18 Jan 2008, 21:44
Good wine list...[:D]

I suppose we can ask them to cut it up small for Neil? [:w]
#672119 by RichardMannion
18 Jan 2008, 21:45
Originally posted by Darren Wheeler
Good wine list...[:D]

I suppose we can ask them to cut it up small for Neil? [:w]

As long as he brings his bib, sure one of us can remember our blenders.
#672120 by Darren Wheeler
18 Jan 2008, 21:59
We can find a high chair too.

But I absolutely draw the line at winding him!!!
#672121 by Darren Wheeler
19 Jan 2008, 00:04
For those staying in the Apartments, on the Friday afternoon/evening I am thinking of opening my door for a little reception with maybe a selection of wine available and perhaps some nibbles.

Any takers, so I can cater....?
#672122 by RichardMannion
19 Jan 2008, 00:08
For those staying in the Apartments, on the Friday afternoon/evening I am thinking of opening my door for a little reception with maybe a selection of wine available and perhaps some nibbles.

Only if you have Black Tower and Blue Nun on offer; Snowaballs/Babycham as a backup [}:)]
#672123 by pjh
19 Jan 2008, 00:46
Originally posted by Vegascrazy
My two pennies worth....middle of the road price wise >>

http://www.lefigarorestaurants.co.uk/index.html

Cheers
James

Have to love a bit of cheek here....the picture of the 4 blokes on the pavement is actually outside Sam's Chop House, not Le Figaro, which is actually just to the left of the photographer. Sam's does a great Corned Beef Hash...

Regardless of the venue for eats (BTW, many chip shops do an excellent Hollands' cheese and onion pie for those with late night munchies) I hope you all have a great time and look forward to the reports!
#672127 by Darren Wheeler
19 Jan 2008, 08:26
Originally posted by RichardMannion

Only if you have Black Tower and Blue Nun on offer; Snowaballs/Babycham as a backup [}:)]

With cheese and pineapple on sticks?
#672140 by HighFlyer
19 Jan 2008, 13:11
With cheese and pineapple on sticks?

Yup, stuck neatly into a foil 'hedgehog' [:D]

Thanks,
Sarah
#672160 by mitchja
19 Jan 2008, 15:18
Due to various things arrising here (a couple of unexpected bills now means a lack of funds tied with work commitments) I am only now able to pop in and show my face on Saturday for the Concorde trip sorry [:I]

I've cancelled my Premier Appartment booking.

Regards
#672162 by HighFlyer
19 Jan 2008, 15:39
That's a shame James, but truly understand.

Thanks,
Sarah
#672167 by Neil
19 Jan 2008, 16:20
Ignoring the p*ss taking for just 1 second, if I am being honest that menu doesn't overly appeal but we will quite happily go with the majority.

I too am sorry you won't be around for longer on the Saturday James, but still hope to be able to at least say hi before you have to go.

Neil
#672171 by Vegascrazy
19 Jan 2008, 17:07

Sounds a great idea Darren [y] Myself, Steve & Daniel arrive after 9 at MAN so guess we'll arrive at apts a little before 10. Let us know what we can contribute? I think Buns's are also on our flight so perhaps we'll all arrive together!

Really looking forward to next weekend [:D]

James
#672178 by Wolves27
19 Jan 2008, 19:14
Well we're driving up in the car and will probably be in Manchester on the Friday for about five, half five.

Happy to bring plenty wine with us (I should have had my 3000 miles earning box arrived by then) if we're gonna crash your apartment Darren. I think this will be better option than trying to find a bar around that neck of the woods....the Printworks is fairly busy and raucus on a Friday night and Saturday. Not best for a good catch up.

The restaurant sounds fine to me. I'm guessing we'll need to book that asap as Mancs on a weekend (especially if there's a match on can be very very busy) Another option is Pizza Express, right outside the printworks. I'll probably end up in McTucky's later that night anyway [:D]
#672187 by Vegascrazy
19 Jan 2008, 23:23
Pizza Express is always pretty good! Then again, nothing beats a curry for me [;)]
#672188 by HighFlyer
19 Jan 2008, 23:57
Originally posted by Vegascrazy
Then again, nothing beats a curry for me [;)]

Ditto [:)]

We really ought to nail down who is about on Saturday night for a meal, regardless of where we go as we'll need to book. Can anyome who'll be about give us a 'yay' so we can get an idea of numbers and cuisine preferred?.

We've definitely got -

HighFlyer & RichardMannion
Wolves27 & FozzyO
VegasCrazy, s-pressobean & GliderPilot
Darren Wheeler
(AKA Curry Monsters)
Pete, Marcus & Patrick
Mr & Mrs Buns
Neil & Luke

Thanks,
Sarah
#672190 by Wolves27
20 Jan 2008, 00:23
I'm up for Eritrean..... [:p]

Personally I'm fine with anything so will go also go along with anything.

Aggree with the following things that have said before:
Can't think of any good curry houses in the centre of Manchester, but there are meant to many good ones in Rusholme. I know there's a couple of V-Flyer's who arn't a big fan of curry so lets try and please everybody.

So will say yay to Pizza, Curry, Chinatown
#672201 by Vegascrazy
20 Jan 2008, 12:19
Buns' are on our flight Friday eve so am sure they'll be up for food on the Sat eve. Not sure what their preferences are....over to you Andrew [:)] James M mentioned not liking curry but as J's no longer around for the meal does that mean the rest of us have a swing towards curry? As with Dan & Mat though, Steve & I are easy when it comes to food!

James
#672202 by Pete
20 Jan 2008, 12:35
There are three of us for a meal on Sat - aswell as Marcus, Patrick is coming up too.

Curry or Pizza/Italian work best for me.
#672206 by Neil
20 Jan 2008, 15:03
We will still be around on the Sat night, only just over an hours drive back home so we were going to have some food with you guys (if we are invited) and then head back not long afterwards.

We both like curry, but as I have said we will just go along with what you regulars want.

Neil
#672207 by Glider Pilot
20 Jan 2008, 15:54
Hi

Im happy with curry or italian. Will go with the flow! Although we prob will need to book...
#672210 by RichardMannion
20 Jan 2008, 16:52
Can I propose we go proper white-trash, and have breakfast on Saturday or Sunday morning at a local Tesco/Sainsbury cafe - the 2.99 special.
#672212 by HighFlyer
20 Jan 2008, 17:05
I've added the list to the front page of evening dinner attendees confirmed so far. I'm assuming Nick and family and Reiffer are also in attendance? We are currently at 15 people so i think we need to decide quite quickly where we want to go (or at least a few options) and look at booking something, otherwise we might well be doing Burger King [:)]

Thanks,
Sarah
#672213 by Darren Wheeler
20 Jan 2008, 17:43
Can I propose we go proper white-trash, and have breakfast on Saturday or Sunday morning at a local Tesco/Sainsbury cafe - the 2.99 special.

Oh how delightfully common. [;)] I must remember my shell suit and burberry baseball cap. [y]

Would certainly save me cooking, and the associated evacuation of the Apartments[:#]
#672215 by Neil
20 Jan 2008, 18:01

[:0] I am most glad we are not around for either of the mornings. How common[:w]

It looks like most of the confirmed Sat night people are happy to go for a curry so might I suggest we book somewhere, we can always cancel if we decide differently but at least we will have something booked.
Virgin Atlantic