A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#256867 by buns
08 Nov 2008, 19:56
A smaller than usual gathering (which reflected the size of the Exhibition itself) but nevertheless, in keeping with the high quality of stands to be visited, the excellent company made up for the lack of numbers[:D][:D]

In true V-Flyer fashion, Darren Wheeler, Vegascrazy, Spressoben and a most welcome new face, Daharis, met up at the Manhattan Bar and partook of some fizz[:w][:w] This was particularly apt as we were seated adjacent to the BA Stand and could imagine we were awaiting a flight to sunnier climes.

Given the atrocious weather outside, I must say that the beverages had the desired effect of warming the cockles of one's heart and bringing back memories of the last visit to the Clubhouse[}:)] As usual, conversations ranged from catching up on each other's trips and how we had secured our best deals - thanks to the info found onV-Flyer[y][y]

The time came to make out own way around the Exhibition, which was very quickly achieved. Perhaps the most notable stand (other than confirming that the BA club seat is still lacking in comparison to VS Upper[:D]) was the stand offering a motorised suitcase. The weight of the suitcase was a mere 10kgs[:0] This would be of no use to Mrs Buns[B)]

The adjacent Christmas Fair beckoned and the free tastings of venison sausages, wines and toffee Vodka was ample consolation from the plethora of wrapping stands and the like.

We all re-assembled at the Manhattan Bar for a departure drink and glad once again that we had renewed acquaintances

All in all a wonderful afternoon, made all the better with being with such nice people

buns
#459533 by Darren Wheeler
08 Nov 2008, 22:10
Well said Andy. Great to catch up and make a few plans. Avoided the temptation to buy a second home in Dubai or anywhere else. Also got to hear John Torode talking about beef. Even brought half a cow along to use. Not one or the veggies...

The train trip up to big city went reasonably well. Late leaving Paddington as the driver couldn't be found. [:(!]

Did have the pleasure of using the first class carriage both ways with no-one attempting to take my £5 off me [y] Felt like being in PE.
#459540 by Nottingham Nick
08 Nov 2008, 22:57
Sounds as if you all had a great time. I must admit I was somewhat jealous, when I was at work, thinking of you lot living it up and planning future trips.

Maybe next year we will be able to make it.

Nick
#459560 by HighFlyer
09 Nov 2008, 11:53
Thanks for the report guys, sorry we were not in attendance this year.

Thanks,
Sarah
#459562 by daharris
09 Nov 2008, 11:57
It was a pleasure to meet you all and thank you for making me feel so welcome.

I had a wonderful afternoon (the exhibition wasn't bad either) though I'm not sure what the lot on the Conde Nast stall thought of us... [:D]
#459567 by Darren Wheeler
09 Nov 2008, 12:09
Originally posted by daharris
I'm not sure what the lot on the Conde Nast stall thought of us... [:D]

I think they were quite taken with us, enjoying the show and chatting with them.
#459576 by buns
09 Nov 2008, 12:55
Originally posted by Darren Wheeler
Originally posted by daharris
I'm not sure what the lot on the Conde Nast stall thought of us... [:D]

I think they were quite taken with us, enjoying the show and chatting with them.

Signing up for a subscription to get free tickets for next year I am sure had a little influence[:w][:w]

Once again, it was great to meet up once again

buns
#459617 by Vegascrazy
09 Nov 2008, 23:00
Just to add a word from me & Steve....a fantastic day...as always [y]
Virgin Atlantic