A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#725674 by mcuth
19 Sep 2009, 10:07
Karen & I will be arriving this afternoon sometime (prob around 2pm) and will be around before going to see my Dad later on. Where's a meeting point?

Cheers
Michael
#725675 by buns
19 Sep 2009, 10:19
quote:Originally posted by mcuth
Karen & I will be arriving this afternoon sometime (prob around 2pm) and will be around before going to see my Dad later on. Where's a meeting point?

Cheers
Michael

Just left Kings X and will be in York about 11.

After dropping off the bags at the hotel intend to make our way to the anorak museum

buns
#725676 by buns
19 Sep 2009, 10:20
quote:Originally posted by mcuth

Cheers
Michael

Just left Kings X and will be in York about 11.

After dropping off the bags at the hotel intend to make our way to the anorak museum

buns
#725677 by mcuth
19 Sep 2009, 10:21
quote:Originally posted by buns

We'll head there then first mate - hopefully will see you there [:)]

Cheers
Michael
#725686 by Sealink
19 Sep 2009, 15:56
Have a great trip. Wish I was there...!
#725692 by tontybear
19 Sep 2009, 17:36
no reports on BBC News of drunken rampages around the choo choo museum .....
#725714 by Wolves27
20 Sep 2009, 00:59
After an all too brief chill out in the bar once you rabble had left we have now finally made it up to our room to collapse.
Once again V-Flyer has rewarded us with a really enjoyable evening and it was great to catch up with everyone and hope all the first timers found us a civilised and not too scary bunch. Hope you had a safe journey back to the hotels (and resisted both the temptation of KFC and Ziggy's nightclub) and we'll see you again soon!
Cheers!
Dean
#725715 by fozzyo
20 Sep 2009, 01:02
Lovely evening, great seeing everyone again! Thankyou all for stopping by our York Residence and look forward to seeing everyone again soon.

Chris, Tracey, Mike & Karen ... sorry to have missed you this evening, hopefully we'll get to catch up next time.

Mat xxx
#725716 by tontybear
20 Sep 2009, 01:16
hmmmmm very suspicious !

nothing on either BBC or SKY about 'events' in York!

someone has friends in high places ! lol

Glad you all had a good time !
#725739 by Neil
20 Sep 2009, 12:35
Thank you ever so much for having us over for dinner at your lovely York home Mat & Dean [:D]

It was a great night, nice to catch up with everyone again, meet new people and, of course, get insulted again, what more could I want from a V-Flyer social, already looking forward to the next one.

Thanks for everyone who helped organise it.
#725742 by Vegascrazy
20 Sep 2009, 13:21
We're en route back on the train! What a great day yesterday...perfect weather, fantastic company and a thoroughly excellent meal at Hotel Du Vin! Great to meet new faces as well [:)]

Looking forward to the next jaunt (did I hear a rumour Nick about Bruges??)

Cheers
James
#725743 by buns
20 Sep 2009, 13:37
I can only echo what James has said (not least as I am on the train behind)[:D]

Great to see new faces and only hope our on-site persona matched up to what you had imagined[:I]

Brilliant time and again as I head home, I am eager for the next V Flyer Social

Thanks to everyone for such a great time

buns
#725744 by jaguarpig
20 Sep 2009, 13:39
Just made it back to our local, like to say thanks to all for making us both most welcome.Looking forward to the next one.
Cheers Chris & Tracey
#725749 by HighFlyer
20 Sep 2009, 14:22
Posting from the comfort of the car on the M1 with Richard and Decker. We had a great time as always and lovely to see old and new faces at the event. Rock on with the next social ... [:)]

Thanks,
Sarah
#725756 by Jacki
20 Sep 2009, 15:57
Just got in after a remarkably easy drive back. Thank you everyone for making Justin and I feel so welcome. It was great to meet you all and hopefully this will be the first of many such occasions.

Big thanks to Richard and Sarah for arranging the weekend - much appreciated.
#725761 by Nottingham Nick
20 Sep 2009, 16:32
Still in a very sunny and very busy York, but just thought I would add our thanks to Richard for the great organisation of the meal.

Great to see everyone again and to catch up - also great to see the first-timers including Jacki, NH and Tikijon - hope you all enjoyed it.

Eyes peeled for a big announcement about the next one. [}:)][:D][;)]

Nick
#725764 by northernhenry
20 Sep 2009, 17:01
Glorious day in York today, sunshine/ hangover/ lots of tourists what more could you ask for, great fun last night, and thanks to all for the warm welcome...
Even Decker, who's in-depth knowledge of all things relating to MrsNH's work, was slightly unnerving

Mike
#725767 by Darren Wheeler
20 Sep 2009, 17:23
Not long home here. Echoing again everything said above. Great people, food and drink. Good to see new faces and hope you haven't run away screaming.

The Hilton was a good choice although the stay marred by the noisy little scrotes in the room opposite who kept the corridor awake and me until 4am. Been emailing Hilton with my displeasure at managements inability or unwillingness to deal with it, along with my over-charging.

Looking forward to the next one now, as always.

quote:
Even Decker, who's in-depth knowledge of all things relating to MrsNH's work, was slightly unnerving

Don't worry, you'll get use to it... [;)]
#725773 by Decker
20 Sep 2009, 18:06
Adding plaudits to those amassing above. Great to see both the regulars and the noobs :). Hope those still in York enjoy it and see y'all next time! NH and Mrs NH - thanks for staying the course and being last peeps standing :).
#725777 by Jacki
20 Sep 2009, 18:22
Is there a V-Flyer protocol on blackmail - the photos are much better than expected! [:w]
#725811 by mcuth
20 Sep 2009, 23:34
Had a great time for the few hours I managed to be around for - great to see faces old & new and hope you all had a brilliant meal & night.

Sorry to have missed the folks that I missed. Shame that Karen couldn't make it after all, but she's feeling much better now. The probability is that tea at me Dad's wasn't quite as wild (or alcoholic) as your night, but at least I know he's nicely recovering from his op [:D]

Promise to make a better effort for the next one [:D]

Cheers
Michael
Virgin Atlantic