A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#712477 by Wolves27
15 Apr 2009, 12:34
Chuck, we'll be walking (with maybe an occasional canter) the route so feel free to join our party conga. Yeah, we won't have the best times on the course but we'll have much more fun.

I remember last year that the majority of the race seemed infront of me and Pete as we wern't jogging much. This was dispelled by the time we got to the top of Hayes Hill and saw there were many many more way behind us.

Looking forward to it!
#712479 by Darren Wheeler
15 Apr 2009, 12:59
Friday is good for me too for a bit of 'ball.

The more walking has got me thinking now. Join the party or see stars and a physiotherapist?
#712482 by McMaddog
15 Apr 2009, 13:38
We've already booked Thursday at the ball game but may be up for a double header - keep us informed! Cheers
#712500 by mcmbenjamin
15 Apr 2009, 18:17
Cool!

So LS + RM, MM, and DW. That makes 6 including myself and friend.

Tickets are $31.50/GBP21.30 including the surcharge for 'processing' by TicketMaster (why do they charge a surcharge when you MUST pay it?). Tickets are in the Arcade section. If you have not expressed interested, please do so. I would like to book the tickets in the next 4 to 5 days.

As mentioned earlier; the Giants stadium rocks on so many levels. Here is a link so you can explore on your own.
#712504 by Darren Wheeler
15 Apr 2009, 18:54
I agree, excellent park although a jacket is needed by the 6th innings as it can get chilly if there is a breeze off the water.
#712508 by Decker
15 Apr 2009, 19:24
Count me in
#712517 by mcuth
15 Apr 2009, 21:26
quote:Originally posted by ChuckC
All you good runners are going to put me shame, I just know it.
The best I can manage is an occasional bit of jogging.

Maybe I should tag along to make you feel better mate [;)]

quote:Originally posted by mcmbenjamin
Baseball: I am going to the Giants game on May 11 (versus Washington Nationals) and May 15 (versus NY Mets)..........

Aaaaaaaaargh, am sooooooooo jealous [:p][:p]

quote:Originally posted by mcmbenjamin
.........The ballpark is one of the best in MLB as mcuth and Notthingham Nick will surely agree.

Damn straight my young friend - an absolutely brilliant ballpark (even the Anchor Steam at $7!), would thoroughly recommend it to any of you that are in any doubt. Definitely need to take a jacket for night games though!

Cheers
Michael
#712518 by Nottingham Nick
15 Apr 2009, 21:32
Michael - I saw you posting in this thread and thought you were a late entrant for the running. [;)][8D]

Ben I have never witnessed the Giants ball park for myself, but fully intend to, as I have heard lots of people enthusing over it, and seen it on TV many times as balls are sent flying over the wall into the Bay. [8D]

Of course, most things in the Bay area are done with style and panache, so their sports stadia are really forced to follow suit.

Nick
#712528 by mcuth
15 Apr 2009, 23:33
quote:Originally posted by Nottingham Nick
Michael - I saw you posting in this thread and thought you were a late entrant for the running. [;)][8D]

ROTFL - not quite - unless my numbers come up tonight [:D]
Wouldn't mind going just so I could get the record as the most unfit person to take part........[:o)]

Cheers
Michael
#712531 by RichardMannion
16 Apr 2009, 00:05
quote:Originally posted by mcuth

Wouldn't mind going just so I could get the record as the most unfit person to take part........[:o)]

Look I'm not going to remind you lot again, Decker is going....

Mike, I'll put you down for 2 tickets in Upper if I win the 52m on offer on Friday night. [y] Even throw in a breakfast at Lori's diner.... final offer!
#712567 by McMaddog
16 Apr 2009, 14:46
Unless I've missed it in the gazillion pages on B2B here, below is a map for Newbies: link If you're really brave click on the 'Click to view elevation profile' box!
#712573 by DarkAuror
16 Apr 2009, 15:31
quote:Originally posted by Nottingham Nick

Ben I have never witnessed the Giants ball park for myself, but fully intend to, as I have heard lots of people enthusing over it, and seen it on TV many times as balls are sent flying over the wall into the Bay. [8D]

Of course, most things in the Bay area are done with style and panache, so their sports stadia are really forced to follow suit.

Nick

I agree with Nick, the ballpark brilliant place and is definitely in keeping with the city. Went there a few years when they played the 'Big Fish' (Marlins) and it was a great atomsphere. Depending which game you'll go to,I'll be jealous as I'm a Mets fan.

Ah, Anchor Steam with a large chili dog, mmh! [y]
#712576 by Darren Wheeler
16 Apr 2009, 15:45
An excuse for me to take my ball cap and 50th aniversary t-shirt
#712616 by Vegascrazy
16 Apr 2009, 22:37
quote:Originally posted by HighFlyer
If we can have a van for the day I think it would be good. We do still need post race transportation back to hotels as everyone will want to shower I imagine?

I dont mind where we go, I just know from last year we'll want to sit, eat and drink for a bit while we rest our legs [;)]

Thanks,
Sarah

Hi all...less than a month to go now...so excited! [:D]

Just wondered if any concensus has been reached yet on post race transportation and lunch later on? Myself, Steve & Dan are well up for contributing towards minivan hire or whatever to get us from the race end point back to hotels to freshen up and then possibly on to lunch somewhere beyond the city?

Cheers
James
#712617 by Guest
16 Apr 2009, 22:41
quote:Originally posted by Vegascrazy
[

Just wondered if any concensus has been reached yet on post race transportation and lunch later on? Myself, Steve & Dan are well up for contributing towards minivan hire or whatever to get us from the race end point back to hotels to freshen up and then possibly on to lunch somewhere beyond the city?

Cheers
James

I am up for that [y]

Also interested in hiring a limo/cdc from SFO to the hotel - anyone want to share ?

Cheers,

Ian
#712619 by Darren Wheeler
16 Apr 2009, 22:49
Last count, the trip from SFO was doing the BART, man.
#712620 by Guest
16 Apr 2009, 22:52
quote:Originally posted by Darren Wheeler
Last count, the trip from SFO was doing the BART, man.

Well I am not doing the BART - I will have 2 or 3 suitcases [:I] We discussed this the other evening and there may be others wanting to join me hence my offer . . . .
#712628 by Vegascrazy
16 Apr 2009, 23:18
quote:Originally posted by RichardMannion
Shall I see what rate I can get Muffy for?
http://calipartybus.com/sanfrancisco/20 ... o-bus.html

They'll even cater for Paul: Crystal clear dancing pole

Need the times; so I'm guessing ~12pm pick-up back to the Marriott and the Westin?

This looks excellent Richard, definitely worth getting a quote [y]

Thanks
James
#712630 by Darren Wheeler
16 Apr 2009, 23:31
Sounds good.

However I have this nasty image in my head and it's just won't go away...
#712638 by buns
17 Apr 2009, 06:10
SFO - Hotel CDC

I have already booked a CDC with Virgin Limo for SFO - Westin St Francis.

Same offer as Ian - first come first served[:D]

buns
#712639 by Darren Wheeler
17 Apr 2009, 07:18
If anyone has room, I would be very grateful for a seat. I'll only have one bag plus hand.
#712642 by Wolves27
17 Apr 2009, 08:21
Me and Mat will be happy to slum it on the Bart.
#712644 by Vegascrazy
17 Apr 2009, 09:10
quote:Originally posted by Wolves27
Me and Mat will be happy to slum it on the Bart.

Myself, Steve & Dan will be joining you! To us its a no brainer as the Bart is close to Marriott.
Virgin Atlantic