A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#232913 by fozzyo
11 Oct 2004, 22:51
Dean (Wolves27) and I are planning a trip to see the latest show from the excellent Pam Ann in December and wondered if any V-Flyers would like to join us.

Pam Ann, written and played by Caroline Reid, is a Sixties air hostess from hell who battles with every flight crew's nightmare - the paying customer. As Head Purser of an airline that is proud to never make the same mistake more then 2, 3 err sometimes 4 times you will be in for a flight like no other. The safety video makes the trip worth while, how many other airlines have Chanel life jackets?

The show is on at the Bloomsbury Theatre in London (near Euston) in December, the blurb for the show is as follows:

quote:Flying with Winter Wonder-Pam is the very best of Pam Ann and from boarding to landing, she's in charge. The quintessential air- hostess (circa 1968) will prove to be the shiniest star this Christmas as she takes to the skies for her biggest, brightest flight yet.

The trolley dolley from hell guarantees first-class comedy having packed out Soho Theatre in 2003. Her new seasonal spectacular comes hot on the heels of a UK arena tour with Cher and sell-out runs in New York and Sydney.

Fasten your seatbelts, stow your designer hand luggage and join Pam Ann for the flight of your life.[/quote]

One passenger on her Edinburgh Fringe flight (Come Fly With Me) said:

quote:Pam Ann's show was the most funny comedy show I have ever seen. This hillarious bitch will make you laugh your guts into the nearest sick-bag. Saw her yesterday and I love her show. (Especially the good tips about how to react in case of terrorism attack - will help me a lot back home in Israel)[/quote]

If you like airlines, seeing cabin crew have the piss taken out of them, airline humour and the potential for audience participation - I was once removed from First Class at the front of the theatre and put in Economy at the back - then you will love Pam!

For some more info have a look at show website - http://www.thebloomsbury.com/shows/show.php?run=000719

We are currently thinking Sat 18th December, if your interested let me know and we'll see what we can sort out.

Thanks
Foz :o)
#518124 by Decker
12 Oct 2004, 00:11
If we're around we're interested! Also Kit and the Widow at the fringe indicated they'd be doing a Tom Lehrer tribute at some stage so same offer applies :)
#518262 by highflyer-e17
13 Oct 2004, 22:29
Hey Guys...just to let you know Caroline Reid aka Pam Ann also does various shows around 'certain' london bars - these shows always tend to be a little more 'near the mark' and you can always fade into the background if she happens to pick on you - saw her recently and she ripped a united stewardess to shreds!!! Oh what fun to watch!!!
#518556 by Wolves27
18 Oct 2004, 15:26
she's a god isn't she [:D]

dean
#518557 by Pete
18 Oct 2004, 15:34
I'm up for that. I missed her in Edinburgh a couple of years ago, even though I had tickets [:(]

Pix
#518626 by fozzyo
19 Oct 2004, 00:57
Cool! Anyone else interested?

I'll PM people before booking to confirm numbers and other details.

Thx
#518826 by Decker
21 Oct 2004, 13:55
Mrs D also up for it :)
#518837 by fozzyo
21 Oct 2004, 15:03
Dean flew back from Hong Kong today and is back home this afternoon so I'll have a quick chat with him and we'll get it all booked. :)

Glad you can come - i'm sure you'll enjoy it.

#518838 by Jonathan
21 Oct 2004, 15:07
I'll go too I can get a free helper too[:D] (being a wheelchair user)
So I'll book independantly..

So shall we draw straws for the helper?
#518840 by fozzyo
21 Oct 2004, 15:15
Just called the theatre, they have great wheelchair accessibility. Unfortunately there aren't seats available directly next to the wheelchair area but we can get some nearby. You also get one free companion ticket with the wheelchair user.

So far we have:

Me
Wolves27
Pix
Decker & Mrs Decker
Jonathon
#518843 by Jonathan
21 Oct 2004, 15:33
I called the theatre too and spookily got the same info!![8D][:D][;)]
#518846 by fozzyo
21 Oct 2004, 15:43
They started listing all the lifts that go to each floor and each level. Very nice of them I know, but a simple Yes would have done. [:)]

And apparently you get an excellent view.

#518953 by fozzyo
22 Oct 2004, 12:17
Any more takers for this unique flying experience? I'll be booking it in a few days so if your interested let me know.

Thanks
#519444 by fozzyo
27 Oct 2004, 12:02
For those who have shown interest above i have booked the tickets. Having missed the show last year and knowing how it will book up i was getting paranoid about missing out again.

If anyone else would like to come along please let me know, we can book more seats.

Thanks
#523978 by Wolves27
19 Dec 2004, 23:40
Just to say it was a great night last night. Good to see people again and for the chance to try Wagyu beef!

Hope you all enjoyed Pam Ann. We certainly did and fozzyo and me have seen her loads of times. The safety video still cracks me up!

See you all again in January!

Dean
#524013 by Decker
20 Dec 2004, 13:33
It was a blast - sorry to scarper off so quickly but I'm away in Liege again this week and have been out quite a bit recently so was looking forward to being home! Pam Ann was great - I'd definitely go see her again - and what a load of BA crew there! Almost felt sorry for the EasyJet mob [;)]

Lovely to see everyone again - see you all at the party!
Virgin Atlantic