A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#257328 by RichardMannion
21 Dec 2008, 15:54
This is the main thread for keeping track of the plans - there is the earlybird thread here:
http://www.v-flyer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24540

Plans are shaping up well for the event, and some people have booked already.

The Main (Running, Jogging, Walking, Whatever) Event:
The 12km Annual Bay to Breakers 'race' across San Francisco. Registration is open now here:
http://www.active.com/page/Event_Detail ... id=1654027

Flights:
There is an outbound party bus, the VS19 to SFO on Thursday 14th May - there are plenty of people with Gold Cards or travelling in Upper so Clubhouse access won't be an issue; young Fozzyo is arranging for the Zeleb-special Sky Lounge in the Clubhouse to be roped off for us. [:w]

Hotels:
Most people are at the Westin St Francis, or the Marriott. Let me know if you need any help with hotels for the event - current Westin deal works out ~$600 + tax for the 4 nights.

Attendees:
Fozzyo - Booked (Party Bus - 18K; Marriott)
Wolves27 - Booked (Party Bus - 17K; Marriott)
VegasCrazy - Booked (Party Bus - 15K; Marriott)
s-pressobean - Booked (Party Bus - 16K; Marriott)
Glider Pilot - Booked (Party Bus - 47H; Marriott)
RichardMannion - Booked (Party Bus - Upper; Westin St. Francis)
HighFlyer - Booked (Party Bus - Upper; Westin St. Francis)
DarrenWheeler - Booked (Party Bus - Upper; Westin St. Francis)
Decker - Booked (Party Bus - 16A; Westin St. Francis)
Buns - Booked (Party Bus - 15A; Westin St. Francis)
ChuckC - Meeting us in San Francisco (Westin St. Francis)
Scrooge -?
McMaddog - Booked (Hilton Financial District)
Preiffer - DURR! Yeah. (Party Bus - Upper; Westin St. Francis)
mcmbenjamin - Booked (Westin St. Francis)
hackneyguy - Booked (Party Bus - 19K; Westin St. Francis)

LHR CH Party in the Sky Lounge:
1. Fozzyo + Gershwin
2. Wolves27 + PingPong
3. VegasCrazy
4. s-pressobean
5. Glider Pilot
6. RichardMannion + Wit
7. HighFlyer + Floyd Cow
8. DarrenWheeler + Binky
9. Decker + Mid-life Crisis & Those clothes
10. Buns
11. Preiffer + Ego
12. hackneyguy
13. Buns Guest
Space for 10+ guests

Events for Weekend:

Thursday
- Party bus from LHR to SFO, arrives 14:20.
- Buns and Hackneyguy have gracefully arranged limo transfers from the airport to Westin St Francis (first come, first served). BART seems to be the favoured transport method for those at the Marriott.

Friday
- mcmbenjamin is arranging a trip to see the baseball (Giants vs NY Mets) in the evening. Tickets are ~$30.
Attendees: RichardMannion, HighFlyer, mcmbenjamin, mcmbenjamin guest Decker, Darren Wheeler, McMaddog, McMaddog guest, and Preiffer.

Saturday
- Possible outing to Napa, Reiffer and Chuck on the case.

Sunday
- Main event!
- RichardMannion looking at private transfer options from endpoint to Marriott and Westin. Details to follow.
- De-camp back to hotels to freshen-up, and then find somewhere to relax, drink and some snacks, possibly Cheesecake Factory.

More updates to come.
#702771 by preiffer
21 Dec 2008, 19:33
Funny - some of us have been doing it for years, and now we're getting all 'organised'.... [;)]
#702773 by Decker
21 Dec 2008, 20:03
I stopped liking Queen as much when they had the Xmas # 1 with Bohemian Rhapsody - 'cos I'd like liked them for years before that but then all the non-cool kids liked them too... [:p]
#702781 by McMaddog
22 Dec 2008, 01:41
Yup flights and run booked - not joining you guys on the VS19 party bus however - hope to rendezvous in SF
#702813 by Darren Wheeler
22 Dec 2008, 16:45
Anyone thinking of a little side trip? Apparently there is a small railway stop in the middle of the Nevada desert...
#702816 by Scrooge
22 Dec 2008, 17:25
quote:Originally posted by Darren Wheeler
Anyone thinking of a little side trip? Apparently there is a small railway stop in the middle of the Nevada desert...

[?] why would anyone want to go to Tonopah ???

Though here is a thought, we could do a little road trip out to the Area 51 area from Vegas, see if we can return LRoM to his family ???
#704205 by RichardMannion
10 Jan 2009, 00:16
Starting to get some Corp hotels rates now, more to come:

Hilton San Francisco (O'Farrell St) - $189/nt + taxes
Westin St Francis (Union Sq) - $181/nt
Westin Market St - $199/nt
Hyatt Regency (Embarcadero Ctr) - $199/nt
#705484 by Darren Wheeler
22 Jan 2009, 10:42
Just a reminder for anyone who wishes to take advantage of the UC sale, it finishes at 10pm Tuesday 27th of Jan. Looks like there are still seats available on the Party Bus.
#706097 by buns
27 Jan 2009, 22:22
Just to let you all know (with the Gracious Permission of Mrs Buns[oo]) my neighbour will be joining the outbound Party bus in Y, thence to explore San Fran on her own steam.

buns
#706098 by Scrooge
27 Jan 2009, 22:26
Just to let you know, even though there was no way in hell I was going to run, walk, crawl the course, we were planning on being there to offer a little support (drinking mostly) however it now seems that we will be heading to Cancun that week and we probably won't make it back in time, however we should beat you all back to Vegas.
#706126 by Darren Wheeler
28 Jan 2009, 00:18
quote:Originally posted by buns
Just to let you all know (with the Gracious Permission of Mrs Buns[oo]) my neighbour will be joining the outbound Party bus in Y, thence to explore San Fran on her own steam.

buns

oh? Tell more... Ahem [:I]
#706137 by buns
28 Jan 2009, 05:26
quote:Originally posted by Darren Wheeler
[quote]Originally posted by buns

buns

oh? Tell more... Ahem [:I]

Nothing to tell really, neighbour was planning to go to SFO. As I will be going UC she is going to be able to experience the Clubhouse for most probably the only time in her life[:D]

Buns
#708428 by Darren Wheeler
21 Feb 2009, 15:51
For those on the May 14th Party Bus.

Check your booking on-line as the departure time is now 11:30. Oh well, time for another mojito!
#708433 by RichardMannion
21 Feb 2009, 17:07
We're booked (so too is Decker) at the Westin St Francis - this time they promise to behave nicely with billing and honouring SPG benefits!. I beleive Chuck and Darren are there too.
#709038 by Wolves27
01 Mar 2009, 17:52
I'm a bit out of the loop with the registration this year, and despite doing it last they havn't emailed me any details.

Does anybody know whats the cut off date to get your chip sent to the UK?
Also, what corrall at the start is everyone booked in, seems to be a few more options this year than last...
#709113 by ChuckC
02 Mar 2009, 15:04
Haven't been able to register online. Seems a problem with online engine. Anyone else have this issue?

Also, as per Dean's post above are we supposed to request a specific corral?

Chuck-
#709117 by Darren Wheeler
02 Mar 2009, 15:17
I signed into corral D for the under 2 hours.

If you sign-up after 30 April, the pack will have to be picked up before the race from Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, 99 Grove Street in San Francisco. There is no pick-up on the day of the run. Posting of packs commences 17 April.
#709118 by HighFlyer
02 Mar 2009, 15:18
Corral? We went for under 2 hours last time, though I think the choices were under or over 2 hours then.

Thanks,
Sarah
#709234 by RichardMannion
04 Mar 2009, 19:37
Right - we will finally be booked for our flights tomorrow morning. It was a close call as BA had some good prices for NCW, but managed to get the required availability for the outbound party bus, so Sarah and I will be joining you in Upper.

Need to register us for the race now - the corral thing is interesting. I think we'll go for Corral D too, even though we are both aiming to do it under 1h 15.

San Fran hotel is booked - I do have a room left at the Westin At Francis if anyone still needs a room, it should work out ~$600+taxes for the 4 nts (will confirm).
#709264 by HighFlyer
04 Mar 2009, 22:50
quote:Originally posted by RichardMannionwe are both aiming to do it under 1h 15

I'm aiming to do it in that time in facy dress! I guess that means I'd better start training soon [:?]

Thanks,
Sarah
#709265 by Guest
04 Mar 2009, 22:58
Well I am all set to go now - hotels booked (thanks Richard) and flights booked . Let the party commence . . . . . mines a big one !

Hackneyguy

p.s. Just noticed that I am in 19K - same as Decker. Cosey or what . . . .
#709268 by Darren Wheeler
04 Mar 2009, 23:14
Well I'm glad I have the old IFBT station to shield my eyes from such cosiness.
Virgin Atlantic