A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#738922 by Vegascrazy
11 Mar 2010, 12:54
quote:Originally posted by crispin
I would be up for that, but sadly I only fly in on Friday, was looking at doing a similar trip on the Monday or Tuesday after B2B.

Crispin

Hi Crispin, unfortunately me & t'other half are off to San Diego on the Monday, so I think we'll need to do it on the Friday. Saturday is of course an option but I figured best not to do day long wine tasting the day before B2B!
#738925 by Darren Wheeler
11 Mar 2010, 13:39
Brilliant idea James [y]

Would be a very convivial way too spend the day. I seem to remember from last year that Chuck has a contact in Napa.
#738968 by buns
11 Mar 2010, 20:19
James

Mrs Buns has jumped at this opportunity (and given she is recovering from a knee op this is some feat[:D]) and you safely take it that we would both be up for a day trip to the wine valleys as neither of us have ever been there[y]

What a great idea

buns
#738982 by crispin
11 Mar 2010, 21:36
quote:Originally posted by Vegascrazy
Saturday is of course an option but I figured best not to do day long wine tasting the day before B2B!

I can think of nothing better than vast amounts of drinking the day before B2B [:D]

Crispin
#738984 by Pete
11 Mar 2010, 21:39
Originally posted by crispin:
I can think of nothing better than vast amounts of drinking the day before B2B [:D]

I was planning that for the day itself too...
#739044 by preiffer
12 Mar 2010, 11:36
THINK we're getting a car to go up the St Helena Highway - Friday would def. work... (DON'T go Saturday, you won't get a look-in at the wineries...)
#739252 by Scrooge
13 Mar 2010, 00:33
In years gone by, when various V-Flyers made their semi-annual trips out to Vegas, there was always a bit of planning going on on how to get LSoM and LRoM drunk enough so I could marry them.

Of course they had to ruin all the fun by actually getting married :(!

So it's time to move on.

The big issue of course was always getting Richard to actually drink, our "new couple" have no such issues, so just in case we actually manage to get them to do it, a semi formal outfit may be needed by all.

Oh and let me be the first to say, it's going to happen Paul and Vic.
#740950 by buns
28 Mar 2010, 08:10
Seeing Pete's Countdown Timer has brought home how soon B2B be upon us :0

Are we going to use the event to raise money for a worthy cause??

If so, it would be good to start soon to gain the maximum benefit (with the London Marathon in a few weeks, many people would think I was doing the same :w

buns
#740970 by Pete
28 Mar 2010, 11:16
buns wrote:Are we going to use the event to raise money for a worthy cause??

I could either do a central JustGiving.com page (I'm guessing everyone would be happy with Dreamflight?), or we could do separate ones. What does everyone think?

Pete
#740984 by buns
28 Mar 2010, 11:58
I would be happy with a central one, but in true V-Flyer tradition, I will go with the flow :|

buns
#740985 by tontybear
28 Mar 2010, 12:17
buns wrote:I would be happy with a central one, but in true V-Flyer tradition, I will go with the flow :|

buns

I'll donate but would prefer to a central one. I have no objections to Dreamflight.

But to whichever charity/ies it is I would like to donation to be seen as from us collectivly rather than as individuals.
#740988 by Pete
28 Mar 2010, 12:30
Ok - once I have a list of the people who want to be part of a central JustGiving page, I'll set one up and create a (prominent) link from V-Flyer to it.

So (sing along with me now...) if you're going to San Francisco (/end of musical interlude) - can you let me know by PM whether you'd want to be in the JustGiving central pot (Andy, I'll assume you're a yes).

Pete
#741382 by Pete
01 Apr 2010, 10:41
Can I get a quick show of hands as to who is confirmed for B2B, and who are still on the maybe list (if reward seats or sale fares make it possible)?

(Also, with the new site we also have a 'Groups' feature, and if you're thinking about going to B2B, then join that group on the site if for no other reason it gives me a reason to test those site features ;-)

Pete
#741414 by buns
01 Apr 2010, 19:03
Pete wrote:Ok - once I have a list of the people who want to be part of a central JustGiving page, I'll set one up and create a (prominent) link from V-Flyer to it.

So (sing along with me now...) if you're going to San Francisco (/end of musical interlude) - can you let me know by PM whether you'd want to be in the JustGiving central pot (Andy, I'll assume you're a yes).

Pete

A big yes y) y)

As some of you may know, mrs Buns is just getting over a knee operation, so whilst she will be part of the party, any suggestion of active involvement on the day is completely out of the question :#

buns
#741421 by tontybear
01 Apr 2010, 19:44
buns wrote:
As some of you may know, mrs Buns is just getting over a knee operation, so whilst she will be part of the party, any suggestion of active involvement on the day is completely out of the question :#

buns

There are some big strapping lads going so maybe they could carry Mrs B aloft on some sort of chaise longue as she waves to the crowds ...
#741423 by Pete
01 Apr 2010, 19:53
tontybear wrote:
buns wrote:

buns

There are some big strapping lads going so maybe they could carry Mrs B aloft on some sort of chaise longue as she waves to the crowds ...

Those 'big strapping lads' you talk of are currently considering whether to 'run' this in drag...
#741424 by buns
01 Apr 2010, 19:56
tontybear wrote:
buns wrote:

buns

Nice thought :D :D But I don't think we could stretch to the subsequent hospital bills :w

The plan is that she can meet us at the Finish, with suitable stock replenishments ):

buns
#741433 by Pete
01 Apr 2010, 20:41
Oh, the word 'run' was in quotes for a reason... I'm planning on a more civilised amble involving much merry-making and probably a fair few cocktails.
#741442 by tontybear
01 Apr 2010, 21:25
Pete wrote:Oh, the word 'run' was in quotes for a reason... I'm planning on a more civilised amble involving much merry-making and probably a fair few cocktails.

I never mentioned 'running' and I was being ironic in using 'big strapping lads'

I do however think that Mrs B deserves a chaise !
#741544 by brit7070
02 Apr 2010, 21:44
hi, can i ask what the B2B is, sounds like a race of some sort which forgive me for being a bit forward but if it seems like its right up my street..
Virgin Atlantic