A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#252975 by preiffer
30 Jan 2008, 22:53
Right, boys and girls - it's that time again...

So, we TRIED to sort something out last year but failed miserably. THIS year, we really should get onto it, I say... I'm registered (registration opened today) and I'm pretty sure Ben will do soon as well. So, get cracking...!

Pete - you up for the 'fun run' if we can sort something? Remember - it's only 12km, that is done in ANY time under 4 hours(!). ie: You can WALK it in under 3 hours at a leisurely pace if you want! PLUS, there's a day of free concert/music and food stuff in the park for all participants [y]

Maybe a little Vegas hop just before (it's my birthday on the 12th... [:w])? Oh Daaaaave......

For those interested, here's the map:

[img]http://www.ingbaytobreakers.com/images/map.gif[/img]

Now, firmer details are becoming available:

Confirmed racing:
Pete
mcmbenjamin
preiffer
Juliet & Paul (Yay!)
RichardMannion
Highflyer
Decker (Ahem, 'maybe'...)

Confirmed will not be running not matter what Paul says
Scrooge

Confirmed attendees in SF:
Pete
mcmbenjamin
preiffer
ChuckC
Decker (?)
Juliet & Paul (Yay!)
RichardMannion
Highflyer
Decker (Ahem, 'maybe'...)

Confirmed attendees in Vegas:
Pete
mcmbenjamin
preiffer
Scrooge
RichardMannion
Highflyer

Flights (official 'party buses'):
14/May, UA955 (Pete) LHR-SFO
14/May, UA931 (preiffer) LHR-SFO
19/May, VX1773 (Pete, preiffer, mcmbenjamin) SFO-LAS
22/May, VX1764 (Pete, preiffer) LAS-SFO
25/May, VS020 (Pete, preiffer) SFO-LHR

'Official' Hotels:
San Francisco: 14-19/May, Westin St. Francis, Union Square (party room to be advised)
Las Vegas: 19-22/May, The Stratosphere, umm... Las Vegas baby, yeah!
South Lake Tahoe: 22-25/May (ooh, did we not mention that side trip...)

I think that's about it. Get them names added to the list....!
#433125 by Scrooge
31 Jan 2008, 00:02
Originally posted by preiffer

Maybe a little Vegas hop just before (it's my birthday on the 12th... [:w])? Oh Daaaaave......

Gentle hint

Look at my signature....

However..if you want to do it after..we will be back in town on the 21st I think..
#433132 by mcmbenjamin
31 Jan 2008, 00:40
Thanks for the reminder Paul. I too signed up.

Do sign up (if you have not, that is)! Would be a great event to train for! Hell the course is basically the best parts for the SF Marathon. When you sign up, consider the 'Technical Tee Upgrade' as it is a VERY nice shirt and worth the extra $30.00.

Tortillas for everyone!
#433136 by preiffer
31 Jan 2008, 00:44
Originally posted by Scrooge
Gentle hint

Look at my signature....

However..if you want to do it after..we will be back in town on the 21st I think..
Dooooode - where's all the love gone? I only sense aggression in your correspondence...

Do we need to do some special reiffey-dave time again, honey? [:w]
#433144 by Scrooge
31 Jan 2008, 01:40
See, you start thinking about doing a 12k mile trip in Y and look what happens.

Actually dude..if you remember, I did invite you along to the wedding, however she who thinks she must be obeyed has informed me that yet again I have the dates wrong...but she can't remember what the actual dates are [?] so there is a chance we will be in town for your birthday.
#433147 by Mrs Scrooge
31 Jan 2008, 05:22
Dooooode - where's all the love gone? I only sense aggression in your correspondence...

Do we need to do some special reiffey-dave time again, honey? [:w]

Paul, honey bear, a couple of points here....

First, I know that us Americans mess up the English language enough -but if my spelling is nearly as good as I think it is, Dooooode is not spelled correctly - I thought the English knew better than to completely create new spellings of words?!?! Or, is that my imagination? [:?]
I am also quite surprised that I caught this spelling error before Decker did - Decker, I am so dissappointed in you!! [n]

Second, if there is going to be any 'special reiffey-dave time again' - I think that you are beginning to scare me a bit....I guess that your thoughts of how I thought of you were more correct than I originally thought. (And I know this sentence makes absolutely no sense to anyone but you, Dave, and I, (and possibly Pete) and that scares me even more!)
If there is to be any special reiffey-dave time in the future, plan on me being there, video camera in hand, directing the action, and posting for all to enjoy on their video ipods on the next drive to Mojave - at least that would be better than listening to 'I'm a Barbie Girl' the whole drive....

Jenn
aka Mrs. Scrooge
#433148 by Scrooge
31 Jan 2008, 05:47
Ok..let the flaming begin.....I guess even LRoM is going to get to put the boot in after that one...f*ck [B)]

Oh..and hell of a first post hun..thanks b**ch
#433153 by Pete
31 Jan 2008, 10:32
Hmmm... Off Topic, or just 'get a room'?
#433163 by RichardMannion
31 Jan 2008, 11:10
Originally posted by Pete
Hmmm... Off Topic, or just 'get a room'?

But who gets the room? The Scrooges, or the davey-reiffey lock in? [:w]

Mmm, May time. Possibly, would need to check with Supreme Commander of the Mannion empire.
#433165 by Wolves27
31 Jan 2008, 11:42
I think even I could manage that.....

*just*
#433174 by Francesca
31 Jan 2008, 12:24
Thanks Jen - I'll be having nightmares tonight about that video, I'm already feeling a little queasy[:$]

Mrs D

xxx
#433193 by mcmbenjamin
31 Jan 2008, 14:50
Originally posted by Wolves27
I think even I could manage that.....

*just*

Oh just sign up... [}:)]
#433195 by Darren Wheeler
31 Jan 2008, 15:25
I'll just cheer you on from 5500 miles away. Far cheaper and much less energetic. [:D]
#433204 by Scrooge
31 Jan 2008, 16:45
Ok, we get back into town on the 14th, if you lunatics want to do a Vegas stop over before going for a run let me know and I will see what I can set up.
#433205 by RichardMannion
31 Jan 2008, 17:14
Ok, we get back into town on the 14th, if you lunatics want to do a Vegas stop over before going for a run let me know and I will see what I can set up.

Can you get us good rates at the Circus Circus? [:w]
What about help splitting 10's?
#433206 by Scrooge
31 Jan 2008, 17:17
Sorry Richard, can't help you there, anyways the clowns giving out the candy floss are long gone, the only clowns to be found are the ones wearing MS polo shirts looking for the $3.99 buffet.
#433207 by preiffer
31 Jan 2008, 17:19
Am thinking maybe a Vegas party AFTER the 18th would be an idea? Don't want to ruin all that 'training' Pete and Dean will be doing beforehand, do we?
#433208 by Scrooge
31 Jan 2008, 17:25
Am thinking maybe a Vegas party AFTER the 18th would be an idea? Don't want to ruin all that 'training' Pete and Dean will be doing beforehand, do we?

I was thinking it would be hard to drag you away from the tables kicking and screaming to make the flight to do the run.
#433209 by preiffer
31 Jan 2008, 17:26
[:D]

Plus, that Vegas breakfast of yours in the hotel won't do my running plan much good... [:p]
#433210 by Scrooge
31 Jan 2008, 17:27
Originally posted by RichardMannion

Mmm, May time. Possibly, would need to check with Supreme Commander of the Mannion empire.

Way to stick up for the male gender Richard....sad..just sad
#433219 by mcmbenjamin
31 Jan 2008, 19:45
Originally posted by RichardMannion

Way to stick up for the male gender Richard....sad..just sad

Supreme Commander Sarah,

I kindly invite you and your commandee Richard to SF for B2B. Oh please allow him out. Imagine the photos (and the shopping). If I only had better Photoshop skills....

Kindly,

'Da Pimp Bennie Koz
#433920 by preiffer
06 Feb 2008, 23:22
Guys, a 'rough' (well, booked, in many places!) plan has formed with a few definite attendees (Pete, myself, Ben, Chuck, Dave...)

And the following are the key dates:

14th May, people start arriving in SFO, staying at the Westin St. Francis, downtown SF.18th May, Race + Concert in GG park for the day19th May, some fly to Vegas, staying in the Strat22nd May, fly back from Vegas to SF26th May, fly home on the VS020

Soooooo..... if anyone wants to come along for any/all parts of it, shout! You never know, Virgin themselves MIGHT just be having some involvement in it all.. [:w][;)]
#433927 by Decker
06 Feb 2008, 23:54
Will be leaving Vegas on the 17th or thereabouts... arriving the previous weekend from Vancouver most likely
#433929 by preiffer
06 Feb 2008, 23:56
So - THAT sounds like someone's leaving Vegas to GO to SF. [y]

Or do you mean you're going to change your flight to the 20/21st, so you can meet us out there? Cool [:p]
#433935 by Decker
07 Feb 2008, 00:05
Flights not booked yet - looking like for 37,500 BAEC points and the same wonga as VS PE I can do CW out and F back....
Virgin Atlantic