:Originally posted by ChuckC
Thanks for the info. Still working on the jury duty question!

No worries - work hard on that jury duty, I hear they're hard to get out of over your side of the pond [V]

Cheers

Michael
#516621 by Bazz
22 Sep 2004, 05:20
Well the day approaches, all is taken care of, I suggest that you aim to get to the hotel before 19:00 (earlier if you are checking in) that should give enough time for at least one drink before we depart.

Remember that the boat departs Maidenhead riverside at 19:30 prompt so allow sufficient time.

To refresh, the boat is called 'SL Belle' and is an attractive wooden vessel.

I have provided the hotel with the names of those staying so rooms are allocated against your name not mine. Please make sure you settle directly with the hotel before departing on Sunday.

I look forward to meeting you all on Saturday. [:)]
#516626 by mcuth
22 Sep 2004, 08:46
Nice one Bazz - can't wait for Satdi now [:)]

BTW, the hotel directions are here:
http://www.thameshotel.co.uk/directions.htm

Bring it on!

Cheers

Michael
#516637 by fozzyo
22 Sep 2004, 11:08
Well hopefully we'll be in SF on Saturday so y'all have fun now! We'll have a drink for you in the View Bar of the Marriott.

Hopefully we'll see you at the next one.

Enjoy
Foz :o)
#516682 by pegitt
22 Sep 2004, 15:44
yep roll o sat i'll be at the hotel from 5 onwards well i'll prob be at the bar[:D]

Cheers

Phil
#516688 by mcuth
22 Sep 2004, 16:22
Footnote - I'm aiming to be at the hotel ~2pm-ish - anyone wanting an early beer, PM me and I'll give you my mobile number [:)]

(Fozzyo - I'd love to be in SF though [:(])

Cheers

Michael
#516695 by Pete
22 Sep 2004, 16:55
Just had a call from those nice folks at Virgin Atlantic. They'll be providing some goodies for attendees of the Riverboat Party, including a very handy hangover recovery kit :-)

If you haven't already got your name down for the party - it's not too late. Let Bazz know asap, and we'll see you on Saturday.

Pix
#516696 by mcuth
22 Sep 2004, 17:12
Pix

Excellent news - maybe they would be kind enough to provide a hangover recovery kit for every social in future? I'm sure they'll be well used [:D]

Cheers

Michael
#516702 by mcuth
22 Sep 2004, 19:27
Just noticed this:
quote:Unfortunately ChuckC will not be able to join us due to unavoidable Jury Service, better luck next time Chuck!

Man, that's a real shame, I was looking forward to meeting Chuck too [:(]

Highflyer - you gonna need a guide as to who to look out for, or should we all wear red carnations or something? [:D]

Cheers

Michael
#516721 by onionz
22 Sep 2004, 22:50
Hey guys not long now. Hopefully it won't take me longer than a couple of hours (and hopefully less dependent on the wonderful M25) to get over to the hotel (i'm at the junction of the M11 with the North Circular for reference [:D]), and I gotta be out in the morning, so i'll be at the bar by 4PM i reckon.

Five day forecast for Maidenhead on the BBC website is looking good for Saturday!
#516757 by ChuckC
23 Sep 2004, 15:38
I thought about just posting these [:(] faces with no attribution, figuring it might illustrate how bummed I am that I cannot break free of our jury system tomorrow. I shared with Bazz that if our gang wants to reconnoiter on this side of the pond at some point, LAS perhaps, that I'd be glad to do what Bazz was kind enough to do for us on the Riverboat Shuffle, and help set up the details.

So, hoist one for me, guys. I'm there with you in spirit. And if you have any VS goodies left over, Pix, you can toss one at me when we finally meet. Best regards to all. Have a great time.

Chuck-
#516810 by onionz
23 Sep 2004, 21:40
Thanks Chuck. Look forward to seeing you at the V-Flyer LAS Spectacular!

Weater forecast now looks a bit worse than when i last checked, in case anyone is wondering why i seemed so upbeat about it. [;)]
#516813 by mcuth
23 Sep 2004, 21:46
Chuck

I'm sure we'll manage to chug just a couple for ya (oh, and I reckon there might be some pictures taken too) [;)]
A LAS spectacular has always sounded good to me - will look forward to that one [8D]

Cheers

Michael
#516847 by jaguarpig
24 Sep 2004, 11:26
Have a great time everybody,managed to get out of a bloody wedding reception but have ended up booked in for a burglar alarm install for a mate, I need the drinking tokens.Really hope to make the next one[:D]
#516867 by Bazz
24 Sep 2004, 15:28
We have a few friends of members coming along to make up the numbers, otherwise we might be rattling around a bit.

I think we have eight staying at the hotel (at the last count) and there are also some guests staying from a wedding party so there will be a lively crowd at the bar after closing time. [:D] The management have agreed to keep the bar open as long as we keep drinking - so mcuth might get his pint of beer with his brekkie [;)]

Don't forget, residents can by drinks for their guests so no need to dash off after we dock!

See ya tomorrow [^]
#516871 by mcuth
24 Sep 2004, 16:15
Bazz
quote:The management have agreed to keep the bar open as long as we keep drinking - so mcuth might get his pint of beer with his brekkie [;)]

Excellent - Pix might have to drag me back up to Reading afterwards though [:D][:D]

C U tomorrow - can't wait now [8D]

Cheers

Michael
#516938 by HighFlyer
25 Sep 2004, 18:43
Ive just remembered what day it is!! LOL

Trying to bomb down the M25 as we speak! Hope to see you there!!
#516949 by buns
26 Sep 2004, 09:01
Bazz / Pix

Looks like I might be the first [:I] to say a very big thank you for all your efforts for making last night such a memorable evening.

For me, last night was a great testement for what V-Flyer stands for: a bunch of very nice people genuinely out to help one another with the added bonus of sharing a common interest in VS. I feel vey honoured to be asscoiated with such nice people.

I am sure that my having to come to work this morning has something to do with such an early post[:D][:D] and look forward to seeing the photos in the Gallery which will give those who were unable to make it last night a clearer idea of the fun we all had[;)]

Thanks once again

Buns
#516953 by Nottingham Nick
26 Sep 2004, 10:46
I will add my thanks to Bazz and Pix, a great night - pity I wasn't drinking, but I was kept amused by those who were [}:)][}:)]

Thoroughly enjoyable evening, great company, and a very nice stretch of the river!

Got, home just after 1.30am, which isn't a bad effort [:I][:I]

Nick
#516959 by onionz
26 Sep 2004, 15:54
Thanks Bazz and Pix for putting together a great night, and everyone else for making sure we all had a good time.

My recollections are hazy, but i expect the photos soon to be posted will reliven a few memories.

Pix promised all photgraphic evidence would be deleted and the entire event erased off the site [:D]. However, thats unlikely, so i'm preparing myself for inevitable embarassment. I also urge many of the others present to do the same [:D][8D].
#516960 by HelenF
26 Sep 2004, 16:08
Glad you guys had a fun time. I very much hope to be able to make the next one.
#516963 by ChuckC
26 Sep 2004, 17:06
Hi everyone,

I've been sitting here patiently awaiting a TR on the Riverboat Shuffle. The 'thank you' posts are tantalizing. Will no one share what actually happened?

On call again for jury duty tomorrow (how boring), but I managed to get down to Palm Springs for the weekend (friends here hadn't expected me as they thought I was to be in London, etc., etc. -- thanks, rub it in, why don't you?).

Best to all and looking forward to being a part of an upcoming gathering.

Chuck-
#516973 by mcuth
26 Sep 2004, 19:57
I'll add my thanks too - well done Bazz & Pix, a cracking night, and great to see everyone again (what happened to you Highflyer?).

Some very ropey looking individuals at breakfast (those that made it to breakfast of course [:D])!

Report & pics to follow [;)]

Cheers

Michael
#516975 by pegitt
26 Sep 2004, 20:45
yep have to say thanks to Bazz and Pix for a cracking night i have just woken up.

Oh and a thank's must go to VS for the champers and other gifts

Cheers

Phil!
#517001 by Jonathan
27 Sep 2004, 10:13
Ditto[:D]
Although It's a shame more v-flyers didnt show..
maybe next time more will!!
Virgin Atlantic