A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#672222 by RichardMannion
20 Jan 2008, 18:27
Originally posted by Neil
Originally posted by RichardMannion
Can I propose we go proper white-trash, and have breakfast on Saturday or Sunday morning at a local Tesco/Sainsbury cafe - the 2.99 special.

[:0] I am most glad we are not around for either of the mornings. How common[:w]

It looks like most of the confirmed Sat night people are happy to go for a curry so might I suggest we book somewhere, we can always cancel if we decide differently but at least we will have something booked.

Damn, I forgot you had to be in before the Hull curfew. Maybe we will have to rehtink the Tesco breakfast as we were counting on your discount card....[:w]

Right - for Indian, there is this place in Deansgate:
http://www.toptable.co.uk/venues/restaurants/?id=2326
http://www.shimlapinksmanchester.com

Thanks,
Richard
#672224 by Neil
20 Jan 2008, 18:37
Right - for Indian, there is this place in Deansgate:
http://www.toptable.co.uk/venues/restaurants/?id=2326
http://www.shimlapinksmanchester.com

Thanks,
Richard

I was just looking too and had found the exact same place. Deansgate is only a 5/10min or so drive from the Trafford Centre too. Only prob is they don't accept Amex[ii][:D], but otherwise looks good to me.
#672226 by Darren Wheeler
20 Jan 2008, 18:43
It could be quite embarrassing as I suspect that such fancy foods as sold by Tesco might be too rich for Neil. Might get messy [}:)]
#672232 by Wolves27
20 Jan 2008, 19:48
I've always found Shimla Pinks a bit more style than substance, but can appreciate LRoM would never be seen in Rusholme [:p]
#672235 by Darren Wheeler
20 Jan 2008, 20:04
If anyone is around, we could do Sunday lunch at the Malmaison using the offer I posted:
http://www.v-flyer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22838

14 each for 2 courses, wine and coffee.

Thanks,
Richard

That would be perfect for me as it's right across the road from the train station. Long lunch and home. [y]
#672342 by fozzyo
21 Jan 2008, 20:43
Guys and Gals I have 20 places booked at LaserQuest at 5:00pm on Saturday, later then I'd hoped for and my apologies for not getting it organised sooner to get an earlier time. They do have slots earlier in the afternoon but we couldn't do that as a group.

It's 4.50 each (payable on the day) but if you can confirm if you will be coming that will be appreciated. If anyone wants to have practice games earlier in the afternoon I'd suggest you call them on 0161 755 0600 (option 5 - if you get cut off call again) to book a time slot. Hope this ok with everyone.

The Concorde tour finishes at the airport at 1:30pm(ish). I'm looking at transfer options between the airport and town / Trafford centre and will have something sorted very shortly. I may drive between so will have room for three people, but need to check how this affects parking first.

If anyone needs to get in touch with me before the weekend or on the weekend please call me on 07921 398 412.

Thanks
Mat xx
#672347 by RichardMannion
21 Jan 2008, 21:39
Right my good people, we need to nail down dinner on Saturday evening as I've not heard much of a peep out of some of you:

Fozz and I have just looked around and trying to cater for all, and we are down to a choice of these:

Indian at Shimla Pinks:
http://www.shimlapinksmanchester.com/

or

Hard Rock Cafe:
http://www.hardrockcafe.com/locations/c ... s_eats.pdf

Both are a short walk from Deansgate.

Stand up and be counted.

Thanks,
Richard
#672350 by HighFlyer
21 Jan 2008, 21:51
We're up for Lazerquest, and will likely be driving so should be able to give a few people a lift if need be.

As for dinner? Curry!!!!! Shimla Pinks for me please!

Thanks,
Sarah
#672355 by Nottingham Nick
21 Jan 2008, 22:10
Could Chris and I have two places for the Laser Quest, please? We will leave Sue chatting with Mrs Buns somewhere in the Trafford Centre - unless, of course Mrs Buns signs up for the Laser Quest too.[:D]

There will then be three of us for the evening meal. I am happy to go with the flow there. Curry / Pizza / Hard Rock are all fine with us.

Nick
#672358 by Darren Wheeler
21 Jan 2008, 22:22
Laserquest for me too.
Dinner:- Shimla Pink

Would be grateful for a lift as sans car.
#672360 by Vegascrazy
21 Jan 2008, 22:45
Shimla Pink for me & Steve.
No Laser Quest for us.

Not sure about Dan (Glider Pilot), will give him a nudge and get him to reply this evening.

Cheers
James
#672374 by Neil
22 Jan 2008, 08:24
Yup for Laserquest and Curry sounds good to us also.

We will also be able to help with transport for 3 people if required as we were going to come meet you at the Concorde place for when you are finishing.

Neil
#672388 by mitchja
22 Jan 2008, 10:58
For those that are driving to the Concorde attraction, take junction 6 off the M56. If coming from the Manchester city centre/M60 end that's the junction after the Manchester airport junction (I seem to remember it's also marked as the cargo/freight terminal). From the M6 end it's the junction before the Manchester airport one on the M56.

Go all the way round the roundabout onto the A538 towards Wilmslow for a few miles ([:?] cant remeber exactly how far it is) then turn left into Sunbank Lane, by The Romper public house, then right onto Wilmslow Old Road and follow to the end.

If you get to the tunnel which goes under the runway on the A538, you have gone too far!

Map here

You can also get to the viewing park/Concorde area from within the airport peremeter but it's a bit of a pain as you have to follow Thorley Lane past the Etrop Hotel (the road you go down to reach the Q Park car park which is just off the T2 roundabout) then take Runger Lane which runs along side the T2 long stay car park all the way round until you reach the A538.

Map here

Regards
#672415 by Vegascrazy
22 Jan 2008, 18:00
OK, have spoken to Dan and Steve and confirm the following:

All three of us up for curry
All three of us up for Laser Quest (contrary to earlier post...sorry Mat!)

Cheers
James
#672419 by fozzyo
22 Jan 2008, 18:28
Faab! I've updated first post with LQ goers. Just trying to work out transport for Concorde ... brain not working at the moment but will try and get it into gear!
#672420 by VS075
22 Jan 2008, 18:40
The more I read this thread the more I wish I was coming, real shame I can't make it. [:#]

Anyway I hope you all have a great weekend and I look forward to reading the aftermath reports and seeing some pics. [y]

P.S. Don't go to the Hard Rock Cafe, went in there over a year ago for lunch and it was a rip-off...although I understand that the price is probably of no object to a few people. [;)]
#672425 by buns
22 Jan 2008, 19:01
Originally posted by Nottingham Nick
We will leave Sue chatting with Mrs Buns somewhere in the Trafford Centre - unless, of course Mrs Buns signs up for the Laser Quest too.[:D]

There will then be three of us for the evening meal. I am happy to go with the flow there. Curry / Pizza / Hard Rock are all fine with us.

Nick

If it is not too late, can I also put in for Laserquest??

Mrs Buns would be happy to join Sue in whatever would be appropriate for the use of VS credit Cards or similar.

Unfortunately Curry cannot be on our Agenda, so we will bow out of the evening function - perhaps meeting up afterwards for the usual nightcap(s)[}:)][}:)][}:)]

buns
#672488 by mitchja
23 Jan 2008, 10:54
Sorry for the delay, but can you please also put me down for LaserQuest if it's not too late. Thanks [:)]

I've also got wheels (now it's back from the PUG zoo [:w])

Yet more changes of plans here, sorry [:I], but I now wont be able to make the LaserQuest due to other commitments. Still visiting Concorde though [:)]

Regards
#672681 by fozzyo
24 Jan 2008, 22:54
Just to let everyone know, the table is booked at Shimla Pinks for 8:30pm now. On Saturday I may see if we can bring it forward a little to 8:00pm depending on what everyone wants to do.

Mat
#672692 by Wolves27
25 Jan 2008, 09:27
Excellent!
Looking forward to seeing everybody tonight and tomorrow [y]

Dean
#672702 by Vegascrazy
25 Jan 2008, 10:59
Us too! Steve, Daniel & I will be arriving at the apts around 22:00 (flight due into MAN at 21.20).....Darren, have PM'd you regarding our contribution nibble/drinkie-wise to the soiree, happy to pick up some bits at LGW later [:)]
Virgin Atlantic