A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#2554 by AlanA
10 Sep 2004, 13:16
just receieved this from Virgin:-

Dear flying club member,

We hope you are looking forward to this Saturday's party. However, should you decide that you would prefer to attend on Sunday 12th instead, I can now confirm that we have decided to make your Sat 11th tickets also valid for Sunday 12th, so you can choose which day you wish to attend. There is no need to let us know in advance, please just turn up at the gate with your tickets.

As previously mentioned, due to the large numbers attending the party and likely heavy traffic, you may experience some delays on route to the site, and we therefore advise you to plan your journey accordingly. Rest assured we will be doing all that we can to make your entry to the party as smooth as possible.

We look forward to seeing you at the weekend.

Kind regards

flying club
#40937 by JohnD
10 Sep 2004, 13:27
Whats the thought on this - are they worried about overcrowding etc - I have tickets for tomorrow[8)]
#40938 by Goldenoldie
10 Sep 2004, 13:42
May have something to do with the weather forecast; it is going to be bad on Sunday.
cheers
GO
#40946 by jaguarpig
10 Sep 2004, 14:48
I have a saturday ticket just got the email don't know what to do,we would probably have given it a miss with 16k people due tomorrow may give sunday a go and dust the barbour down.
#40956 by mitchja
10 Sep 2004, 17:04
no email here yet. I'm still on for Sunday.

Regards
#40957 by Nottingham Nick
10 Sep 2004, 17:06
If it wasn't for the meeting of V-Flyers last Saturday, Sunday would have been my day of choice.

I accept that the party isn't on as long, but six hours is more than enough time to see everything, and the lack of crowds / queues will more than compensate for your shorter time at the party.

Nick
#40962 by AlanA
10 Sep 2004, 17:56
quote:Originally posted by Nottingham Nick
If it wasn't for the meeting of V-Flyers last Saturday, Sunday would have been my day of choice.

I accept that the party isn't on as long, but six hours is more than enough time to see everything, and the lack of crowds / queues will more than compensate for your shorter time at the party.

Nick

Nick,
was there any chance of getting your picture taken with SRB?
TIA
#40966 by Nottingham Nick
10 Sep 2004, 18:35
quote:Originally posted by AlanA
Originally posted by Nottingham Nick

Nick,
was there any chance of getting your picture taken with SRB?
TIA

Alan,

Yes, if you arrive within a couple of hours of the gates opening.
When we arrived at 12.01pm, we were directed to the Flying Club carpark, which is a very short walk from the entrance.

At the gate there was SRB 'meeting and greeting', he took the time to say hello and pose for photos if you wanted. I undrstand that as he wandered round the event during the day, he was also happy to stop and pose for photos on request.

As it is a Virgin party, there are alos 4 Elvis Presleys on stilits and Bart & Homer Simpson close to the entrance, willing to pose for photos ;);)

Nick
Virgin Atlantic