A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#259810 by Vegascrazy
04 Jul 2009, 19:16
Hi all, this may seem premature but given that we don't want to risk not being able to use miles to upgrade we have today booked tickets for next May [:)]

There were no G's on either the Thurs or Fri prior to B2B (which next year is on Sun 16th May) so we've (myself, Steve/e-spressobeen and Jonathan/TikiJon) plumped for Wed 12th VS19 and we're returning 2 weeks later on the VS8. Our plan is to road trip it down from San Fran and end up in Palm Springs for a week or so.

Hope we manage to form a party bus again [y]

Cheers,
James
#720114 by buns
04 Jul 2009, 19:22
Well, there is no holding you back is there[:D][:D]

I suppose the keenness will also be reflected in the training regime - going for the under an hour I suppose[}:)]

Seriously, Mrs Buns has intimated she would like to come along this time, but it is far too early for us to commit at the moment

buns
#720116 by Scrooge
04 Jul 2009, 19:31
Well as long as no family things come up, Jenn and I will be up for the Friday night/Saturday night fun and games. Please someone remind me !!!
#720120 by ChuckC
04 Jul 2009, 19:50
Guess I should fire up the barbeque. The British are coming!
Your many admirers in Palm Springs will be pleased no doubt to know of your return to the desert in 2010.

Chuck-
#720122 by Darren Wheeler
04 Jul 2009, 20:13
It's pencilled in at the moment, but I plan on waiting for the Z's to drop a bit first (sale in Jan??) before booking.

Chuck. I will try to make it your way next year, but as Buns points out, very early days yet.
#720141 by fozzyo
05 Jul 2009, 01:08
I doubt will make B2B myself next year - i'm planning on being in Chicago for Memorial Weekend instead and can't stretch to a 3 week trip.

Mat
#720142 by ChuckC
05 Jul 2009, 01:45
Originally posted by Darren Wheeler:
It's pencilled in at the moment, but I plan on waiting for the Z's to drop a bit first (sale in Jan??) before booking.

Chuck. I will try to make it your way next year, but as Buns points out, very early days yet.

That would be great, Darren. Trying also to get Buns and the Lord Mannions down to the desert if they do next year's race.

Chuck-
#720157 by preiffer
05 Jul 2009, 11:08
I can draw you a picture of Richard's face in advance of walking into Toucan's, Chuck.... [:w]
#720158 by Neil
05 Jul 2009, 11:14
Well, we are planning a trip to the West Coast at the end of May, planning of flying out around the 16/17th, but we most certainly will NOT be doing any running. We will be visiting LA/SFO/LAS at some point but at the moment it will probably the other way round to what most B2B people will be doing.
#720160 by HighFlyer
05 Jul 2009, 11:34
Its too early for us to think about B2B at the moment, and we both need to save our miles to pay for flights for our wedding, but we both would very much like to attend again - as long its not stupidly hot on race day next year too!

Thanks,
Sarah
#720165 by Scrooge
05 Jul 2009, 12:38
Neil, you and Luke are more than welcome to hang with us as we cheer on the lunatics more motivated people from the safety of a bar on the route.
#720175 by ChuckC
05 Jul 2009, 14:21
Originally posted by preiffer:
I can draw you a picture of Richard's face in advance of walking into Toucan's, Chuck....

I was a follower, not a leader. And Richard will have Sarah along, who will keep him out of any trouble!

Chuck-
#720178 by Neil
05 Jul 2009, 14:37
Originally posted by Scrooge
Neil, you and Luke are more than welcome to hang with us as we cheer on the lunatics more motivated people from the safety of a bar on the route.

There is no way we will be able to be in SFO for the race on the 16th so that isn't an option either. We can't fly out until that day at the earliest as my best friend is getting married on the 15th, something we can't miss.

We will however be coming to Vegas at some point on our trip[}:)]
#720179 by Tinkerbelle
05 Jul 2009, 15:00
Originally posted by Neil

We will however be coming to Vegas at some point on our trip

Make sure you take spring rolls with you!
#720205 by Guest
05 Jul 2009, 21:07
quote:Originally posted by Vegascrazy

There were no G's on either the Thurs or Fri prior to B2B

Not sure what I am doing yet - but will book a revenue ticket nearer the date.

However my sister booked a G today to SFO going out on the Fri 14th so guess more have now been made available.

Regards,

Hackneyguy
#720211 by Scrooge
05 Jul 2009, 23:04
Originally posted by Tinkerbelle

Make sure you take spring rolls with you!

See Mr Reiffer about the spring rolls, the git knows what I like.
#720212 by Scrooge
05 Jul 2009, 23:06
Originally posted by Scrooge

There is no way we will be able to be in SFO for the race on the 16th so that isn't an option either.

Sorry to hear that.

I will be sure to double check the dates, as a disclaimer now, I know the family is planning something for the spring and seeing as we don't pay for it I really don't have a lot of leeway when it comes to dates.
#731025 by Darren Wheeler
30 Nov 2009, 19:36
Been looking at my plans for May so based on last year, time to dig this up and start fleshing out the details.

Early I know but once Christmas has gone by it'll be time to get the serious matter of training underway. Registration should open in a week or so. Then awaiting the january sale for those all-important Z fares for the party bus.
#731054 by Vegascrazy
01 Dec 2009, 10:01
Yes, we're booked - out on Wed 12th on the VS19 [y] Just hope the day of the run isn't quite as hot as it was last time!
#731056 by Darren Wheeler
01 Dec 2009, 10:12
I've not decided dates yet but will probably do Vegas afterwards before return from LAX after a day at Universal.
#731619 by Tinkerbelle
08 Dec 2009, 18:14
Originally posted by Darren Wheeler
Looks like we have something to aim for too

http://www.v-flyer.com/dreamflight.asp

Having once operated an Orlando flight where we carried some terminally ill children going to Disneyworld - it is a truly worthy cause.
#731620 by Dreamflight
08 Dec 2009, 18:26
All the crew I have known who have operated these flights are touched by them. Speaking with one crew member is the one of the main reasons I now try and raise money for them.

Christian
#733774 by Pete
09 Jan 2010, 18:13
I had a loyalty registration email today - first 3,000 people to register get it for just $35, so I've gone and done it [;)] corral C (1hr30, though I'll probably just walk it again anyway...)

So, who else is going, and who's up for the after-party in Vegas?

Pete
#733777 by Guest
09 Jan 2010, 18:20
Originally posted by Pete
I had a loyalty registration email today - first 3,000 people to register get it for just $35, so I've gone and done it [;)] corral C (1hr30, though I'll probably just walk it again anyway...)

So, who else is going, and who's up for the after-party in Vegas?

Pete

Hey Pete - I got the same Email. I know many of the 'regulars' aren't doing it this year but I would love to - esp to walk with you and your mini bar [:w]

Thinking I may fly to Plam Springs for a couple of days then drive over to Vegas for a few days ......

Ian
Virgin Atlantic