A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#741547 by brit7070
02 Apr 2010, 21:50
crispin,

thanks for info, can anyone enter?? i did the miami marathon last jan and tied it all in with a very nice UC experience so it would be great to maybe get involved next year?
#741550 by buns
02 Apr 2010, 21:58
brit7070 wrote:crispin,

thanks for info, can anyone enter?? i did the miami marathon last jan and tied it all in with a very nice UC experience so it would be great to maybe get involved next year?

Hi brit 7070

This might help you make up your mind :D

There are some serious runners, but it did seem to me (albeit that last year was my first time) that this is much more for "fun runners" who dojust as much to raise money for good causes - in a typical San francisco free way :w

buns
#741552 by brit7070
02 Apr 2010, 22:02
hi buns

well thats perfect as i spent most of the marathon walking with the old man and was relieved to find a 'beer station' at mile 24!!!!!! a pint of warm weak american lager has never tasted so good, not so good mixed with a carb gel though i must admitt...
#741591 by Wolves27
03 Apr 2010, 08:43
I'm not attending this year brit7070 but for the last couple of years I've definitely been at the party end (in fact in 2008 there was only two of us at the party end).
It's so great in that you can be as serious as you like at the front or just amble at the back and take in the freak show - there's normally at least one or two naked Elvis's around.
Virgin Atlantic