A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#258547 by iforres1
26 Mar 2009, 10:44
Just wanting to check if their will be a RBS or other event this year around the last week of July[:I] as I will need to be back in the UK to collect family and tax car.

No worries if not, as I know people have more important priorites at present.

all the best
Iain
#711008 by Bazz
26 Mar 2009, 11:12
At the moment we have not planned to have one this year. There has been a falling off in support and the mods felt a change was warranted.

If there was a greater demand I would be happy to arrange it but it is too much hassle for me, given my domestic situation; having to chase people for funds and with others dropping out at short notice, etc..

Pity, coz I know a number of us will miss it!
#711010 by iforres1
26 Mar 2009, 11:23
Bazz,

I fully understand and appreciate the time and effort involved in these sort of things and quite rightly you have more important things in your life.
I only asked as the past couple I have missed the dates by a week or so as I know every year I have to come back to the UK to renew docs for the car.

Now here is a curved ball. What about a RBS on the River Danube[i]
Belgrade is perfect for that and we have an avaition Museum as well.

As Ira and the kids will be away I could spend time organising.

all the best
Iain
#711037 by Scrooge
26 Mar 2009, 15:25
Oh that sounds like a great idea, there is no way we could make it to either places this year, but that is a great idea for a social in the future.
#711056 by HighFlyer
26 Mar 2009, 19:15
Belgrade aye ... [:D] I'd love it, but flights may prove to be too costly for many. I'd be happy to be proved wrong through!

Thanks,
Sarah
#711095 by iforres1
27 Mar 2009, 10:30
quote:Originally posted by HighFlyer
Belgrade aye ... [:D] I'd love it, but flights may prove to be too costly for many. I'd be happy to be proved wrong through!

Thanks,
Sarah

My return ticket cost for end of June was 272Euro, out Thursday back on a Sunday.

Only an idea for someting different.

Iain
#711118 by jaguarpig
27 Mar 2009, 14:06
I'd be up for that, could even bring Mrs JP this time[:D]
#711133 by Vegascrazy
27 Mar 2009, 16:01
quote:Originally posted by Darren Wheeler
There was talk of a summer BBQ/Picnic...

You're right Darren, it's the 80's Rewind Festival at Henley on Aug 22nd. I think the reference to its potential as a VF social/summer picnic was made on my Facebook wall...by Sarah I think! Steve & I and a few friends have booked tickets for 22/8...would be great to turn it into a bit of VF social as well [:)]

Cheers
James
Virgin Atlantic