A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#257709 by Sealink
18 Jan 2009, 10:54
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome on my first V-Flyer social - it was so enjoyable!

I don't think I disgraced myself, but if I did... let's keep it to ourselves, eh?
[:o)]

But once again, thank you!

PS - Matt also had a great time.
#464994 by jaguarpig
18 Jan 2009, 11:02
I would also like to add my thanks for being made so welcome by everyone. [y]
#465000 by HighFlyer
18 Jan 2009, 11:49
What a great trip! [:)]

Firstly, thanks to Paul for arranging the social and coming up with the idea in the first place. [y]

Thanks also to our members who chose to make this their fisrt social outing. I hope you all felt welcome and enjoyed yourselves? I know how daunting it can be to meet friends from the online world, never mind being stuck in a train with them with free-flowing Champagne and smelly cheese!

We really had a great time yesterday, lots of laughs with lots of booze [y]

I cant wait to see the photos ... [:D]

Thanks,
Sarah
#465001 by McMaddog
18 Jan 2009, 11:57
Yep it was great to see you all again plus some new faces - bring on May! Thanks again Paul for the work involved.
#465002 by Decker
18 Jan 2009, 12:03
I would like to echo Sealink's apologies for behaving disgracefully... still top day/night and a pleasure to finally meet JP even if his accent is wrong. Tinks just reaffirmed everything we already knew about GOOD VS crew, LRoM was a GREAT sport with his Krispy Kreme hat and all the old favourites just reaffirmed exactly WHY they're the old favourites. Cheers peeps - do I REALL have to get up now? I see from my phone I was texting people at 03:00 :(
#465004 by Vegascrazy
18 Jan 2009, 12:42
...and a huge thank you from me, it was a simply fabulous day [:)]

Photos already uploaded to Facebook here >> Link.

I know that Steve & Dan had a great time too and I'm sure will be posting their words of thanks later on!

Cheers Paul for all your organisation....look forward to seeing everyone again soon.

James

PS: Ben & Chuck, have great flights back to USA!
#465010 by buns
18 Jan 2009, 14:19
It was great to meet up with both old and new faces.

I can only echo what everyone else has said in that it was a great day and I think I can say that we all enjoyed ourselves in our own little ways

The journey out and back proved memorable highlights as well as seeing the face of the concierge at the Eurostar Lounge when so many amex holders turned up at once[:w] The less said about demonstrations and police activity in the centre of Paris the better - I hope to be able to dine out on the story for at least the next month.

Thank you Paul for suggesting the trip and for everyone making the day so enjoyable for Mrs Buns & myself

buns
#465011 by ChuckC
18 Jan 2009, 14:26
Alright, then. If I must depart, then so be it, though the company of my UK friends, including several new ones, seems far more preferable.

Thank you, Paul, for a great idea that germinated into an equally great social. Who would think that a simple train ride could be so much fun?

Missing you all already.

Chuck-
#465018 by Darren Wheeler
18 Jan 2009, 14:41
A big thank you from myself too. Fantasic weekend with friends old and new, good food and a fair proportion of the Champagne production.

I've just started with the photos. Facebook Link
#465026 by Glider Pilot
18 Jan 2009, 16:52
Just a quick note to say thank you to everyone for makeing
yesterday such a fantastic day. I throughly enjoyed it.
Was nice to meet friends old and new. Looking forward to seeing
everyone soon. Only 4 months until B2B [y]
#465028 by Sealink
18 Jan 2009, 16:55
Mine are now on Facebook, but there's more scenery than people... Facebook
#465034 by Decker
18 Jan 2009, 17:48
oh and congrats peeps - my first hangover in over a year... some going :)
#465043 by daharris
18 Jan 2009, 18:26
Many thanks to Paul for organising the trip, and to everybody for making it such a fun and memorable occasion.

I hope the poor cleaner got the carriage tidied up sometime before midnight...
#465083 by Wolves27
19 Jan 2009, 00:22
I woke up about half seven this morning with aching legs, feelig knackered and slightly hung over. Still, what can I say...the whole day was such fun!

It was great to see all the old faces again on such a large meet and a pleasure to meet all the new ones. Hopefully you've all not been scared off and hopefully see you on future meets.

I have to admit I thought the getting there and back were the best part and just shows how much fun we can have if you lock thirty or so V-Flyers in a confined narrow space for two and a bit hours [:D]

Special thanks to Paul for coming up with the crazy idea in the first place.

Its days like yesterday when I feel really glad I joined V-Flyer [y]

Cheers!

Dean
#465116 by mcuth
19 Jan 2009, 11:58
Now I've half recovered from a quick 450 mile round trip to Bratfud last night, wanted to add my (& Karen's) thanks for an excellent V-F Social event - one that truly lived up to the spirit of this site and the camaraderie we've all found here.

Cracking organisation, wonderful to catch up with old friends and make new friends too - I've very very much missed that (and you orrible lot) during the last 2 years.

Thanks again, and great to see everyone - who would've thought a train ride could be soooo much fun? [:o][:D][y]

Cheers
Michael
#465120 by Darren Wheeler
19 Jan 2009, 12:11
quote:Originally posted by mcuth

Thanks again, and great to see everyone - who would've thought a train ride could be soooo much fun? [:o][:D][y]

Cheers
Michael

If only First Great Western could be that much fun.
#465128 by daharris
19 Jan 2009, 12:44
quote:Originally posted by Darren Wheeler
[quote]Originally posted by mcuth

Cheers
Michael

If only First Great Western could be that much fun.

I'm sure it could, if you have the right group with you.
#465243 by s-pressobeen
19 Jan 2009, 23:04
Just like to echo the words that have already been written. Great trip, great idea Paul, great people and lotsa fun. Looking forward to B2B[:)]
#465246 by Darren Wheeler
19 Jan 2009, 23:04
Hope everyone made it home despite all the engineering works on the underground etc.

Couple of classic announcements at Euston Square.

'London Underground currently has very good service throughout. Unless there is engineering works'

'Ladies and gentlemen, please board the train. Only the circle line is topping here today unless you want to wait until Monday morning' Sense of humour.

You can find some spoof ones here done by Emma Clarke, who use to do the real ones.
#465280 by mcuth
20 Jan 2009, 08:30
#465445 by Tinkerbelle
21 Jan 2009, 18:54
Well it's now four days later and I've finally managed to catch up on some sleep so can now string more than two words together.

What can I say apart from a massive thank you to everyone for an absolutely brilliant day - I haven't laughed as much as that in a long, long time.

It was fantastic to finally meet everyone and even though in the lead up to the day, I was getting a bit nervous about the whole thing, I couldn't have felt more at home as it were.

I also have roughly 90% of my photos from the day just from the journey there and back. Who could have thought that 5 hours on a train could be that fun.

My pictures have been posted on Facebook - I think most people can see them. If not, PM me and I'll send you the link.

And just to finish off my message, what a way to arrive in Paris:

[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/mws1sy.jpg[/img]
#465449 by buns
21 Jan 2009, 20:25
Tinkerbelle

It was a great pleasure to meet you and I can only say that you fitted in so well, anyone would have thought you were an old hand at these socials[y] So there was no need to worry after all.

It only goes to prove that these events are welcoming

Look forward to meeting you on again

buns
Virgin Atlantic