A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#235516 by Bazz
17 Apr 2005, 21:02
ALL MEMBERS AND GUESTS WELCOME - WE ARE HOPING TO GET A BIGGER TURN OUT OF V-FLYERS ABOARD THIS YEAR!

We have fixed the date for the second annual V-Flyer Boat Party, it will be on Saturday 23 July departing from Maidenhead. We will be on the MV Southern Comfort, themed along the lines of a Mississippi Stern Wheeler.

Monies are now requested from all you jolly sailors [;)] you can pay by PayPal to my account; [email protected] the amount to pay is 46.79 (PayPal then deduct 3.4% + 20p for their commission) or PM me for the details if you wish to pay by BACS. I need either the full amount or a deposit of 25 now and the balance (20) by 8th July please.

The Thames Hotel will once again be offering rooms at special rates for V-Flyers [^]

Here are the details, the rooms are held under a V-Flyer block and you should mention V-Flyer when booking. All V-Flyers and guests to responsible for settling their own accounts.

Prices are as follows and are per room per night, for Saturday 23 July and will also be offered for Friday 22nd for those of you wanting to make a weekend of it:

Executive Room 70.00
Triple (family) Room 70.00
Double room 60.00
Single room 40.00
Double room for single occupancy 45.00

All prices include full English breakfast and VAT.

Telephone: 01628 628721, Fax: 01628 773921, email: [email protected]

You can find their website here for those of you who want to have a nose around. [:)]

The price per head to cover boat hire and buffet will be 45, there are limited places so please reserve your ticket early [8D]

We currently have booked her for five hours of cruising from 19:00 to midnight.

I will add names below as people sign up. We have to confirm the booking in the next two weeks so please sign up early [y]

So far we have:

Bazz
NottinghamNick, Mrs Nick and Nick Jnr
RichardMannion
Decker & Mrs Decker
Mcuth

Tony T & Mrs T
Pegitt
Easygoingeezer + other arf (Steve) Unfortunately Egg can't make it.
sailor99
Onionz
PatDavies
ChuckC Unfortunately due to personal reasons Chuck is unable to attend, better luck next year Chuck!
Airbus & friend John's guest can't come.
Jonathan + girl friend
Pixuk

Yes our leader is now able to attend, great news Pete! Running total now 18, ...come on guys and girls, now would be a very good time to commit yourselves and have some good ol' V-Flyer fun!!!
#535043 by Nottingham Nick
17 Apr 2005, 21:07
Myself, Mrs Nick and Nick Jr. are up for it. [8D]

The family want to come with me 'cos they are sick of hearing me talk about what a great trip it was last year [:I][:I]

Bazz, has any approach been made to the hotel again? Sorry I can't remember its name [:I]

Nick
#535045 by Bazz
17 Apr 2005, 21:15
Nick, the hotel is called the Thames Hotel, it is on the corner of Ray Mead Road and Ray Park Road, right on the riverbank, for those of you who didn't attend last year. I will put a link to their website in the opening post. They will do us a similar deal to last year, maybe a bit better if we need more rooms!
#535054 by Decker
17 Apr 2005, 23:10
Mrs D and I....
#535058 by mcuth
17 Apr 2005, 23:39
Aye, stick me down for a place Bazz [;)]

Cheers

Michael
#535064 by Tony T
18 Apr 2005, 00:42
Bazz. We've never met yet but mrs T and I would like to join the party. Do we book the hotel direct or are you organising a group booking. I'm looking forward to meeting all the names I've seen on this site.
#535074 by Bazz
18 Apr 2005, 09:20
Hi Tony,

I will add you and Mrs T to the list.

I am just finalising details with the hotel, there will be a block of rooms set aside and you will be able to make your own arrangements with them.

I will post here when it is all set up, probably later this week.
#535166 by mitchja
18 Apr 2005, 16:25
Sorry guys I won't be able to make it as I'll be diving in the Bahamas. Tough job but someone's got to do it [:D]

Regards
#535167 by Bazz
18 Apr 2005, 16:27
That's a pity James, can't you rearrange [:p][;)]
#535230 by buns
18 Apr 2005, 22:00
Bazz

I really am sorry, but C**k up on the diary front[:I][:I] - will be out of the country[:(][:(]

This is an absolute travesty for me as I would have really liked to have been there as the last trip was such an excellent evening and it would have been great to meet up with everyone again. This will be the first social I will have missed, hope everyone has a great time

buns
#535283 by pegitt
19 Apr 2005, 05:09
Bazz,

You Can count me in.

Cheers

Phil
#535302 by Bazz
19 Apr 2005, 10:49
quote:Originally posted by buns4vs
Bazz

I really am sorry, but C**k up on the diary front[:I][:I] - will be out of the country[:(][:(]

This is an absolute travesty for me as I would have really liked to have been there as the last trip was such an excellent evening and it would have been great to meet up with everyone again. This will be the first social I will have missed, hope everyone has a great time

buns

Andrew, that is a pity, we hoped you and Mrs Buns would be there, you will have to wait to the Third Annual trip now [:D][;)]
#535303 by Bazz
19 Apr 2005, 10:50
quote:Originally posted by pegitt
Bazz,

You Can count me in.

Cheers

Phil

Okay Phil, you are on da list! [y]
#535385 by Littlejohn
19 Apr 2005, 16:04
Bazz

I understand that the 23rd will be a fine and sunny evening, so good choice.

So for those of us who are not 'in the know', what does the evening involve. I see that Nottingham Nick will be bringing along Nottingham Jnr, so it is presumably family friendly. And I see there is a buffet. But what else? Will we be the only people or is the booking shared?
#535390 by Nottingham Nick
19 Apr 2005, 16:32

I should say from the outset that Nick Jr will be almost 16 at the time of the trip, I would have thought the late finish (midnight..ish when we docked last year) may put off those with younger families.

Last year we had the boat to ourselves, we met up at the Thames Hotel (in the bar funnily enough [:I][8D] ) and then it was short walk to board the boat.

We sailed down the Thames, then turned round and came back[:)]. There were some great views of the spectacular riverside properties, until it got dark, then we just mingled, chatted, ate and drank. [:D][:D]

The boat docked in the same place and the more hardy among the party adjourned to the hotel bar, whilst the rest of us called it a night [:I]

A trip report and photos can be found here

Nick
#535391 by Bazz
19 Apr 2005, 16:33
Hi sailor99,

Yes it will be a family friendly cruise. Spouses and junior v-flyers welcome as are guests. The boat will be hired for our sole use so no other parties aboard.

There will be a finger buffet similar to that which we had last year and which; I think all agreed, was good value and sufficient in quantity and choice.

We have agreement with a local hotel for reduced rate accommodation Friday and Saturday or Saturday only, more on this to follow shortly.

Please post any other questions you may have.

Barry (Bazz)
#535402 by Decker
19 Apr 2005, 17:03
The more the merrier Egg old boy....
#535403 by easygoingeezer
19 Apr 2005, 17:06
cool, that weekend goes on the askin for work leave, oops i'm the boss
so yes i can have that weekend off, lol. and the other arf is my accountant/pa so I guess i will sign his holiday leave[:D]
#535405 by Decker
19 Apr 2005, 17:09
Excellent! You can regale us with your '6 Feet Under' Fisher and son style anecdotes...[;)]
#535410 by fozzyo
19 Apr 2005, 17:25
Oh bugger!

That evening we can't make it. [:(]

I'm sure you will all have fun and drink more then you think becoming of ladies and gentlemen folk.

Mr. F and I aren't doing too well this year with V-F socials and stuff. Have fun without us, we'll raise a Blue Cocktail to you.

Foz :o)
#535412 by Littlejohn
19 Apr 2005, 17:32
quote:Originally posted by Nottingham Nick

I should say from the outset that Nick Jr will be almost 16 at the time of the trip, I would have thought the late finish (midnight..ish when we docked last year) may put off those with younger families.

Oh! Now I know that its not the sort of thing for young children that makes all the difference: Can't stand them[:)]

As its a boat, I think you'll need to take a sailor along. Put me down, and I'll ask the rear admiral if she can make it next time I see her.

Tootle pip.

#535418 by Littlejohn
19 Apr 2005, 17:52
quote:Originally posted by easygoingeezer
Hello sailor, lol[;)]

[:)]
From Diamond Geezer to Cheeky Chappie in one easy step - nice one.[:D]

Virgin Atlantic