A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#258460 by Guest
19 Mar 2009, 15:03
At a guess I would imagine many of us may be attending this years massive Pride festival in London on 4 July. I am for one marching (well maybe not quite that) at the front of the Parade and would love to meet up with other V-Flyers for say a jug of pimms etc afterwards somewhere civilized before heading off into the throngs of Soho.

Any interest to meet up - either before for brekkie - after for cocktails or in Soho please let me know.

Regards,

Hackneyguy
#710506 by tontybear
19 Mar 2009, 15:41
Oh I don't 'do' marching - its so undignified and it justs wastes valuable drinking time! but drinkies would be lovely !
#710596 by HighFlyer
20 Mar 2009, 15:20
And there was me thinking this thread was about beer [:D]

Thanks,
Sarah
#710597 by Guest
20 Mar 2009, 15:26
quote:Originally posted by HighFlyer
And there was me thinking this thread was about beer [:D]

Thanks,
Sarah

and I am sure it is for many lol. COme along Sarah - we will look after you and make sure you have a ready supply of London Pride - hic [8D]

Regards,

Hackneyguy
#710610 by HighFlyer
20 Mar 2009, 17:03
I'll pop the date in the diary. I went about, ooh, 4-5 years ago with my friend Steve. He wore an outrageous wedding dress in Pride colours and got so hot and tired from his ensemble (and the hot weather) that he had to finish the 'march' on the back of a co-marchers Motorcycle holding an ice pack to his brow. I ribbed him over that for weeks. [:D]

Thanks,
Sarah
#710621 by Jacki
20 Mar 2009, 18:22
I'll pop the date in the diary. I went about, ooh, 4-5 years ago with my friend Steve. He wore an outrageous wedding dress in Pride colours and got so hot and tired from his ensemble (and the hot weather) that he had to finish the 'march' on the back of a co-marchers Motorcycle holding an ice pack to his brow. I ribbed him over that for weeks. [:D]

Thanks,
Sarah

I'd love to see the photo[:D]
#710623 by Guest
20 Mar 2009, 18:31
quote:Originally posted by Jacki

Thanks,
Sarah

I'd love to see the photo[:D]

Oh me too [}:)]

Well it is purple polo shirts with an emblem on for us (black trousers and black shoes) and it took a tiger team to decide that [:?]

Quick shower and change into something more fun somewhere local to the finish of the parade, then time to party, party, PARTY [8D]
#710630 by fozzyo
20 Mar 2009, 21:05
Oooh will look at the diary. I love an excuse to get out the fireman pants or kilt!

Mat
#710633 by fozzyo
20 Mar 2009, 23:04
We'll be in Barcelona that weekend so you'll have to put your kilt away.
We havn't done pride for ages so would be good to do it again one year I guess.
#710786 by slinky09
23 Mar 2009, 17:36
quote:Originally posted by fozzyo
Oooh will look at the diary. I love an excuse to get out the fireman pants or kilt!

Mat

The mind boggles as to what else you might have in your dressing up box!

Ooh, Pride - haven't marched for years but maybe time to do it again!
#714769 by tonysimms
11 May 2009, 15:21
Quite sadly my first post on here is in this forum... but will in the parade as part of the RAF contingent. Would be great to meet some other VFLYERS. Me and the other mr are having a luxery (well almost) PE holiday to St Lucia in sept, so would be good to have a nerdy chat with others!!
#714770 by TikiJon
11 May 2009, 15:33
I'm up for this definitely. More the drinks than the march but all good. Will be my first time meeting some V Flyers too so really looking forward to that. Years since I've been too, think Peter Andre was on the stage!
#714771 by Guest
11 May 2009, 15:34
quote:Originally posted by tonysimms
Quite sadly my first post on here is in this forum... but will in the parade as part of the RAF contingent. Would be great to meet some other VFLYERS. Me and the other mr are having a luxery (well almost) PE holiday to St Lucia in sept, so would be good to have a nerdy chat with others!!

Oh that sounds Fab Tony - if we havent met already (with another hat on) I will be Marching behind you !

Regards,

Hackneyguy
#714772 by tonysimms
11 May 2009, 15:42
Ah brilliant!! Look forward to meeting ya!
#714773 by mcmbenjamin
11 May 2009, 15:42
MAYBE coming. It is the Fourth of July. I guess I could wear an American Flag and celebrate my American Pride too!
#714774 by Guest
11 May 2009, 15:47
quote:Originally posted by mcmbenjamin
MAYBE coming. It is the Fourth of July. I guess I could wear an American Flag and celebrate my American Pride too!

Oh excellent - it promises to be a good one this year. I am hosting a work related LGBT Forum on the 3rd (hint hint Tony - come along !) and expect a bigger than average turnout.

Regards,

Hackneyguy
#714893 by Guest
12 May 2009, 19:06
If only i was there, 3 weeks too late for me Ian. xx
#714899 by Guest
12 May 2009, 19:44
quote:Originally posted by Catherine
If only i was there, 3 weeks too late for me Ian. xx

Any excuse to aviod me again [:w]
#714915 by Guest
12 May 2009, 22:09
OOh avoid you, not a chance. . . And Mr, I am in London June 19th, so pull your finger out. xx
#715851 by platinumleo
23 May 2009, 03:31
I'll pop the date in the diary. I went about, ooh, 4-5 years ago with my friend Steve. He wore an outrageous wedding dress in Pride colours

I worked Pride last year and was amazing to see everyone having a great time, except me I like cabin crew can't drink when on duty grrr. Anyway My favourite costume of last year's event was the Amy WInehouse drag queens wish i had been prepared with a camera.
#715857 by platinumleo
23 May 2009, 05:15
quote:Originally posted by mcmbenjamin
Camera Phone Leo?

Yes i was taken by surprise [:#] and by the time i realised what they were, they had already disappeared down the escalators to the trains, was a sight though! I wont be working it this year, but im still working [n]

Alex
Virgin Atlantic