A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#232322 by Bazz
27 Aug 2004, 11:08
Calling All Frequent Virgins and FC Members,

We now have the date and venue for the 2005 FV Party. This is to be the FV Club's biggest bash ever with over 650 attending, it promises to be a great 'Do' [8D] Tickets go on general sale next week w/c 25/04/05.

It will be held at the Hilton Metropole, Brighton, on Saturday October the 8th. Tickets price now confirmed at only 40 per head. Tables of ten and 20 confirmed so we will fill our two tables. At this time the FV Club have only been able to guarantee two tables so any more than 20 will have to wait to see if they can release more after they satisfy their own requirements.

Please note this important message from the FV Club regarding cancellations/changes:

Once a ticket has been purchased it is not refundable but the name can be changed. This is as the hotel will charge us for any cancellations I'm afraid. I thought you may want to ensure your group are aware of this.

There are a number of rooms blocked off at the Hilton Metropole at 130 per night (Friday and/or Saturday) including breakfast. These are now on sale. There may also be some rooms blocked at the Grand for those who don't want to slum it at the Metropole [;)]

Please PM me with FV and FC numbers, room requests and any special dietary requirement.

As you will be aware from this thread we were unsuccessful in getting a table (or two) at the 2004 August party.

In order that we don't miss out in 2005 I have started this new thread to collect names of those who are interested, I will enter the names from the last thread and add new ones as we go along.

Twenty places are confirmed with VH so that means two full exclusive V-Flyer tables. We will be allocated more spaces if we need them so if others wish to come along and join the fun please add to this thread and we will see if we can fill a third table! [8D]

Purple colour indicates your room is booked, you will need to confirm this directly with the hotel and pay your own bill. (The special Virgin Holidays price of 130 per room per night incl Breakfast is for a double for single or double occupancy.) Our rooms are held under your own names in a block against V-Flyer.com. The Hilton Brighton Metropole Hotel tel. 01273 775432

Bazz & Birkin Confirmed 2xFV
Pix Confirmed 1xFV
Mitchja Confirmed 1xFV
Mcuth Confirmed 1xGu
Jonathan + 1 Confirmed 2xGu
Buns4vs & Mrs Buns Confirmed 2xFV
Pegitt Confirmed 1xGu
RichardMannion + 1 Confirmed 1xFV 1xGu
Decker & Mrs Decker Confirmed 2xGu
LukeW & Mrs LukeW Confirmed 2xGu
iforres1 & Mrs iforres1 Confirmed 2xGu
Ian and Mrs Ian Confirmed 2xGu
preiffer Confirmed

To be confirmed:

7 x FV = Frequent Virgin; 14 x Gu = Guest

21 confirmed [y], we now have enough people confirmed to fill the two tables (one of 11 and one of 10) that the FV Club have been able to allocate for VF.

If there are more of you who have not yet put your names down but who would like to come along, please add your names to this thread. It is likely we may have some more space after the FV Club have assessed their own requirements.

Those of you that have not yet done so, please confirm via PM ASAP, thanks, Barry.
#514644 by Jonathan
27 Aug 2004, 11:48
Bazz,
I didn't even need to ask you to add my name!

hmm not sure what that means! - I you suggesting im a party animal[:D][8D][;)][:p]
#514647 by Bazz
27 Aug 2004, 11:59
quote:Originally posted by Jonathan
Bazz,
I didn't even need to ask you to add my name!

hmm not sure what that means! - I you suggesting im a party animal[:D][8D][;)][:p]

I cheated and took your name from the old topic [;)]

Jonathan, I've read your posts, I KNOW you are a party animal [:D]
#514729 by pegitt
27 Aug 2004, 22:31
I'm not a VHF but would like to come along if poss

Cheers

Phil
#514760 by Bazz
28 Aug 2004, 12:38
Pegitt, I will add you to the list with the same proviso as Michael and Jonathan.
#514761 by pegitt
28 Aug 2004, 12:49
Cheers Mate

Phil
#514796 by RichardMannion
28 Aug 2004, 19:39
Hi Bazz,

You better slap my name down on the list too, as I need to buy that first round as promised to make up for the neglect of the first party...

On the guest front, I think we'll be okay as I remember seeing huge parties of guest taking entire tables last time.

Thanks,
Richard
#514863 by mitchja
30 Aug 2004, 11:59
Bazz

Thanks for already adding my name!!!!! [:D] [:D]

I'll be more than happy to have a non-FVC member as my guest.

Regards
#515590 by fozzyo
06 Sep 2004, 16:43
Put down Wolves27 and myself down for it ... we can always be persuaded to go to a party that involves Virgin, drinking, merryment and embarrasing photos.

Foz xx
:o)
#518864 by Sarz
21 Oct 2004, 18:06
Hello

I actually run the Frequent Virgin Club (FVC) at Virgin Holidays and organise our annual party. To join the FVC you just need to have taken or booked 3 Virgin Holidays. It doesn't matter when or how as long as they are a Virgin Holiday. So if you aren't a member then what are you waiting for!

Once a member you can attend our wicked party and bring along guests. As you are all aware these parties are so popular they sell out very fast so keep an eye out on our website for details: http://www.virginholidays.com/frequent

I'm actually quite flattered that you all deem our party to be a must in your social calendars [:I] so I really hope you make it next time!

Cheers [:D]
Sarah Leach
#518870 by Pete
21 Oct 2004, 19:15
Hi Sarah,

There's quite a few of us already in the FVC (myself included), so I think it's safe to say we'll be wanting at least one table at the next party. A couple of us were at the 18th Birthday, and we would have gone to the August bash apart from *ahem* a slight oversight by LROM.

Pix
#518920 by Bazz
22 Oct 2004, 10:50
Hi Sarah,

Welcome aboard, as pix says quite a few of the members here are Frequent Virgins as well as FC members (including me). We are looking forward to this years Party and have about a dozen expressing interest so far, a number which I expect to grow as we get nearer the event and the hipe begins. [:)]

As you suggest, we will keep an eye on the site but please feel free to post any info you may have concerning the party to this topic. [;)]
#518976 by RichardMannion
22 Oct 2004, 12:50
Look I got enough moaning from Pix on Weds at the Cinnamon Club about this years slight oversight on the August FVC party...

Sarah, thank you for your post - I think we'll be filling at least one or two tables with V-Flyers at the next party - that means if you have a repeat of the stellar competition you had for the 18th event, at least one or two of us would win a cool prize! [:)]

Do we have any idea on date yet, as of course this is a highlight to our social calendar [:)]

Thanks,
Richard
#521740 by Jonathan
25 Nov 2004, 13:57
I thought I'd post this link So people can see what the 2004 party was like

Also you can see Sarah Leach (who posted in this thread) as she is on the first pic[:D]
#521932 by mitchja
26 Nov 2004, 20:02
Hi Sarah and Welcome [:)]

I'm also a FVC member and am looking forward to making it to the FVC party this year for sure [:D]

Keep up the excellent work you guys do with the FVC.

Regards
#530170 by DeltaMike
08 Mar 2005, 04:33
If you're still accepting names, put me down as a tentative! I've now been relocated to the US, but will still be travelling LAX <-> LHR so as long as I sort my flights out, and the dates are announced reasonably up front, then I can be there...

Don't wanna turn up as a BillyNoMates, so if guests are permitted, then please add 1 for me...

Dave
#530183 by Sarz
08 Mar 2005, 10:22
Hello again!

I just wanted to give you all heads up on this years FVC party.

It will be held at the Hilton Metropole in Brighton on Saturday 8th October 05. Tickets are not on general sale yet but as I said before it would be great if some of our Frequent Flyers could join us this year. Therefore if you are interested in coming along to boogey [8D] the night away drop me a line at [email protected] and I will keep you up to date of when tickets go on sale.

Hope to see some of you there! [:D]

Sarah
#530185 by Pete
08 Mar 2005, 10:46
Hi Sarah,

I think we're planning to fill one or two tables :-)

Bazz, given this heads up from Sarah, it might be an idea to collate the various FVC membership numbers + guest requirements from interested parties and send a note to Sarah with an early request for what we'll need.

I'll PM you my FVC number (once I can dig out the card... [;)])

Pete
#530193 by Bazz
08 Mar 2005, 11:55
Hi Sarah,

Thanks for that, we will be in touch shortly with some numbers.

Barry
#530195 by Bazz
08 Mar 2005, 12:02
Right fellow v-flyers, now that we have a date and venue, albeit no ticket or accomodation costs yet, can those of you who have expressed interest already (listed in my first post in this thread) plus any others please let me know if you still wish to come, I am conscious that this date places it close the to the LAS trip which might be a bit tight for some also Brighton may be a bit difficult for some.

Those of you that are interested and are FVs please PM me with your FV number so we can start to determine member/guest ratio.

Barry
#530206 by mcuth
08 Mar 2005, 13:14
quote:Originally posted by Bazz
can those of you who have expressed interest already (listed in my first post in this thread) plus any others please let me know if you still wish to come

Count me in - not a FV though, so I need to be a guest if someone'll sign me in please [:D]

Cheers

Michael
#530214 by RichardMannion
08 Mar 2005, 13:45
Yes - I will be attending, plus guest. I've just dropped Sarah a mail to express my interest.

I just need to find out my FVC card now....

Thanks,
Richard
#530218 by Pete
08 Mar 2005, 14:03
Richard, (and others thinking of going in the V-Flyer posse),

Probably best to do all the communications through Bazz rather than contact Sarah directly. It'll be less confusing for Sarah, and less chance of us all being split up.

Pete
#530238 by mitchja
08 Mar 2005, 15:53
Count me in [:D]

PM on it's way to Bazz with my FVC number

I'm sure I can squeeze in a non-FVC member as a guest too [;)]

Regards
#530267 by buns
08 Mar 2005, 20:33
Bazz

Count me & Mrs Buns in please[:D][:D]

PM with FVC number on its way.