A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#256881 by Darren Wheeler
10 Nov 2008, 13:27
As I'll be travelling up to London on the Friday morning to spend some time in the big city (Robert Capa exhibition at the Barbican), is anyone interested in a social gathering on the Friday night?

Nothing too fancy as unlike last year, I'm only staying in the Travelodge at Euston so no real seating or kitchen area. Pizza and beer?

Also, if anyone has a room booked at a hotel with one, I have a couple (so far) of bottles of fizz that need chilling in a fridge for the morning.
#459689 by McMaddog
10 Nov 2008, 17:11
I'll be in London but I can't commit to it at the moment - keep us informed!
#459707 by Nottingham Nick
10 Nov 2008, 20:26
We would certainly be up for something. We are also planning the Friday in London, but haven't got any further than thinking about it and thinking it is still a long way off and we have Christmas to sort out first. [:I]

Nick
#459730 by HighFlyer
10 Nov 2008, 22:40
We're also in London on the Friday evening. We need to get to London after work and wont be able to pin down arrival dates for a while yet but potentially would be up for something. I'm erring towards a few local drinks over anything too adventurous though as we have a full day in Paris but then I am getting old and boring [:D]

Thanks,
Sarah
#459759 by Wolves27
11 Nov 2008, 10:12
No plans yet, but will be around in London on the Friday I'm sure.

Dean
#459761 by Darren Wheeler
11 Nov 2008, 10:18
Given that the booked train leaves at 09:26-ish... I guessed quite a few will be in town the night before.

As Nick said, it's still away off yet and things can change.
#459816 by buns
11 Nov 2008, 21:21
I am in London of Friday anyway[:D](working[n]) so once bags have been dumped at the Hotel would be up for something.

Need to have a clearer idea on Mrs B's movements before we can commit.

buns
#459873 by jpcox1
12 Nov 2008, 14:02
I am also in town (Goodge Street) at a function, but please keep us posted ojn your whereabouts. I have to travel east to Liverpool Street.

Thanks

Jeremy
#459878 by Tinkerbelle
12 Nov 2008, 14:39
At the moment the plan of attack for me is an early wake-up on the Saturday morning, followed by train, tube and then a much needed cup of caffeine in St Pancras. [|)]
#459883 by fozzyo
12 Nov 2008, 15:50
Originally posted by Tinkerbelle
At the moment the plan of attack for me is an early wake-up on the Saturday morning, followed by train, tube and then a much needed cup of caffeine in St Pancras. [|)]

We'll get you one of those huge ones at Costa that have two handles. :)
#459885 by Tinkerbelle
12 Nov 2008, 16:36
Originally posted by fozzyo
Originally posted by Tinkerbelle

We'll get you one of those huge ones at Costa that have two handles. :)

Never seen those but sounds good! [^]
Virgin Atlantic