A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#257647 by slinky09
14 Jan 2009, 20:31
Someone had to, but I hope you will understand my reasons. I won't be able to join everyone on Saturday (or Friday). I 'work' (that currently being a not so definite term) for a IT services company called Satyam, who's senior executives last week confessed to fraud of over $1.5 bn. The company is in the deepest peril, my staff, I and 53,000 people do not know what their futures are. We are engaged in earnest recovery plans and I am involved in several salvage operations (not least my own) and need to devote my time to these, not least to my team of people and their future.

I already have four conference calls on Saturday and a workload that has gone higher skier.

I had relished the opportunity of meeting V-Flyers - all I have met is Paul and he's hardly representative is he [:I]. In heartfelt way, I wish I could come and am saddened I cannot - priorities have changed [:(].
#464711 by Nottingham Nick
14 Jan 2009, 20:35
Wow - sorry to hear that Slinky.

Was looking forward to meeting you, but fully understand where your life priorities lie, right now.

All the best on the job front - hope your salvage operations are successful.

Nick
#464712 by buns
14 Jan 2009, 20:37
Slinky

sorry to hear this as I was really looking forward to meeting you.

In these challenging times, you are right to have your future employ as the top priority

The Buns household knows exactly what you are going through - hope you get a clear path for the future

buns
#464714 by Darren Wheeler
14 Jan 2009, 20:43
No apology needed. Work has to come first, especially in those circumstances.

Hopfully you'll be about for the next social.
#464716 by HighFlyer
14 Jan 2009, 20:55
As others have said, a shame we wont see you Slinks but totally understand. Hopefully your situation will be much better next time.

Thanks,
Sarah
#464723 by Bazz
14 Jan 2009, 21:42
Slinky, Pam and I won't be attending for well known reasons however I am sincerely sorry that you will not be able to join with your fellow v-flyers in what is for you and your colleagues a most unfortunate set of circumstances - we really hope all works out well in the end.

As for v-flyer socials, take it from me, there will be plenty of other opportunities and we look forward to seeing you at many of them!

Barry.
#464756 by mcuth
15 Jan 2009, 09:08
Slinky

That's a bugger, but fully understand your reasons. Hope all goes well in the recovery & salvage operations.

Cheers
Michael
#464776 by slinky09
15 Jan 2009, 14:30
Thanks one and all - on another ocassion and not a public forum I might reveal some of the murky goings on!

In the early 90s I managed to be working for Robert Maxwell when he did, well what he did. Now another time of crookery!

Have a great day Saturday. I'll miss the pop and the camaraderie!
Virgin Atlantic