A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#714968 by RichardMannion
13 May 2009, 13:57
I've just had an invite - I'm sh*t at golf nowadays, so may just do the evening thing.
#714998 by HighFlyer
13 May 2009, 17:47
I got an invite too. Richard and I were discussing going for the evening part.

Thanks,
Sarah
#715000 by RichardMannion
13 May 2009, 18:07
I tried calling the number at the bottom of the mail, and it was the woman's home number! Quelle surprise when a child answers, and supplies the correct work number.

Awaiting a callback from her - will see if I can get a table for us to fill as I am sure there will be a few other interested parties...
#715029 by buns
13 May 2009, 21:44
I too have received an invite[:0] Not knowing one end of golf club from the other I think I would be somewhat of a hinderence to others[:I]

That said, Mrs Buns & I will not be available, even for the evening[n]

buns
#715031 by honey lamb
13 May 2009, 22:12
Why can't i get invited to things like this? [:#] Aer John would love it!!
#715226 by honey lamb
16 May 2009, 00:47
I rather think Aer John may have been invited to it. He told me that this evening he had received an invitation from the Flying Club Swingers saying that they were inviting selected members to an event. I gather from what he told me it is on or around June 11 and there is a mention of playing with Samuel L Jackson. Is that the same event? I have told him to go for it.
#715229 by daharris
16 May 2009, 02:29
quote:Originally posted by honey lamb
I rather think Aer John may have been invited to it. He told me that this evening he had received an invitation from the Flying Club Swingers saying that they were inviting selected members to an event. I gather from what he told me it is on or around June 11 and there is a mention of playing with Samuel L Jackson. Is that the same event? I have told him to go for it.

The one I got an invite to is on the 19th June. So possibly different. If I played golf it would be a hard decision: Samuel L. Jackson or Virgin executives... [:?]
#715232 by HighFlyer
16 May 2009, 08:35
quote:Originally posted by daharris

The one I got an invite to is on the 19th June. So possibly different. If I played golf it would be a hard decision: Samuel L. Jackson or Virgin executives... [:?]

My invite is for 19th June also.

Thanks,
Sarah
#715257 by mstringer
16 May 2009, 15:26
I'd seen the invite for this too... I'm almost embarrassing at Golf unfortunately (Even with the lessons!), so dismissed the idea. I re-read it again as there is mention of evening only.

Did anybody do last year's Virgineers event?

Matthew
Virgin Atlantic