A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#2571 by Goldenoldie
12 Sep 2004, 12:33
I and Mrs Go attended yesterday. Arrived about 10.45 and got let in at 11.00. Not given a gold wrist band but was directed to the 'VIP' car park and was the second car there. We had a wander around the house area and were the first to use the canoes - had the river to ourselves. Went back to the main site and waited 5min to say hi to SRB. I said that we were FC and thanked him for the invite - 'oh no' he said 'thank you for coming!'

We had an absolutely marvellous time. Met some nice VS people - especially an engineer that works on IFE maintenance at LGW. Also enjoyed playing the bongo drums in the Virgin Unite tent - Mrs GO said that it was not a pretty sight! The groups on the main stage were excellent.

We really were very grateful for being allowed to attend this excellent event.

cheers
GO
#41043 by JohnD
12 Sep 2004, 13:28
Yes - took my clan yesterday as well - went on the road train tractor to see the cricket pitch first so by the time we got to meet SRB he was not doing photos any more - we had told the boys to say thankyou so the 4 year old did as he was told a stood in front of him shouting 'Mr Richard...Mr Richard' until he looked down - he then delivered his 'fank you for the party' speach - SRB was very gracious and ruffled hair etc...

Great day - loads to do excellent food (square pies!)

Couldn't manage much longer than 6pm with the boys but we did get to the hotel before the rain...

(Wife won't shut up now about SRB and his 'lovley skin and firm grip!'[:o)]
#41052 by Goldenoldie
12 Sep 2004, 15:59
John

Agreed; the Square pies were really good.
We left at about 7.20, after SRB's stage appearance. As we left there was a very heavy rain shower. We stayed at the Holiday Inn at Peartree.
cheers
GO
#41055 by AlanA
12 Sep 2004, 16:40
yes,
we arrived just before 12 noon, we came in on the err. "alternative route" :-) so go in quite quickly. Parked in the FC car park, picked up our camera, water sweets and pens, went and said "hi" to srb, not many in the main area at that time, Mrs alan a and little 'un went for the pasta and pizza in the bottom tent, so when I got back to the square pies, quite a queue had grown, but had a lovely lamb pie yum!
Litlle 'un went on the pirate ship bouncy castle, then the carousel, we then had to get him a lion face, followed by a trip to the stage where he loved the band Creed.
We went for a walk to the cricket pitch, which was heaving, got some Cobra beer for later there, and some plastic bottled Grolsh again, for later, with the tops on.
Little'un back on the bouncy castle atvthe cricket pitch, then went to see the houses. I take it SRB's own house is in the centre?
back to the main stage to see the school disco dancers (Mrs A refused to let me take any pictures [:(] ) then got a snack of burger, coleslaw, saudsage and waited till SRB had done his bit.
Walking back to the car, the heavens opened! still fantastic time had by all. pictures to be posted when I have made smaller copies :-)
#41111 by Vslf
13 Sep 2004, 11:54
A good day out,

we took the shuttle bus from Oxford and arrived about 2pm, had a good wander round, a few beers, and out on the canoe ride. Then back to the main arena and stayed until about 8:30pm when it was atarting to get very chilly!

My biggest impression was the loyalty shown by the Virgin employees to their company and vice versa. How many comapnies reward their staff like that? And how many company's employees cheer when their CEO appears on stage.

I felt very honoured to be invited and had a fantastic time.

VSlf

PS csparker, our bonus beer vouchers were much appreciated, thank-you
#41199 by British
14 Sep 2004, 21:48
I sat at home and waiting to see if SRB may have remembered me and called me up to say come over -no

I even popped round to ask for a cup of sugar - No

lol only joking glad you all had a good time wish I could have gone do you think my fairy god mother SRB will let me go to the ball next year!

B
X:D
Virgin Atlantic