A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#463865 by Pete
07 Jan 2009, 14:22
Been staying in the Farringdon Travelodge a fair bit over the last month and can report it's very clean and more than acceptable for the ridiculous price (basically cheaper for me to stay in a hotel than get the train home).

I know the majority of us are staying in the Royal Scot, but it's only 100 yards away from the Farringdon branch if we kick up a fuss and insist to be moved.... [;)]
#464563 by RichardMannion
13 Jan 2009, 11:00
quote:Originally posted by Darren Wheeler
Who's up for a little get-together on Friday night?

Who is around on the Friday evening? Looking at a dinner option in London for 8pm - £20 each for 3 courses with a glass of champers. Just trying to get a large reservation....
#464568 by Darren Wheeler
13 Jan 2009, 11:22
Sounds like a Malmaison offer to me. [y]

I'm in the city all day so count me in.
#464582 by mcuth
13 Jan 2009, 12:41
Won't be down until 9-ish...unlikely to be wanting to eat then.

Cheers
Michael
#464583 by RichardMannion
13 Jan 2009, 12:56
quote:Originally posted by mcuth
Won't be down until 9-ish...unlikely to be wanting to eat then.

Cheers
Michael

Does that mean you are up to the task of finding a suitable drinkign venue we can roll to after the meal? I know it's a tall order, but I can think of no more suitable ambassador than you! [y]
#464584 by jaguarpig
13 Jan 2009, 12:57
I think I get into Kings cross about 5.30pm so should be in the bar by 6pm.
#464600 by mcuth
13 Jan 2009, 14:56
quote:Originally posted by RichardMannion
Does that mean you are up to the task of finding a suitable drinkign venue we can roll to after the meal? I know it's a tall order, but I can think of no more suitable ambassador than you! [y]

TBH, I don't think we'll be wandering much further than the 'Bar Cafe' in the Travelodge! More concerned about where to get a proper breakfast on Satdi morning at the moment [:D]

Cheers
Michael
#464602 by RichardMannion
13 Jan 2009, 15:06
quote:Originally posted by mcuth
[quote]Originally posted by RichardMannion

TBH, I don't think we'll be wandering much further than the 'Bar Cafe' in the Travelodge! More concerned about where to get a proper breakfast on Satdi morning at the moment [:D]

Cheers
Michael

Right, you heard it here first. MCuth has 'stepped up to the plate' and offered to scout out suitable locations for the Saturday morning breakfast that I'm sure plenty of you will need! [:w] Best make sure they have a trough for Reiffer.....
#464606 by Wolves27
13 Jan 2009, 15:55
I could try and sneak out 30 odd home made bacon sarnies from the Hilton Olympia's sublime Plum Grill [:D]
#464619 by mcuth
13 Jan 2009, 17:03
quote:Originally posted by RichardMannion
Right, you heard it here first. MCuth has 'stepped up to the plate' and offered to scout out suitable locations for the Saturday morning breakfast that I'm sure plenty of you will need! [:w] Best make sure they have a trough for Reiffer.....

Oh nononononono, there was no volunteering there [:p][:D]
Shame that the Travelodge doesn't do a cooked brekkie really - stayed at one while in Manchester for a conference a couple of months ago and the full English was absolutely top notch!

Cheers
Michael
#464621 by HighFlyer
13 Jan 2009, 17:07
There's got to be a greasy spoon around Euston?

Thanks,
Sarah
#465076 by Darren Wheeler
18 Jan 2009, 23:37
Can anyone remember what the red wine was from Friday night? It was very drinkable and I'd like to re-visit it at some time in the next few weeks.
#465078 by RichardMannion
18 Jan 2009, 23:49
quote:Originally posted by Darren Wheeler
Can anyone remember what the red wine was from Friday night? It was very drinkable and I'd like to re-visit it at some time in the next few weeks.

The red wine that Howard ordered at Quaglinos? I'd PM him... [:w]
#465079 by Darren Wheeler
18 Jan 2009, 23:55
Already done the PM, but hoped someone might remember the name. Somehow I don't think it's from Threshers bargain bin.
#465080 by RichardMannion
19 Jan 2009, 00:03
Well it was one of these:
Wine List

I seem to recall it was a Burgundy between £28-35/bottle. So it shouldn't actually be that bad to buy in a wine outlet.
Virgin Atlantic