A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#735035 by buns
22 Jan 2010, 21:21
Well Mrs Buns & I have succumbed and have now booked flights[:w] (although it is highly likely that Mrs Buns will not be able to participate in the Run itself[:#]

Let's hope it lives up to the wonderful time had last year

buns
#735037 by tontybear
22 Jan 2010, 22:20
Was thinking of it for a moment so just checked.

There is a 'G' on the way out on the 13th (the party plane?) but none until 18th July on the way back !

I assume that if there are no G's then it wont be possible to book PE then do a miles upgrade?

The UC fare is just way out of my price range
#735038 by buns
22 Jan 2010, 22:25
quote:Originally posted by tontybear
Was thinking of it for a moment so just checked.

There is a 'G' on the way out on the 13th (the party plane?) but none until 18th July on the way back !

I assume that if there are no G's then it wont be possible to book PE then do a miles upgrade?

The UC fare is just way out of my price range

The 'Party' bus is on Wednesday the 12th I believe - at least I hope so as we are booked in PE[:w]

One option we contemplated was booking some U tickets (PE Rewards) with the hop of some Gs becoming available later, but as we need the Tier Points, we have gone for a sale fare

buns
#735041 by tontybear
22 Jan 2010, 22:37
There were G's outbound in the 11th and 13th but not the 12th,

Wonder who got them [:?][:?][:?]
#735042 by buns
22 Jan 2010, 22:49
There were G's outbound in the 11th and 13th but not the 12th,

Wonder who got them [:?][:?][:?]

Me too[:(!][:(!]

When I was talking to Premier, she recalled talking to V Flyers earlier in the week[:w]

Time will tell

buns
#735049 by MarkedMan
23 Jan 2010, 07:12
It's early to tell if G will become available closer to the flight, and this is one that has a lot of savvy folks waiting to pounce, but FWIW never had problems with G becoming available a couple of days before the flight for a Wednesday flight. It does mean buying an S instead of a K fare and carrying some risk, or you can try buying K and changing it to an S should the G inventory become available.
#735056 by tontybear
23 Jan 2010, 11:07
This is not just any Wednesday it is a Party Bus Wednesday ...
#735058 by Guest
23 Jan 2010, 11:12
This is not just any Wednesday it is a Party Bus Wednesday ...

Well it is a case of buying a J or Z or flying via LAX I am afraid [n] Or you could fly PE [:w] (as IF thats going to happen to tonty [:0] )
#735060 by tontybear
23 Jan 2010, 11:30
quote:Originally posted by hackneyguy
Or you could fly PE [:w] (as IF thats going to happen to tonty [:0] )

Indeed its not ! [8D][8D][8D]
#735954 by Scrooge
02 Feb 2010, 08:26
Ok, who is coming to Vegas after ?
#736083 by Vegascrazy
03 Feb 2010, 11:41
quote:Originally posted by Scrooge
Ok, who is coming to Vegas after ?

Our plan (Steve & me) is to head to San Diego on Virgin America the day after the run - Mon 17th. After a few nights there we're driving to Palm Springs on or around Thu 20th for six nights before heading home ex LAX on 26th.

We thought we'd give Vegas a miss this year but now Pete's gone and put a spanner in the works by tempting us along to a day long cabana party at the Mandalay at some point the week of the 20th!! Last year's cabana day was excellent so we're very tempted!

Not sure if logistics will mean we can make it to Vegas, we just need to finalise the San Diego element of our itinerary, so keeping things fluid for the moment [:)]

Cheers
James
#736087 by ChuckC
03 Feb 2010, 15:28
I missed that cabana party last year and the opportunity to go this year is tempting. Same with the B2B itself.

Chuck-
#736094 by Scrooge
03 Feb 2010, 19:49
Jenn (Mrs Scrooge) is working on something as well, a little night out for us all.

It seems that FRANK MARINO and his partner are friends of hers, who knew [?]
So she just dropped his partner an email seeing about getting a block of tickets for one of the nights.

This will either be for the Monday or Tuesday night, I am thinking Tuesday, just to give everyone a chance to recover a bit.

Once we have numbers figured out I will start looking for restaurants.
How many people will have cars ? The reason being I am thinking maybe the Geisha House, it's a little hole in the wall place a couple of miles east of the strip, The bitches seemed to enjoy it AND our veggie friends can have a full blown meal there without any messing around.
#736098 by buns
03 Feb 2010, 20:28
Following B2B, Mrs Buns & I will be travelling to Vegas on the Monday and returning to SFO on the Friday

Happy to 'go with the flow' and the chance to see Frank does seem tempting[;)]

now to find a good deal on a Hotel - so much to choose from[}:)]

buns
#736100 by Scrooge
03 Feb 2010, 20:51
quote:Originally posted by buns

buns

Reiffer is supposed to be setting something up.
#736101 by Neil
03 Feb 2010, 21:06
quote:Originally posted by buns]

buns

There is a good deal on at the Wynn/Encore if you book your stay through PTS. The offer is first night free on stays for 2 or more nights, and you still get full FHR benefits, just saved us $250 for our stay at the end of the May. You will need to get the PTS agent to all the hotel to get the deal, but worked all fine.
#736103 by buns
03 Feb 2010, 21:19
Thanks guys[y][y]

buns
#736105 by buns
03 Feb 2010, 21:59
quote:Originally posted by Darren Wheeler
PCOOL gets a discount at Mandalay Bay/THE Hotel

Darren

Thanks[y]

will compare with what Amex might offer, before deciding

buns
#736120 by ChuckC
04 Feb 2010, 04:59
quote:Originally posted by buns
Following B2B, Mrs Buns & I will be travelling to Vegas on the Monday and returning to SFO on the Friday

Happy to 'go with the flow' and the chance to see Frank does seem tempting[;)]

buns

Buns, you and Mrs. B. should come to Palm Springs for at least one day. We have very reasonable hotels here, and perhaps you'll be here for Steve's birthday![^] If you come, I'll cook for you -- promise!

Chuck-
#736185 by Pete
05 Feb 2010, 13:55
Now booked a PCOOL-rate suite at THEhotel - thanks for that find, Darren.

Pete
#738889 by Vegascrazy
11 Mar 2010, 06:45
Steve and I are keen to book a day trip to the wine valleys, probably on the Friday after we arrive in San Fran. Anyone else interested or has any recommendations? Essentially we're after being picked up in the morning and delivered back in the evening with tours of a few vineyards and (of course [8D]) lots of wine tasting throughout the day [y]

James
#738906 by Pete
11 Mar 2010, 10:48
Been a long time since I've been up to Sonoma/Napa, so might well be up for that myself.
Virgin Atlantic