A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#733780 by Guest
09 Jan 2010, 18:32
Originally posted by Pete
Definitely will have to put more creative thought into the mini bar this year... possibly cocktail shakers and paper umbrellas

Cherries are a must [:I]

Now for costume thoughts . . . . . .[:w] ideas welcome
#733782 by Darren Wheeler
09 Jan 2010, 18:47
I'm registered in Corral 3 and up for Vegas. Probably go back via LAX after a trip to Universal.

Just need an Z sale now.
#733783 by Darren Wheeler
09 Jan 2010, 18:50
Originally posted by hackneyguy
Definitely will have to put more creative thought into the mini bar this year... possibly cocktail shakers and paper umbrellas.

I have a little something in mind...
#733787 by Pete
09 Jan 2010, 20:16
We could always finally realise the plan of going as a plane - either in Virgin Atlantic or Virgin America livery. Or, all as cabin crew (pilots for the ladies) and fulfil that great British tradition of cross-dressing.

Think we need the expert views of Matt and Dean on this case...
#733789 by Pete
09 Jan 2010, 20:26
BTW, I booked the Bauer's shuttle from Footstock back to the start line; more as a back-up plan if we don't attempt to organise our own coach.
#733790 by Guest
09 Jan 2010, 20:27
We could always finally realise the plan of going as a plane - either in Virgin Atlantic or Virgin America livery. Or, all as cabin crew (pilots for the ladies) and fulfil that great British tradition of cross-dressing.

Indeed.

If we go as the plane you could be the UC bar and I could be the pi$$ed UNIQ pax [:w]

However if you think I am going to totter around in 8' Red Stilletoes and up that hill ..... mmm[:?] oh go on then sounds like fun [y]

Bubbles DeVere [^] Darling
#733791 by Guest
09 Jan 2010, 20:28
quote:Originally posted by Darren Wheeler
quote:Originally posted by hackneyguy
quote:Originally posted by Pete
Definitely will have to put more creative thought into the mini bar this year... possibly cocktail shakers and paper umbrellas.

I have a little something in mind...

Darren, Darling, as you know I DONT do LITTLE [:w][:w]
#733793 by Pete
09 Jan 2010, 20:49
I've dropped an email to Virgin Atlantic and see if they want to get involved this year - endorse us running in Virgin Atlantic livery, and help with the costumes (if necessary).

How many of those who are going / thinking of going to B2B would be up for running in a group costume? Assume that if we went down that route, I'd get one of my theatre designers on the job to come up with something that is practical to run in, can be transported easily there, and has various 'levels' of outfits, so those who don't fancy running in a big costume (Bubbles Devere?) could have something very simple, but still be part of the team.

P.
#733825 by Vegascrazy
10 Jan 2010, 01:10
Steve & I deffo up for B2B, flight to SFO on 12/5 been booked for ages [:)]
We're giving Vegas a miss this year and heading for Palm Springs on Mon 17th, stopping en route on the way somewehere....suggestions for stopover welcome!

Cheers
James
#733850 by crispin
10 Jan 2010, 11:15
I'm hoping to do B2B for the first time this year (waiting like most people it seems for a Z sale) - anyone got any tips?

Probably looking at flying on the 14th if I can.

Crispin
#733867 by Wolves27
10 Jan 2010, 12:14

Mat and I aren't doing B2B this year. We love it, bit don't want to get into the habit of going *every* year (think I said the same aboiut taking my Mum to Benidorm every year and that clearly hasn't worked [:)]) We have a date with Chicago later in the Month so will have to miss this one.

Costumes are great fun, if a little hot. I know we're never going to get great times so the comedy route always works best for us. And really, when do I get the chance to dress up in womens clothes normally!

Still trying to work out what genre of Zombie I'm going to be if we do the NYC Halloween parade this year.
#733868 by Pete
10 Jan 2010, 12:23
Dean - I remember saying I wasn't doing B2B last year... so I still have a few months to work on you and Mat ;-)
#733871 by Neil
10 Jan 2010, 12:31
What dates are people planning on being in Vegas?. It is looking likely we might be doing Vegas for a few days from the 27th May, not confirmed yet though.
#733918 by Pete
10 Jan 2010, 18:25
27th might be a bit late for me still to be in the US if I aim to get in on or around the 12th.
#734059 by Darren Wheeler
11 Jan 2010, 13:12
I'll be back in the UK by then too.

I believe Uncle Scrooge is still in town on the 17th or so.
#734062 by Neil
11 Jan 2010, 13:27
Ah well, looks like we might miss most of you but if anyone is around then sure we will say hi.
#734127 by daywalker
12 Jan 2010, 01:13
Originally posted by Neil
Ah well, looks like we might miss most of you but if anyone is around then sure we will say hi.

I'll not be doing B2B but I'll be in Vegas 29 May - 5 June....
#734138 by HighFlyer
12 Jan 2010, 08:16
At this stage its unlikely we'll be there as we've had a rather expensive quarter, and my birthday is in March too. That said, never say never, but its unlikely.

Thanks,
Sarah
#734163 by HighFlyer
12 Jan 2010, 13:20
quote:Originally posted by Darren Wheeler
You'll weaken by April [:)]

Perhaps, but my FC mileage balance may be equally as weak by then! [:D]

Thanks,
Sarah
#734164 by RichardMannion
12 Jan 2010, 13:23
As Sarah said, we are unlikely for this year - but very tempted to do next year as its the 100th event so should be a riot.
#734165 by Pete
12 Jan 2010, 13:27
Sarah, I seem to remember saying I wasn't doing it last year... I'm now booked onto the VS19 on the 12th May.
#734681 by Pete
18 Jan 2010, 14:45
Quick update from Virgin who are 'keen to support you in any way we can' [y] given that we plan to support a children's charity (Dreamflight), and they are also suggesting we consider supporting The Travel Foundation and Free The Children, which are the two charities they are supporting this year.

I'm thinking for simplicity, if we can get a bunch of old uniforms from VS and then add a bit of theatrical tailoring, we might be able to whip up a recreation of the 25 Year Red Hot advert on the streets of San Francisco. And to see Reiffer in heels and pillar-box red lip stick has got to be worth a fair bit of sponsorship for charity, ain't it... [;)]

Think we had a few more potentially attendees following the Brussels trip last weekend, so time to start snapping up those G's out to San Francisco in May...

Pete
#734683 by Guest
18 Jan 2010, 14:50
Quick update from Virgin who are 'keen to support you in any way we can' [y] given that we plan to support a children's charity (Dreamflight), and they are also suggesting we consider supporting The Travel Foundation and Free The Children, which are the two charities they are supporting this year.

I'm thinking for simplicity, if we can get a bunch of old uniforms from VS and then add a bit of theatrical tailoring, we might be able to whip up a recreation of the 25 Year Red Hot advert on the streets of San Francisco. And to see Reiffer in heels and pillar-box red lip stick has got to be worth a fair bit of sponsorship for charity, ain't it... [;)]

Think we had a few more potentially attendees following the Brussels trip last weekend, so time to start snapping up those G's out to San Francisco in May...

Pete

Sounds good to me - both splitting equally the sponsorhip between the three charities and the costume idea so count me in.

Also thanks for the EMail Pete - will book my flight today.
Virgin Atlantic