A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#258046 by Pete
11 Feb 2009, 15:02
Maybe worth a mini-social?

quote:
Original British Musical Takes Off at Jermyn Street for Limited Season, 31 March 2009

Jet Set Go!, a sell-out show at last years Edinburgh Festival, touches down in London for three weeks at Jermyn Street Theatre from Tuesday 31 March to Saturday 18 April 2009.

Take to the skies with a tantalisingly tuneful team of fun-loving cabin crew in this brand new British musical. With romance rampaging in the sky, a lustful stopover in New York sends sexual tensions spiralling high. Fasten your seatbelts for this exhilarating London premi_re, with an original score by Notes for the Stage finalist, Pippa Cleary. As the crew sing up the aisles and tap dance down Broadway, its a journey that youll never forget.

Jet Set Go! takes a tongue-in-cheek look at the lives of those working in the skies, with a host of adorable characters, including the Puerto Rican stewardess (and seductress) Julia, who has a lover in every country, and the idealistic Ryan, who longingly dreams of his perfect guy. Its contemporary take on love (and lust) is a uniquely uplifting experience.

Take Note Theatre was founded to bring new musical theatre to a wider audience. Integral to this policy is its commitment to working with writers and composers to develop new work and further British musical theatre. In 2008 the company produced two musicals at the Edinburgh Festival, both of which enjoyed sold out runs and critical acclaim. In 2009, the company is producing Jet Set Go! for its season at Jermyn Street Theatre and developing two new projects for production later in the year, both in Edinburgh and London.

Produced by Take Note Theatre in association with Jermyn Street Theatre, Jet Set Go! has book and lyrics by Jake Brunger, music and lyrics by Pippa Cleary, and is directed and choreographed by Luke Sheppard and developed in collaboration with Take Note Theatre.

I saw it in Edinburgh, and it was pretty funny.
#467781 by RichardMannion
11 Feb 2009, 22:03
Well you had to laugh when you were in that sauna of a portakabin.....

Potentially interested. Could do a Saturday lunch at Maze Grill and then onto the show?
#467782 by buns
11 Feb 2009, 22:39
quote:Originally posted by RichardMannion
Well you had to laugh when you were in that sauna of a portakabin.....

Potentially interested. Could do a Saturday lunch at Maze Grill and then onto the show?

Like Richard, the venue in Edinburgh was, shall we say, interesting[}:)]

Jermyn Street Theatre[?] This must quite small - not another portakabin is it??

Certainly happy to think about making a day of it though[y][y]

buns
#467787 by RichardMannion
11 Feb 2009, 23:29
http://www.jetsetgolondon.co.uk/

Matinee is at 4pm, or evening show at 8pm.

Saturday 4th, 11th or 18th April anyone - what dates work for people.

I can then see about getting us a table here:
http://www.gordonramsay.com/mazegrill/menus/setlunch/ or another suitable eaterie of course.

Or we could do a Sunday lunch, and then a matinee?
http://www.gordonramsay.com/yorkandalba ... ndaymenus/

Thanks,
Richard
#467788 by Darren Wheeler
11 Feb 2009, 23:56
At the moment, all 3 dates work for me. Remember that the 11th is the Easter weekend.
#468273 by DMetters-Bone
19 Feb 2009, 14:35
I am up for the show, looks great! Pretty much at the mo do any of those days.

Dominic
#468274 by Neil
19 Feb 2009, 14:44
We are in London the weekend of the 11th for a long weekend, got a show already booked on the Saturday, but will we be around if there is any kind of meet up organised/planned etc.

Neil
#468278 by Howard Long
19 Feb 2009, 15:28
quote:Originally posted by RichardMannion
Could do a Saturday lunch at Maze Grill

Crikey what's happened to you?

H
#468300 by tontybear
19 Feb 2009, 20:09
would be interested but not the 11th as away for the Easter weekend

C
#468310 by Sealink
19 Feb 2009, 22:05
I'm interested too, need to check rota as I work some weekends.

Sounds a bit like Boeing Boeing. Did anyone see that?
#468316 by RichardMannion
19 Feb 2009, 22:53
We can't make 11th April - does help if I check my diary properly....
#468341 by Decker
20 Feb 2009, 12:27
Boeing Boeing? Sometime in the '70s yes... Am Dram production in Port Sunlight.
#468689 by dan87027
24 Feb 2009, 20:22
This looks good, I would be up for it if on the 4th or 11th.
Virgin Atlantic